Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that INTPs turn into ENTPs after a few drinks? I think I do.

I also turn into a bit of a troublemaker. My mischievous side comes out and I find myself dropping conversational bombs and winding people up just to see what will happen. I'm always embarrassed about it the day after.

What about the rest of you?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I slowly become more extroverted and friendly. While slowly losing the ability to express any deeper thoughts. At one point, if I drink enough, I just become insane. I usually lose some memory even if I drink very little, sometimes even less than it takes me to actually feel any intoxication.

It's tons of fun to just talk with masses of strangers. Kinda confusing to be sober next time when tons of people who I don't know greet me like a friend or talk about stuff I don't remember. Oh well.

Reactions: nothingnew

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The answer to this question varies greatly for me. It all depends on who is around me, where I am, my mood, and what I am drinking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is an extremely interesting question because just recently I was exposed to large quantities of alcohol for a period of a week being constantly drunk and I actually noticed how extraverted it made me.
I laugh more, I have more fun, I'm more open to people (to people I usually wouldn't be) and sometimes I get the courageous kind of self estreem that makes me think about doing something stupid.
I can honestly say that alcohol doesn't help raise my interest in women tho...

I can say honestly alcohol is my cure for the I in INTP

Cheers!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The answer to this question varies greatly for me. It all depends on who is around me, where I am, my mood, and what I am drinking.
This.

I do, however, have a tendency to yell out the passenger window at random people. And enough alcohol kills all of my tact. And I will vocalize my want of "bitches".

Reactions: Tranceman80

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm definitely a happy drunk. I become much more conversational and friendly. My humorous side comes pouring out. I hook up with and get phone numbers from women. Last Friday I was on a boat cruise and was dancing very seductively with this hot girl. Needless to say, the drunk version of me is a completely different version than the sober person.

When I first started drinking in high school, instead of saying, "let's get drunk", I'd say, "let's get happy". For me, it's a good escape from myself introverted self and I get to show another side. However, it's like in Cinderella where after I sober up, I'm back to myself. Any friends I made or women whose numbers I snagged will find a very different person when I'm sober. Thankfully, I like my sober self and haven't become an alcoholic, although I'm much more successful socially when I'm drinking (more so than the average person).

Another interesting thing is that I have no desire to drink alone...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
It depends on quite a few internal and external factors. Usually alcohol seems to amplify the state I am in, in addition to making me more extroverted.
So if I am in a good mood it is futher enhanced but if I am already in an irritated state that only gets worse.

Every now and then I am in a very particular mood in which I feel that the alcohol feels as if it is magnifying my mental abilities, but that is an extremely rarely occurring pheonomenon.

I also observe that after the effects wear out I tend to get extremely sleepy and especially low on energy though I never doze off.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I do for sure. I'm so much more at ease around people, I can start and hold conversations alot easier and I just become alot more expressive. Quite liberating really. I do get into trouble quite alot when I'm drunk and I tend to test people which gets them angry and me very amused thinking 'relax and get over yourself' Yeah I can be pretty annoying in that state.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It definitely depends on who I'm with and how much/what I've been drinking.

If I'm with people I trust and respect, am drunk enough to slur my words, and have pent up issues; I tend to get extremely emotional (usually to the point of making the other person feel uncomfortable - it's really quite embarrassing). But this doesn't happen often, as I've been gaining better control over my emotions.

But in most situations I get more friendly and engaging. And more horny for that matter lol.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can't drink by myself without either getting pissed about something in years past, or listening to sad songs on repeat (popular choices include The Boss' "The River", the overlong but crucial "November Rain," any of the heavier Joy Division songs, etc.).

I like drinking more around people, if only to observe them. Since I've been drinking since I was 14, alcohol is old hat to me. Watching how fucked up people get is always fun though (but not so much fun when your friends who aren't as open with their problems tend to get upperfucked and then pour spill their hearts out to you). Drinking with friends is about the only time I drive, too (when I'm the sober[est] one).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes, emotional outbursts notwithstanding, drinking is very enjoyable and the observing part is equally so!

·
Registered
49 Posts
In response to others saying they rarely drink alone, I NEVER drink alone, I see no point to it, just seems very alcoholic and depressing to be drinking alone.
Might as well use the extraversion on other, right?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very rare for me nowadays, but I know that I'm unusual, as I've asked this question previously. I go very very very introverted. I hate the fact I seem to start to lose control of my brain pattern, although I do remember getting very drunk after a night out and getting trippy on the bus ride home.:crazy:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I turn into an ENTP whenever I become extroverted, so yes, I definitely do when I'm drunk.
:proud:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm actually not even a fan of alcohol in general. The taste is hard to get past, unless I dilute it enough (for which I am usually chided; my mixed drinks are like 1/9th alcohol, 8/9ths juice or whathaveyou), and the decrease in mental faculties is kinda antithetical to the INTP ideal (don't know how to phrase that, but ya'll know what I mean).

It is a great social lubricant however, and when you get a whole bunch of drunk NTs together, hilarity/pedantry ensues.

Reactions: Nitou
1 - 20 of 35 Posts