Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Pretty frustrated, cause I calculated the chances of getting a summer job assuming I have an average resume and each job has 200 applicants (what I've heard is average) considering how many I've found that I even have a shot at, and it's 3.5%.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Somewhat annoyed. A lot of people make the mistake of asking me what I do for a living, or what I am currently working on in non-professional settings (such as on dates, at family reunions, or when I am on holiday), which is invasive and rude. To ask me what I do in a social setting (out of context) indicates that you are trying to assess my social status relative to yours. What you are really asking me is “How prestigious is your position in the industry? Will I look good if I am seen talking to you?" and of course, "Can you help me network?”. It makes you look materialistic and tasteless. If someone is genuinely eager to learn more about what I do in my day, I will expect them to elaborate on their job first. To ask me personal questions out of nowhere is to illicit a curt response.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm feeling frustrated because it seems like I'm one of few people who really try to look for and hope for the good in people, even when they've wronged me. But I feel like I'm surrounded by people who will dismiss you for the slightest thing or even nothing at all, it's sickening.

Is it all just about looks and money nowadays? Or circumstances?

41 - 60 of 141 Posts