Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that almost all INTPs have some vice or method they use to unwind. Even we get brain fried if we pursue and investigate and analyse our interests too much and so vegging out in one way or another seems inevitable.

Personally for me it is visual media. Manga, Anime, movies even books to a certain degree. I get home after a day of work and even before I eat the computer goes on and I check for what I can satisfy this desire with today. Sometimes I get so stuck on it that I'm there late into the night to see just that little bit more, and then when I finally pull away from it I can feel my brain shift modes as it releases from it's previous fixation high.

·
Registered
348 Posts
In the past, I've been very addicted to playing video games. I now watch people play video games while doing other things on my other monitor. If I'm not watching anything, I'll have Pandora up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the past, I've been very addicted to playing video games. I now watch people play video games while doing other things on my other monitor. If I'm not watching anything, I'll have Pandora up.
Ya, I like playing video games and used to be really into them, but a lot of the times I get as much out of it when I watch someone else play. I think for me to really get into video games again I'd have to be in an environment of excitement towards that game, but when I just progress through them myself I get bored of them quickly.

I wonder if INTP is like the only type that actually enjoys watching others play video games.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As an INTJ, I didn't vote in the poll, but I would have to say Audio Media for sure. It changes from time to time, as it was previously video games, then exercise.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Ya, I like playing video games and used to be really into them, but a lot of the times I get as much out of it when I watch someone else play. I think for me to really get into video games again I'd have to be in an environment of excitement towards that game, but when I just progress through them myself I get bored of them quickly.

I wonder if INTP is like the only type that actually enjoys watching others play video games.
I enjoy watching others play as well. The cut scenes are like little movies and if I'm interested in playing the game, I can memorize certain parts and get tips and tricks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Video games and Alcohol. I also binge on music but I don't see how there is any negative aspect towards that.

Video games I could literally play for days. I'm currently without a reliable way to play any video games and am enjoying this new found "freedom" I may be cutting this down in favor of productivity.

Alcohol, I've been drinking since 15. I'm 1 month and 10 days sober. I turn into a raging beast when I drink sometimes and apparently its a little to common that I may hurt somebody during that phase, so I've decided to get rid of alcohol in my life. Its not quite so hard most of the time, some days its like fighting an even more intense version of what someone feels with sexual arousal. I shall prevail regardless of my addictions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts