Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or plan to read soon? :happy:

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hmm...right now, I have recently completed Napolean Hill's Think and Grow Rich and have just picked up Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool.. I am reading the 'introvert advantage' :laughing: and 'To kill a mocking bird'
Hv ordered a book about small creativ business strategies, will be there soon in a few days :proud:

Reactions: Aelthwyn

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just completed Little Face by Sophie Hannah and now 1/4 through Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, starting on Merlin and The Alchemist's Secret. Haha, I have a bad habit of reading three/two books at one go.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Right now, This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just completed Little Face by Sophie Hannah and now 1/4 through Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, starting on Merlin and The Alchemist's Secret. Haha, I have a bad habit of reading three/two books at one go.
believe it or not, I too read two books at one time
Somehow breaks the monotony and feels good to be travelling in two worlds!:tongue:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
who else reads many books at once?

how many books do you read at a time?
2 or 3
or
Do you like to complete one book at a time?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Today I started the graphic novel Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad I thought to check out the sequel from the library so now I won't have to wait :happy:.

Reactions: DevislAnegel54

·
Registered
616 Posts
Anna Karenina, by Leo Tolstoy

I only read one novel at a time, but I usually have about ten non-fiction books in rotation.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
history, history...

-something about the War of 1812, focusing on a more social view, particularly looking at boarder conflicts, conflicting loyalties, immigrants, natives, etc.

-a history of europe during and a few hundred years previous to 1000 CE, with an annoying and largely uninteresting focus on religious millenarianism that keeps popping up in between the interesting bits.

-something about Caesar, only started it a little.

-a book about the Oka rebellion, a Mohawk rebellion in canada in the '90's i believe. not far in this either.

-a large book giving a general overview of explorers through history/societies.

... and a bunch of half-started or almost-done books which are put to the side for now that i'll get back to... like one about the conquest of ancient Mexico by Cortes, a book on the black plague (almost done, probably wont finish, the author started saying things i suspect are dubious), some book of poetry (omg, not history???)... and a bunch of other things that i might get back into at one point or another.

·
Registered
616 Posts
history, history...

-something about the War of 1812, focusing on a more social view, particularly looking at boarder conflicts, conflicting loyalties, immigrants, natives, etc.

-a history of europe during and a few hundred years previous to 1000 CE, with an annoying and largely uninteresting focus on religious millenarianism that keeps popping up in between the interesting bits.

-something about Caesar, only started it a little.

-a book about the Oka rebellion, a Mohawk rebellion in canada in the '90's i believe. not far in this either.

-a large book giving a general overview of explorers through history/societies.

... and a bunch of half-started or almost-done books which are put to the side for now that i'll get back to... like one about the conquest of ancient Mexico by Cortes, a book on the black plague (almost done, probably wont finish, the author started saying things i suspect are dubious), some book of poetry (omg, not history???)... and a bunch of other things that i might get back into at one point or another.
Your post reminds me of what happens every time I go to the library. I get fifteen books and only finish one, but man, is it a blast picking them out.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Your post reminds me of what happens every time I go to the library. I get fifteen books and only finish one, but man, is it a blast picking them out.
Haha I went to the library today and was practically buzzing from the sheer possibilities...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Currently reading Empress Orchid ~ Going to read The Last Empress after that. Planning on reading Mark Twain's autobiography if I can hunt it down. >:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
In Defense of Lost Causes by Slavoj Zizek.

I read about a page and kind of stopped...

Reactions: Somniorum

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
"Neural substrates of attentive listening assessed with a novel auditory Stroop task."

Hard to get anything meaningful when it's full of technical words I don't understand.

I'm not reading anything for leisure at the moment.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Non-fiction: Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely (audiobook I'm listening to on the way to work)

Fiction: Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan (I read 400 pages the first week it was released and haven't had time to read the 2nd half since)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Today I started the graphic novel Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. I'm really enjoying it and I'm glad I thought to check out the sequel from the library so now I won't have to wait :happy:.
I love Marjane Satrapi and all her work! You should read Chicken with Plums, I'm sure you'll love it!

Reactions: inwe
1 - 20 of 126 Posts