Personality Cafe banner

12081 - 12100 of 12115 Posts

·
Registered
5,550 Posts

I love how this producer makes her sound human. Makes me actually want to try even though I've zero knowledge of how to use this software.
@HAL whaddya make of this vid ? ^

·
Registered
4,905 Posts

I love how this producer makes her sound human. Makes me actually want to try even though I've zero knowledge of how to use this software.
@HAL whaddya make of this vid ? ^
You mean in terms of all the 3D graphics etc?

Impressive. I'm still at the larval stage of my 3D development. Hell I don't even know how to make even mildly complex scenes render without my frame rate dropping to a snail's pace.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
You mean in terms of all the 3D graphics etc?

Impressive. I'm still at the larval stage of my 3D development. Hell I don't even know how to make even mildly complex scenes render without my frame rate dropping to a snail's pace.
Was talking more about the lyrics/concept. Apologies if this type of music is counter-cuppa.

Does it seem like a JP song making fun of Chinese culture? Or does it come across as a harmless fusion piece lampshading consumerist culture?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Was talking more about the lyrics/concept. Apologies if this type of music is counter-cuppa.

Does it seem like a JP song making fun of Chinese culture? Or does it come across as a harmless fusion piece lampshading consumerist culture?
Oh, ha, I thought your mention of 'this software' was in reference to my recent foray into 3D games/architecture development.

Regarding the song itself, I didn't feel much reference to Chinese culture there, in fact it just seemed like a standard Japanese song to me! (I know nothing about Japanese culture though so I don't really have any place to judge).

The term 'mai mai mai 买买买 ' is exactly the same as would be said in China, but for basic words like that I think there's a lot of linguistic crossover anyway.

At the 0:35 mark when it says 我喜欢购物, that was definitely a Chinese sentence (unless again it's the same as how Japanese people say it?)

Either way, I don't think I know enough about Japan to even recognise if it was mocking China or not. If I were forced to make a judgement, I'd go with your latter option - it's just harmlessly picking at consumer culture. It's really a wild guess though.

12081 - 12100 of 12115 Posts