Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna see if us INTPs act the same when we like someone.

I probably give off mixed signals.

I usually try to look at the person as much as I can and look away if caught , making eye contact is the thing I do most lol .

I over-analyse the person too everything they do or say to me (that could just be a girl thing) and how they act around me.

I might try to initiate conversation, if its a introverted type as they won't always talk to you unless they're spoken to first, then I end up doing all the initiating and stop because I think I might be annoying them. When I'm not. Usually I end up getting shy I'd want to talk to them but I can't think of anything to say. I'd have thought of a conversation to have with them but then my shyness kicks in and it doesn't happen When I do talk I end up asking them questions to try and avoid awkward silences and smile occasionally. With extroverted types I don't usually hold long interest in them for some reason, I have liked one though .

I might try and join in conversations if hes talking to one of my friends.

I try to stand near them or be around them and can become quiet.

Other times I just avoid being near the person and talking to them, sometimes even looking because I don't want to make it obvious I'm into the person.

Its so much harder when you like another introverted type . Extroverted types usually make the first move.
For some reason the longer and more I like them. The shyer I am around them and the harder it is to talk to them then . I constantly think of them.

What about you , what are you like when you have a crush on someone? Do you act anything like the way I act?

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Letting it build up in your head too much before you talk to them is the worst thing possible, because then you're likely to become a giggly clod in their presence. Rather humiliating. I try to avoid that. When I realize I kinda like someone, I just find any excuse to talk to them and familiarize myself with them. It gives you the chance to feel them out and see if you actually like them before you give them deity status in your mind.

Or you could just stalk them online and "get to know them from a distance" - jk. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I stay as far away from them as possible, and imagine what it would be like to be with them in my head until I realize I have no real chance at it happening at all if any.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've only ever had two crushes before in my life.

The first one, I tried to "kill the crush"... for about four years... it wouldn't die, and I'd always avoid him no matter what. I really didn't like him, and found no reason why I had a crush on him. Eventually, I gave up because I couldn't just "kill the feeling", so I just blurted it out, asked him if he'd like to go out with me. I noticed the moment he smiled and said yes, THAT'S when the crush finally died. Pfff.

The second time, I knew better than to avoid and try to kill the feeling because of what happened last time, so I tried to get it over with as soon as possible and just tell them when I was satisfied enough that she'd reject me. When she didn't reject me, I tried to sabotague the relationship! Lol, I'm glad that didn't work!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm I've actually tried to so the kill the crush thing it hasn't worked even though I haven't seen this person in about 3 yrs lol.

Reactions: Sleeve Of Wizard

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why can't you make it work? I have done it countless times and it only takes about two months or so. Although my mind is so perversely obsessed with realism that even my fantasies involve thought games such as, "she must have weaknesses too, I wonder if she would force me to obnoxious events or to socialize..." and POOF! The crush is gone.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I stay as far away from them as possible, and imagine what it would be like to be with them in my head until I realize I have no real chance at it happening at all if any.
This ^^

Never wanted to kill a crush though. In fact, I'm so fed up with being alone I've promised myself to take action the next time I have a crush...

I should quit making promises I cannot keep :crazy:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Why can't you make it work? I have done it countless times and it only takes about two months or so. Although my mind is so perversely obsessed with realism that even my fantasies involve thought games such as, "she must have weaknesses too, I wonder if she would force me to obnoxious events or to socialize..." and POOF! The crush is gone.
It just didn't work for me. I mean, I thought those things about my crush, too. Still didn't work. In fact, I got to the point where I hated him, really hated him, but I still had that stupid crush for some reason. It really made absolutely no sense to me at all.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Freak out, fall apart, dive into my work, take over coworkers' work too... anything but having to deal with the thought that I might like that someone.

But in front of the person, I try to appear casual to the point of cold.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Ugh...let's see...

Usually I stay as far away from the person as possible. I stare at them a lot. It's kind of creepy lol. But I don't try to make eye contact because then I get this weird falling feeling and I start to freak out. I'm unusually casual and calm when I talk to them, though. It's just inside my head that I'm freaking out and worshipping them on a pedestal. I get really creepy stalker-ish. But that's only if I know they show no reciprocal interest. If they do, it's worse. I was crushing on my bf a few months before he asked me out, and I got really super avoidant because I knew he liked me back, so I stayed away from him and wouldn't talk to him. And I wouldn't let him touch me either (like hugs and stuff). And then when he did ask me out and I said yes, I tried to sabotage the relationship. It worked...the first time...

·
Banned
201 Posts
I become seriously illogical, and my way of thinking changes. Biochemical reactions are strong. I become totally different. Love is like a drug, oxytocin for the attachment, massive dopamine secretion for the pleasure (sex or not.) seratonin for the thought of him/her. I seem to think ok when i feel um what...love, infatuation, etc...dosed on brain chemicals
and i seem to be satisfied for how it feels
when the feeling ends (usually i try and destroy it, or it could get destroyed)
massive seratonin imbalance (dopamine decrease)
for mad long
and then i go back to normal and tell myself wtf was i thinking

and thats how im like when that happens. guess it kills me a lil on the inside hahaha, and this is why i try and avoid those things, force my thinking to be dominant.

·
Registered
791 Posts
In addition to all the posts above, I kind of go crazy.

I can't stop thinking about them and imagine all the possible scenarios that our potential relationship would induce. And then I catch myself going crazy and yep, try to "kill the crush." This part hasn't worked too well so far.

I also try to be as far away from them as possible (I'm more into extraverted guys, so this may be more difficult than it could be). I totally act casual around them and yep, (sadly) appear cold and distant. There's this one guy right now who I have no idea if he's interested in me or is just nice and intimate like that to a handful of girls... I would like to think the former.

In conclusion, crushes suck. They suck even more when you're not sure if that crush likes you back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow... I just read this topic and seems like quite a bit of a pattern developing here, what with all the crush killing :|
I'm not an INTP but an ENTP and I can't say I've ever even thought about "killing" a crush if I became aware of it, at least not in the way you guys describe it here. Ha.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I generally try and spend as much time with them as possible but in a social situation with others rather than one on one. I've been told I tend to look at them with a small smile and that its really obvious if I like someone.:unsure:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I over think everything i do, hell i cant even pass a test on a paper, but if the teacher ask a abstract question i can give them the most reasonable abstract answer. And, when it comes to dating its far more worst, at first i think, "I can make this girl do so many things for me, help me get wealthy and who knows she may be naughty unlike my ex, im going to do this"

I start plotting and making predictions in my head what i am going to do, and the sad thing about it is the minute i like the girl the minute it all goes to fail. I give myself a week. Im tired of woman and their games already, im just getting tired of people period.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I don't want to say, because I am afraid the person(s) I may or may not have a crush on will somehow find out. :unsure:
Ha! I knew it!! :crazy:

Seriously though... I am really good friends with the girl who was my first crush now. Yet I still can't bring myself to tell her that I had a crush on her back in 7th grade. :confused:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another question Do you seem more attracted to the introverts or extroverts?

I find when liking other introverts you have to make the first move . I can easily talk to the person I like when they are by themselves otherwise I can't

·
Registered
650 Posts
For crushes, it has been 50/50, but for the most part, I tend to be friends with introverts more often than extroverts.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts