Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the click bait :wink:

This is kind of a general discussion thread, I am interested to know what everyone is doing ! I'm currently in the worst lecture on a friday morning bored out of my mind and wondered if anyone "intjs" or other wise were doing anything exciting in their life at the moment :exterminate:

Though I did do something kind of exciting a few days ago...:kitteh:

I recently had my birthday and went to a VR studio with my S.O it was amazing ! I had never played VR games before and was surprised by how immersive it was but my arms hurt in the morning from holding the controllers up all the time. It's very exciting to see and experience where games are headed now days !:crazy:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Here's way too early for lectures. I am currently riding a night train, being delighted by a book named Eat Me: A Natural and Unnatural History of Cannibalism. It keeps me sane, this is one boring ride. And I don't have my Mensa books of puzzles with me...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's way too early for lectures. I am currently riding a night train, being delighted by a book named Eat Me: A Natural and Unnatural History of Cannibalism. It keeps me sane, this is one boring ride. And I don't have my Mensa books of puzzles with me...
Wow sounds like a crazy read ! Could you recommend any must read books !?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Eating dinner, getting ready to practice some languages.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My long term goals include learning more physics, mathematics and programming. I am currently not following very actively trends in IT, but I would like to (the whole VR thing, AI advancements, IoT, etc.). I would like to understand everything about quantum computing, but I guess this would take a while. There are some causes which I like to take more participation in - like open source. I also oppose most forms of intellectual property and I would like to do something more than be vocal about it.

I am actively working on improving my english and french and developing better social skills. I fill my free time mainly with sports, learning things and watching movies. I also try to travel as much as I can.

And I would like to get a master's degree in CS soon :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I, too, am curious about your book. I'm (excruciatingly slowly) writing a book as well. I'm surprised I haven't seen a writing thread for the INTJs
Maybe we should start one :D I enjoy writing short stories especially thriller/horror such a great way to express your feelings and self creatively. What is your book ???

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My long term goals include learning more physics, mathematics and programming. I am currently not following very actively trends in IT, but I would like to (the whole VR thing, AI advancements, IoT, etc.). I would like to understand everything about quantum computing, but I guess this would take a while. There are some causes which I like to take more participation in - like open source. I also oppose most forms of intellectual property and I would like to do something more than be vocal about it.

I am actively working on improving my english and french and developing better social skills. I fill my free time mainly with sports and learning things. I also try to travel as much as I can.

And I would like to get a master's degree in CS soon :)
Thats awesome ! any reason in particular that you lean towards IT ?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe we should start one :D I enjoy writing short stories especially thriller/horror such a great way to express your feelings and self creatively. What is your book ???
It's untitled right now, but it's sort of like 1984 but not really. Dystopian is overused, but it's good shorthand. I'll need to finish the rough draft, and heavily edit it before I'd share it with anyone.

Are your thriller and horror short stories psychological horror, or something else?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
What languages ?! I'm currently failing at 3 xD
日本語 を べんきょうし ます!

I'm studying Japanese and French. I already sorta know intermediate French, but my speaking ability is piss poor. Japanese music has been a staple in my life for so long that I figured I should learn it too. Hiragana is so cute to write.

What are you learning?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
日本語 を べんきょうし ます!

I'm studying Japanese and French. I already sorta know intermediate French, but my speaking ability is piss poor. Japanese music has been a staple in my life for so long that I figured I should learn it too. Hiragana is so cute to write.

What are you learning?
On the side of other languages Im learning hangul "written korean" beauce its sooooo cute ! and kpop lyrics haha. Spoken and written Italian, Spoken Afrikkans and keeping up with my Te Reo.

Did you learn French in school or something ?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's untitled right now, but it's sort of like 1984 but not really. Dystopian is overused, but it's good shorthand. I'll need to finish the rough draft, and heavily edit it before I'd share it with anyone.

Are your thriller and horror short stories psychological horror, or something else?
I guess you could call them psychological horrors I like to do the unexpected when I write, totally out of this world stuff, I'll post a story on my profile sometime :D

So are you a published author ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
What's your book about ??
Based on true events. It's about getting treatment for mental health in a teen out patient program. The main character Autumn has anxiety (not explicitly stated) ADHD and situational depression bc of anxiety and ADHD. She meets Luna who was abused by her mother. Luna Gets bullied. Girls at her school have numerously called her a whore, cunt, and told her to kill herself. and have ptsd, generalized anxiety, and depression. Clarence baseball player has an excellent life but very disconsolated. Thinks he's "fine." Vincent- twin of Luna was also abused by their mother as well has ocd and situational depression bc of OCD. Phoniex is addicted to Xanax and when I mean addicted I say he's been in and out of the hospital and impatient for overdosing. Also, has OCD and ADHD. Autumn meets all of them and figures out she's not insane even though her intrusive thoughts tell her otherwise. It sounds like a lot of its about recovery and hope.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I, too, am curious about your book. I'm (excruciatingly slowly) writing a book as well. I'm surprised I haven't seen a writing thread for the INTJs
Based on true events. It's about getting treatment for mental health in a teen out patient program. The main character Autumn has anxiety (not explicitly stated) ADHD and situational depression bc of anxiety and ADHD. She meets Luna who was abused by her mother. Luna Gets bullied. Girls at her school have numerously called her a whore, cunt, and told her to kill herself. and have ptsd, generalized anxiety, and depression. Clarence baseball player has an excellent life but very disconsolated. Thinks he's "fine." Vincent- twin of Luna was also abused by their mother as well has ocd and situational depression bc of OCD. Phoniex is addicted to Xanax and when I mean addicted I say he's been in and out of the hospital and impatient for overdosing. Also, has OCD and ADHD. Autumn meets all of them and figures out she's not insane even though her intrusive thoughts tell her otherwise. It sounds like a lot of its about recovery and hope.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts