Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sensitive when it comes to having to do a million things at once, or if an environment is crazy (not a concert where the focus is on one spot but like a club where everything is everywhere).

I'm just all over the place and out of sorts, and I pout and fuss. I'm not easily offended and I'm not sensitive to being overloaded with info or anything. I think all types have differences with what they're sensitive with ... And we all respond differently.

So what are you like when you're overwhelmed?

Do you think the way we react has more to do with enneagram or mbti (one more than other or just a nuanced mix)?

You're totally welcome to include videos or memes to illustrate for fun :tongue:

·
Registered
809 Posts
When I'm overwhelmed, my patience with people shortens. I don't feel like chatting really at all, but I'll do a little if it's necessary. You'll if know I'm way stressed if I just leave (like a large group of people/party). My brain needs space to process after a long while being overwhelmed.

Same thing if it's a task I'm overwhelmed with, eventually I'll need to stop if it doesn't get better.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When I'm overwhelmed in a place with a crowd of craziness around I'll be like absent in mind, I won't listen if someone talks to me although I'll luckily answer, and if possible I'll try to leave as soon as I can. Also it often happens to me that I feel overwhelmed when I've overthought too much and if I stay home it'll only get worse. My solution for moments of overwhelming is having a silent walk alone somewhere where the calmness of nature is present. And looking at the vast sky (no matter the weather) lets me feel like I'm releasing what made me feel overwhelmed.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,576 Posts

If I have a lot to do or want to do, I start feeling pulled in different directions and it's really unsettling. Tense, knots in my stomach. Hard time focusing. Probably reactive. Sometimes things just go to fast and I want them to SLOW the hell down so I can zone out and ponder at my own pace.

If an environment is super crowded sometimes I just kind feel like I'm not in my body any more. There's a feeling of everything around me not being real but having this dream-like quality to it. Sometimes I'll feel connected to the crowd around me in a good way though. Other times I freeze up in these situations and feel like I don't know how to move any more. It's really annoying. It's why I prefer to go to the grocery store when there's not many people there.

I also get easily overwhelmed by emotions - others' or my own. Sometimes feels like I'm drowning in them. Sometimes I just kind feel numb to them though. Don't think it's something I consciously do. I just have different modes that I enter.

Do you think the way we react has more to do with enneagram or mbti (one more than other or just a nuanced mix)?
I think all of what I mentioned probably has more to do with being HSP but enneagram and mbti definitely come into play as well.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
overeating
over procrastinating
obsessively doing things that are the least important (watching films and reading)
avoiding replying emails and texts

·
Registered
587 Posts
When I'm overwhelmed I lose empathy and become less aware of those around me, I will mull over problems obsessively in my head and probably do a few nervous twitches that comfort me. (Adjusting glasses, fixing hair) I'll also lose patience and just ask for things I need in a blunt and rude manner

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Fucking laconic.

If something has to be done I sink into it and do my best to exclude all else from focus. Otherwise I sulk :dry: while I try to handle myself. :frustrating:

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I over react about anything and everything. I can cry for nothing, get angry about anything. I act very defensive all the time and my patient is 0%, everything irritates me and I even get annoyed by myself. I am a volcano about to erupt.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
Inside and out...

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I have a tendency to say / do stuff that i wouldn't otherwise.
-Ob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts