Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
You mean a conversation with someone that's not a close friend, or family, etc?

Depends with whom.

With most people I usually act really normal, like they'd expect me to... And most of the time answer in a way for the conversation to end as soon as possible (without it being noticed). Unless I find the person interesting which is very strange... Even then I might get shy and end it sooner that I would like to somehow though.
I always ruin all my opportunities.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Depends on the person. I am generally quite nice but I don't mince words. I'm rather cordial to get from point A to point B. Unless I'm interested in what you're saying, I'll give polite but minimal responses, and initiate very little. Depending on my mood, I can be standoffish, but I'm generally just warm enough. If people paid attention, they might see I'm mostly humoring them. I have charmed no one during "small talk".

On the occasion that you actually interest me or throw me am intriguing curve ball, I'll respond very quickly and block out the rest of the world to pay attention to you. I'll become pretty playful. I have a sly way of testing boundaries.

I realize this makes me sound like a narcissist, hahaha. I'm not. I'm just too caught up in my dreamworld to invest in learning much social grace.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fyi; I'm referring more so to say, a lighthearted conversation with a friend, or at the very least, someone who strikes your interest. Are you necessarily talking about your feelings or passions most of the time, or do you ever engage in funny, pointless banter? My conception of Fours seems really cartoony.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'll mention all my main interaction styles for perspective.

I can be very gentlemanly to strangers, acquaintances and interests. Like an experienced host with pride in his effective quirks. If I haven't eaten, my thoughts are bouncing off the walls, and I'm eerily awkward to everyone.

With friends I'm not Mr. Congeniality, but I'm witty. Again, if I haven't eaten, once again I'm...well, they refer to me as "the creepy kind of awkward."

In my head I'm an anime character alternating between lackadaisical and intense. It shows. A lot.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Fyi; I'm referring more so to say, a lighthearted conversation with a friend, or at the very least, someone who strikes your interest. Are you necessarily talking about your feelings or passions most of the time, or do you ever engage in funny, pointless banter? My conception of Fours seems really cartoony.
Oh. Well, that's totally different. I would say that I rarely talking about my feelings or passions during lighthearted conversations with friends. I'm much more likely to joke around, ask them questions, maybe discuss thoughts and observations. I probably laugh or pull sarcastic faces more often than the average person during, casual conversation with friends.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I am engaging and charming, and I always drive towards the personal. I also slip in in lots of anecdotes to entertain, but mostly to make myself look interesting.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Oh, yeah... As for how frequently talks about my feelings, passions and such occur compared to 'pointless banter,' I'm more prone to desire speaking about feelings (not emotions, but inexplicable percepts) when I'm hungry, or heavy hearted. It's not easy for me to be witty when I'm compromised in some noticeable way. When I'm feeling balanced and okay, I mix banter with insights.

Conversationally, I'm generally recognized as either an insistent provocateur for reflections just begging to happen, a stuttering train wreck, or a jokester with varying levels of shamelessness.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't beat around the bush. I don't have much to say in everyday mundane matters. I usually let others do the talking because I'm busy thinking and observing. When you talk too much, you're not thinking.

Its a lot easier for me to speak when I know that others are listening. A lot of the time I mumble and my brilliance is drowned out by your typical run-of-the-mill diarrhea-foaming loudmouths you run into everyday.

Speaking at a podium, in front of a crowd, when I'm not competing for attention is the easiest. When I have the limelight the sentences form perfectly because what I'm talking about has been formulated and refined in my head countless times. I may be silent a lot of the time around others, but I have a very loud inner voice.

A friend once said: "this guy is so quiet, he might not speak for hours... but when he says something, he means it".

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Kathy Griffin.

That's it, that's what comes out of me. If the conversation is normal, it soon won't be.
If it's with a close friend, I'm far more serious, intellectual and emotional.
The conversations are often about philosophy, religion, music, feelings, politics. Deep stuff, complex stuff.

But otherwise, when I talk to people who I'm not very close with, I'm exactly like Kathy Griffin.
For better or for worse!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
With those I'm close with, I talk a lot and laugh a lot. I'm relaxed and quite content. I talk to that person only and forget every thing else exists for that moment we talk. We make eye contact with each other and interrupt each other quite frequently.

With acquaintances that decide to engage in conversation with me, I am stiff and cautionary. I feel uneasy and play around with my fingers or look at my fingernails, trying to avoid eye contact. My mind races as I try to find something interesting to say to them. I ask a few questions, nod, say "mhm", "oh", "okay" and give a gentle, nervous giggle or laugh.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
I think I come across a fair amount like Lily Allen:

That's when I'm being a charming goof. I have my Serious Side too, of course, but it doesn't surface as often.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne... what about you? Oh cool! Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne... you? Hmmmm. well.. Ne Ne... Te Te... Si/SiSisisiSIiiiii:confused:... [shuts up]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts