“i feel like a dog, whose back legs have been cut off and his eyes plucked out
crawling after the scent of humans
through this a vast frozen wasteland
but when i get there they've already moved on
but a loyal dog, i relentlessly follow their scent
and i'll probably never see humans again
and even if i did they would just throw me out,
a blind crippled dog.”

i am writing this poem so that i can make myself believe that i actually feel things
i have gone through special training in order to learn how to express my emotions
but i don’t have any emotions, and that makes me sad

“i feel like i’m walking through a valley full of eggs
only the crows have pecked my eyes out and wearing clownshoes
and every time i step on one of their eggs the crows peck my eyes out.”

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I adore what you have written here. The imagery is amazing. You are a gifted writer. Perhaps emotions cannot be summoned or willed. Do you ever sit or lay down and just listen to your body and what you feel? what about when you listen to music? what stirs within you?

Your writing certainly made me feel...

·
Registered
INTJ
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
susurration;bt19169 said:
I adore what you have written here. The imagery is amazing. You are a gifted writer. Perhaps emotions cannot be summoned or willed. Do you ever sit or lay down and just listen to your body and what you feel? what about when you listen to music? what stirs within you?

Your writing certainly made me feel...
Emotions can be simulated, but not created at will entirely, and as simulations have an awful synthetic quality... Sitting down and listening? Yes, but... I should say I do have emotions, but they are usually very constant cold things. And feeling no emotions is an emotion too, sort of.

metaphors can stir me (often in song.) Its hard to even talk about emotions not in metaphors... That poem was easier to write than this post.The song has to have stirring words, and it helps if I haven't heard it before, or if I'm hearing it from a new perspective.

And, thank you. ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts