Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realize that ISTPs like to spend a lot of alone time (some more than others), but nonetheless you need your space. My question is: what kinds of things are you thinking about when you spend all that time alone? What is going on in your head?

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
How much I want to impale my professors.

Well that's my current thought process. But usually I'm searching for solutions to everything. If I have no problems to solve, I usually start becoming creative, searching for new project ideas, fantasizing about having sex on the moon, etc. Usually things that are awesome.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
currently, how on earth to undo the damage i did the first year by ignoring a chick i had a crush on and she seemed interested, now she aint. Would rather not think about it, but cant help it.

Any other day, various tidbits of information and how it fits together. Mostly used to be game related stuff and how to perfect some strategy, how to approach matters differently or how to improve my character etc. Otherwise, my minds blank since i let the subconscious do the thinking since the conscious one takes time to verbalize em.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Could be anything, from the trivial (trying to remember the location of the nearest KFC) to the big (my university assignments, for instance).

Usually something will just get stuck in my head and I'll want to figure it out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think about life past,present and future and what I can do to make the future better...amongst a whole bunch of other things. Like why you'd be stupid enough to have a loud chat about all the stuff you've stolen and never got caught for whilst on a bus.Have heard this twice recently..you never know whos listening :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots of things, and usually multiple things at once ranging from how to do a school assignment, to sex or to making a new episode of my imaginary TV show, that will most likely never be created, currently on the 4th season.

·
Registered
889 Posts
"I was in my room and I was just, like, staring at the wall thinking about everything but, then again I was thinking about nothing."

I could be thinking about the last news story I read, some car work I have to do, how cute the cat looks, how much I'd love for my wife to make me some cookies, and so on. Pretty much anything that happens to be available to think about.

·
Registered
250 Posts
fantasizing about having sex on the moon, etc. Usually things that are awesome.
Damn, that does sound awesome. Now all I need is 50 million bucks and a sexy astronaut.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Anything under the sun. Lots of daydreaming...I hardly notice anymore. My mind goes a hundred miles an hour, and it's like a never-ending stream of background noise. The only time it's quiet is when I'm asleep, and then it's only when I'm in a deep dreamless sleep. I tell my mind to shut up all the time. But then my mind just tells me to piss off, and does whatever it wants.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Anything involving skiing, snoboarding, surfing, cars, motorcycles, what I want to eat, planes, music, ect. Usualy involves the Internet to look up random info. Sometimes makes it hard to focus or get to sleep. Even when I'm skiing I can't completely quite my mind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anything under the sun. Lots of daydreaming...I hardly notice anymore. My mind goes a hundred miles an hour, and it's like a never-ending stream of background noise. The only time it's quiet is when I'm asleep, and then it's only when I'm in a deep dreamless sleep. I tell my mind to shut up all the time. But then my mind just tells me to piss off, and does whatever it wants.
No way me too, if i dont want my mind to be thinking about something i have to develop a method of doing that, until my mind overcomes it, then i have to come up with a new one.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
yeah, my brain needs to stfu sometimes. The other day this guy was telling me some story; 2 sentences into the story, I recognized an inconsistency in the timeline and became so focussed on the timeline that I ended up not paying attention to the rest of his story and gave him a blank stare and an "uh huh" at the end. Its not my fault, its my brain's.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^^I think maybe that's why we don't like lots of outside noise (especially from people)...it's loud enough in our heads as it is!

Reactions: chiagirl27

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Exactly. It gets in the way during school too, because teachers usually say something interesting in the beginning, and I just start thinking about that and ignore the rest of the useless crap they have to say about math and whatnot.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Or when teachers explain things three different ways...I completely blank out, because I got it the first time. I hate needless repetition.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
How good this Dr. Pepper tastes, Texas is too windy, I'm cold, too lazy to get up and put socks on, what I'm currently doing, all the things I should be working on instead, people in my life, my mixed feelings about those people, the overwhelming urge to start over somewhere new, I loooove pink, etc.

Reactions: madhatter

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^^And one thought flows into another that is slightly related to the next, and at the end, you're nowhere close to where you started. Sometimes, I try to retrace my "steps" so to speak, to see how far my thinking has taken me.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
^^And one thought flows into another that is slightly related to the next, and at the end, you're nowhere close to where you started. Sometimes, I try to retrace my "steps" so to speak, to see how far my thinking has taken me.
Exactly. It's like this never ending stream. I hate being asked what I'm thinking about (it's quite obvious I'm always thinking about something) because I'm just constantly moving forward based on my previous thought and the stimuli around me. So, the answer to "What are you thinking about now?" is usually met with "About how you just interrupted my train of thought." :tongue:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
My usual response to that question: "Nothing of importance". What my tone says is "Mind your own business." :crazy:

Reactions: Plaxico
1 - 20 of 32 Posts