Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paced myself as best I could today but still got over-stimulated.

So when my ENFP husband came home and began ticking off details for next week (I think it's next week): How many days he'll work; how many he'll have off; what he'll do; what he plans for us to do together; when he'll leave for some task in another city; how I'll have that time to myself...

I literally had to look down and away as always happens when I'm over-stimulated: Looking at someone, their expression mixed with my inner reaction, is too much.

I waited him out then said calmly, "I will not remember anything you just said, I'm exhausted, didn't get a break, all laundry and other tasks..."

He apologized, then while I was reading something online came over to my recliner, leaned over and a bit passed me while talking, to let me know he was putting Lens Wipes next to me.

There's more but I just want to say as I so rarely do: Being with an extravert, in particular an ENFP, is sometimes just too damn much thusness.

He's tired; I'm tired: Let's have quiet, shall we. (Rhetorical.)

He isn't too bouncy at his age especially for an ENFP, and he's a guy which really helps, but sometimes I wanna smack him with a rolled up newspaper as I never did to an actual puppy and say, "Sit, stay!" while I slowly back up, repeating it in a firm voice one more time, until I have backed up out the door and headed for the car and safety.

I almost censored myself--I type so damn fast--and wrote, "freedom."

Close enough in context as I would love one week paid, every Se stressing task done for me, away from here:

Binoculars, notebook (computer kind), notebook (paper kind), pillows, a bottle of Svedka (while I'm dreaming, dream big), sunshine, a light breeze, little in a suitcase, knowing he's enjoying the 'safety' too.

Grand idea(lism) at work, here.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
All the details he was giving me had to do with 'this' weekend, beginning today (he took the day off because he's got his church retreat (all day gig) tomorrow.

Smart man, because he took me out to get used jeans, and night shirts, and I got those plus found two pair of crop pants for a total of eight items of good quality clothing I needed--with the discounts--$24; one item would have cost at least that much (like the bell-bottom jeans).

\ (•◡•) /

1 - 2 of 2 Posts