Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello :)

I felt like asking all of you what you are thankful for, because i just realized that i tend to forget that there are quite a lot of things i am gratefull for. Why are you? In what way does it influence you? And what of those things would you never give up?

I hope you are all having a good day/night!
sparkle9

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm thankful for my boyfriend, he's my rock on days like today. I don't know what I'd do without him in my life.

I want to marry him.

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
I'm grateful for my new computer... I thought I was going to have to spend over a thousand dollars, but I found an amazing deal online. ^_^ I still have to sell a few things to make up for the money but whatever. At least I didn't have to sell a lung :D

Reactions: sparkle9

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really like the fact that I have two legs, they allow me to move around liberally. I love the fact that I have joints, so that I can bend sometimes. It's also cool how I am alive, so that I am not dead.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,261 Posts
tons of things, at the moment I am particularly thankful for my husband, for tea, for shortbread, for strawberries, for imagination, and for cuddles :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Everything, literally everything. I spend a lot of my time reading about history and current events, reflecting on the tales of the distraught and downtrodden, hearing their stories... and it has given be a very grateful perspective. Yesterday after a particularly powerful college lecture I came home and immediately hugged my fridge, because I was just so grateful that I had one. When someone I'm dating breaks up with me, or I'm feeling insecure about my appearance, I am thankful that I live in a society in which these relatively trivial concerns can actually matter. When I read about the break up of Yugoslavia or the Indian partition, I am thankful that I can have close friends of a diverse racial/ethnic grouping without fearing that one of them is going to shoot me, or that I might be forced to shoot them (or worse). After a lifetime of listening to the advice of those near the end of their days, I make a point to treasure every sunrise, every happy moment, and every beautiful thing. I try to spend as much time as I possibly can reflecting on the things I have and the things I admire, so that not a moment of neglect can slip past me.

Mostly, of course, I am thankful for my close friends, whom I love dearly. I really should make a point to tell them this more often... one never knows when they might no longer have a chance to do so.

·
Registered
146 Posts
On being able to feel very deeply, to reflect on myself quite well, to be able to think in clarity. All this and related, to be alive.
Maybe it's because, well, I am intuitive and feely :p

But I wouldn't want it any other way. Some people just agree and follow others in what other people believe in and feel, sometimes neglecting their own feelings. And I don't want me to do that, not anymore. I have ignored myself for way too long...

·
Premium Member
15,288 Posts
Oh boy. There is sooooooo much!

I'll start with being grateful, for every breath I take.

I also am very glad I can see.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
I'm very grateful for my brother in law providing accomodation when I was not doing so well and I hindered his daily life with my sister.I am also very grateful in hindsight that one of the manager helped me get out of a company which was being very nasty to their employees. I am also grateful for my latest nephew. He brings such joy to my life. Seeing him makes me cry so, and it reminds me of my father's wishes for all his children. He's a very funny little chappy. :) I'm so proud to be his auntie. I am also grateful for this agent who found me a job very quickly, but I was so mean to him before, as he tried to persuade me in a very NF way, and stopped me from pursuing one of my own goals in life. I was also cynical and thought that it was because of his commissons. Which is true. I learnt the hard way, which I know they were testing me with on contracting, and now found me a new job recently. In a way, I am grateful for him, cos for once I was absolute honest with myself and with my job agents, and I did find a more stable job. Sometimes people can see what you want is not what you need. They know you more than you think you know yourself sometimes, and that stubbornness kind of carries through one's life. In reflection, I am grateful, it means I am not homeless. There are lots of things to be thankful for. :)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'm very grateful for a lot of things. My freedom, my health, the people I love and who love me, a roof over my head, my comfy, comfy bed, clean fresh water and food to eat. They are the ones I most commonly feel grateful for.. then I can add loads of details.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm grateful that I live in a society where I at least have some form of freedoms and that I'm living in comfortable surroundings, which compared to a lot of the world is extremely extravagant.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm gratefull of all the moments that occured in my life, making me the person that I am today. My errors, acomplishments, friends and family.
I also thank specially to a really good friend that is always by my side, telling me what is needed to be told, strick and straight to the point (He is INTJ by the way). @Zheeph Sup dawg! You are the man! :D
He helped me in so many ways and I hope I can be friends with him for a looooooooooooong time.
I have no regrets of everything that happened to me until now and I hope to continue like this.
I'm also gratefull of my good disposition, my open mind for new things, always take the positive way most of the time, or I would be crawling in the corner, not standing the harsh world outside. I'm thankfull to have a home, the food I get, a place to sleep, the affection, friendship and love I recieve. Those who give me those things, I tend to return equal if I'm capable of it.
There will be more good and bad moments ahead of me but if I face and overcome all obstacles, there will be more things to be gratefull for.
As I always say. "Even if you get bashed with tons of bad moments, there will be always at least one good. That will be worth everything you faced." (Should put this on my signature XD)
I don't have much to complain, thankfully.
Except when there is no cake.
I hate when there is no cake dammit! LOL

This is what I'm gratefull for. ^^

Reactions: sparkle9

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm grateful for everything. Everybody in my life, no matter how small their role.A random stranger could have kidnapped me, brutally tortured me and then killed me.But they didn't..And I'm grateful for that..:laughing:

I'm grateful for being an INFP..I think we often forget about that..

I'm blessed to be able to taste food, hear music, see scenery, and feel the warm cuddly fur of a kitten.
I'm blessed to have legs,arms and a functional brain.
(Had to switch words..grateful was starting to sound weird..)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts