Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard time knowing when people are getting annoyed with me or if I'm being annoying/pushy. With INFPs, they don't seem to show it or wanna show it until you've gone too far.

I feel like I'm being annoying all the time and it makes me feel bad. I don't think INFPs would tell me because they're too nice to.

What are the signs that you're getting on an INFP's nerves?

Thank you!
PS. I love you guys.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I love you too!!

I don't get upset very easily, but on the rare occasions that I do and DON'T want to show it (I usually want the person to know! ha!) then I usually just keep a smile on my face and tell them that it's okay, it's okay, not a problem, don't worry about it.

I use a lot of affirmation.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Calvaire, but you guys often turn your head and think! OMG DOES IT MEAN I ANNOY YOU ALL THE TIME?
*ENFJ freaking out*

How do we get an INFP to TELL us if we're being annoying/pushy. Because asking WOULD be annoying and pushy. Haha, dilemmas...

What do you mean by silent treatment? Ignoring us for days?

You guys are making me worry even more than I used to LOL!

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Calvaire, but you guys often turn your head and think! OMG DOES IT MEAN I ANNOY YOU ALL THE TIME?
*ENFJ freaking out*

How do we get an INFP to TELL us if we're being annoying/pushy. Because asking WOULD be annoying and pushy. Haha, dilemmas...

What do you mean by silent treatment? Ignoring us for days?

You guys are making me worry even more than I used to LOL!
hahaha :tongue:

Well honestly I have a brink like if you're really annoying me to the point I can not take it anymore
I might just one day explode on you,over maybe something someone sees as small but for me it will be all this built up anger.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know my best friend INFP is rarely annoyed with me, or she tells me something's wrong (we talked about this issue), but I don't think everytime she's quiet it means she's upset at me. Or does it?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Yes, silence means we're soooo upset! Count how many people didn't reply to your topic. Guess why?!? Yeah!
No freaking "I love you"'s gonna help... soften anyone up... ... :3
*hugs*

Usually I keep my responses to a minimum, but in a more unwilling to respond way. If I'm just surfing the oceans of my mind I'll appear distant in a spaced out way. Like... ~.~

Reactions: justjay

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have a hard time knowing when people are getting annoyed with me or if I'm being annoying/pushy. With INFPs, they don't seem to show it or wanna show it until you've gone too far.

I feel like I'm being annoying all the time and it makes me feel bad. I don't think INFPs would tell me because they're too nice to.

What are the signs that you're getting on an INFP's nerves?

Thank you!
PS. I love you guys.
I stare at the sky, and at times, I will laugh in an sardonic way towards him/her. But if I really want no tot have problems or I need to act like I was someone else, I say "yeah, you're right". That's what I do with my parents and everyone, but classmates and people who can't shut me down because they're hierarcally my superiors.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shorttail, that was mean :/ Not trying to soften anyone up, I do love INFPs. I have no one to convince here...

Thanks for the answers everyone! I'm reassured (kinda lol, never gonna stop worrying!) : )

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Shorttail, that was mean :/ Not trying to soften anyone up, I do love INFPs. I have no one to convince here...
You're just fun to tease. :3

Reactions: Oleas

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Well, I get quiet around that person. And not look at them in the eye... When I don't look at you in the eye, back up and let me be!! :crazy:

Best thing to do is just leave us alone for a while. We'll come back to you on our own when our emo episode is over... The worst thing you could do to an upset INFP is bothering them OVER AND OVER again and asking them why they look upset. They will snap at you... Trust me. :unsure:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Duly noted, ForsakenMe. It's what I usually do with my best friend. I don't wanna be too pushy. But sometimes, when her annoyance isn't clear enough, I'm not really able to tell and then I don't distance myself from her and end up feeling like a clingy/stalkerish friend. I'll follow your advice!

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I'm annoyed i generally just disengage from that particular person... I'll still converse if i have to, but i don't focus any attention in their direction, because in reality i'm trying to block out the bad vibes and get bright inside again.
Be flattered though, if you have no idea if they're upset or not.. that means they care about you enough not to burden you with their low tolerance for whatever it is you're doing. Lots of times i speak my mind about the things bugging me, but only to people i care about if it's some non-trivial thing that i think will get worse if left unsaid.
I think that bringing it up with them if it's bothering you wouldn't be taken as pushy though. If a friend came to me about such a thing i can't imagine anything negative coming from it, generally best to keep the air clear about things that matter. (and i guess get all weird and quiet about things that don't matter? doesn't make a whole lot of sense, writing it down... anyway) For real though, if it's bugging you enough to come here about it then you should just talk to them about it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I stop moving. My breath becomes very deep, slow, and quiet. Sometimes I will close my eyes. I have to be really upset to go that far, though. I usually brush off minor annoyances. If I don't particularly love you, I will just leave - physically if I can. If I love you, I will become very quiet, wait for you to finish, wait for a few quiet moments, then change the subject.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
it depends...sometimes i give silent treatment because i just need my own space, nothing malicious or anything. but yeah, i often do it when i get really angry or upset, like not pick up phone calls or reply to emails etc...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts