Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never really thought about this before.

When I'm love, I go crazy about the person and am probably a little overbearing too, like 'too much too fast'. This is a classic INTP thing.

What about other types?

And I'm interested to see if there's a difference between guys' and girls' viewpoints on this.

I want to know how you 'react' to being in love. How does it change you?

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
That depends on the person I'm in love with. I always feel like I'm going to break, faint or throw up when I'm in love (at least in the first phase of limerence), I feel things very physically, but I don't always show it. I want to look calm and collected, not hysteric. I think I oscillate between being clingy and anxious and being very zenlike and almost nonchalant.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'll absolutely constantly be fantasizing about them and playing out little moments in my head with them. I'll be extremely warm in my communication with them and almost everything makes me feel like saying these little things that lets them know I care a lot about them or they're special to me. I can't help that. My feelings are really intense then, but I try to hold myself back just so I don't overwhelm them. Like you said 'too much too fast', I'm like that too. Imagine finding someone exactly the same way...lol

I always enjoy 'being in love' or having someone I feel like I could fall in love with or I am falling in love with, or whatever

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I praise my lover like a small child with a new toy that everyone needs to know about, and I have issues not thinking about them usually/wanting to figure things out that we can do together.

:happy:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I tend to really idealize the person at first, and just feel really giddy and high. I'll find every little thing about the person exciting, and think he's the most wonderful, hilarious, attractive etc. person I've ever met. Then, the doubts set in. Do I actually have a chance with this person if he's so wonderful? Does he know how I feel? Is he cool with that? Did what I said to him last time we saw each other sound incredibly corny? Am I coming on way too strong? I must be. Maybe I should tone it down a little...or completely. I'll still get excited about him, but as time goes on, I'll become increasingly doubtful of my chances of actually getting together with him. I start seeing every other woman as competition and try desperately not to show it, because if anything is a total turnoff to most people, it's jealousy. I become increasingly unsure about how to act around the person, even though I'll still crave even the smallest interaction with him. I usually end up trying to act like I just want to be friends or giving him the cold shoulder.

·
Charge'n Thru The Night
14,829 Posts
giddy, might idealize . really happy to see that person, like there is this sense of pure joy radiating from my body.

I am ususally like this when im not in love, so being in love just exaggerates it by a little bit more xD.

·
Retired Administrator
18,085 Posts
I become very yielding, fantasize a lot, I want to support them in whatever they are doing.

It's weird because I feel really clingy and needy, so I react to that by attempting to be less, but some men seem to want me to show that vulnerable side more. I do silly things like cook special foods for them or I worship their body. I have more motivation to improve my life and feel more creative.

I am afraid of falling in love because it puts me in an incredibly vulnerable position. One of the worst aspects is that I don't fall out of love easily, though I have and it also scares me.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,008 Posts
I've never really thought about this before.

When I'm love, I go crazy about the person and am probably a little overbearing too, like 'too much too fast'. This is a classic INTP thing.

What about other types?

And I'm interested to see if there's a difference between guys' and girls' viewpoints on this.

I want to know how you 'react' to being in love. How does it change you?

Thanks!
I tend to be obsessive, overbearing, clingy, and like you said, "too much too fast".

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
I might look at you and sit by you until you tell me it's time to go home.

Reactions: WickerDeer

·
Electronica Wizard
ISFP
6,709 Posts
We all heard the story, you can cry but it won't solve anything. It's tough dating world and since feminism is controlling the dating world at the moment, they are to blame for everything.
Nah, I rarely cry about dating more than the sudden flow of tears listening to Tupac's song about his mother. Dating is tough nowadays. I agree.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts