Personality Cafe banner

83341 - 83360 of 83398 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It looks way more pleasing to my eyes. I think I'll post on this forum more often since I can now read things clearly instead of squinting at my laptop. 😂

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
You know what is real piracy?

A fucking corporation taking over a COMMUNITY built by people over a decade of contributions, destroying its entire identity, fucking us over in the process and making it so that it can't be upgraded back to what it took a community a fuck ton of love and devotion to build.

The WHOLE point of forums is communalism. Creation. Not alienation. Not commodification.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
It's a fucking copy pasted template. And they refused to take anything we said into consideration there as well. And we were paying customers on WF too. Literally paid for features that they just took away without any consideration for its userbase. We had a chatbox which got nuked. Our mafia section got nuked and everyone migrated to another site.

These people have been doing it to all the sites. Taking them over. Stripping them of their entire unique identity and just forcing everyone to take it.

They did this to WF and destroyed its entire userbase. They sent dozens of my friends scrambling to other sites and scattered the community entirely.

And now they're doing it to PerC.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The only thing I liked about this new PerC template design is the Dark Mode. But I hated everything else about this new template.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Thinking it might have been better if PerC took its new template from PianoStreet.
Then again it might be too boring for most users here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You know what is real piracy?

A fucking corporation taking over a COMMUNITY built by people over a decade of contributions, destroying its entire identity, fucking us over in the process and making it so that it can't be upgraded back to what it took a community a fuck ton of love and devotion to build.

The WHOLE point of forums is communalism. Creation. Not alienation. Not commodification.

MBTI site is death process...

·
Registered
I don't know what i'm doing
6,881 Posts
It's a fucking copy pasted template. And they refused to take anything we said into consideration there as well. And we were paying customers on WF too. Literally paid for features that they just took away without any consideration for its userbase. We had a chatbox which got nuked. Our mafia section got nuked and everyone migrated to another site.

These people have been doing it to all the sites. Taking them over. Stripping them of their entire unique identity and just forcing everyone to take it.

View attachment 865285

They did this to WF and destroyed its entire userbase. They sent dozens of my friends scrambling to other sites and scattered the community entirely.

And now they're doing it to PerC.
this is...unbelievable

·
INFP 5w6
4,720 Posts
I guess there is always the option of making something new, make it a non-profit org, commonly owned, find people who can do the work for free maintaining it etc. taking turns so it won't be to heavy a burden, have a voluntary donations button, and be transparent with costs and what is donated, so people can see that and when there is a need to give some for it not to die.
But even if finding people who are willing to put in a lot of work for that, it is still the 10 year+ of posts and people here that would go missing. I would much like something more democratic, but there is so much history here, an archive of thousands of people's thoughts for a decade, and I really value that too.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
I guess there is always the option of making something new, make it a non-profit org, commonly owned, find people who can do the work for free maintaining it etc. taking turns so it won't be to heavy a burden, have a voluntary donations button, and be transparent with costs and what is donated, so people can see that and when there is a need to give some for it not to die.
But even if finding people who are willing to put in a lot of work for that, it is still the 10 year+ of posts and people here that would go missing. I would much like something more democratic, but there is so much history here, an archive of thousands of people's thoughts for a decade, and I really value that too.
That's what PerC originally had been up until now. That's what community based forums have always been which is why each forum had its unique flavor.

·
INFP 5w6
4,720 Posts
That's what PerC originally had been up until now. That's what community based forums have always been which is why each forum had its unique flavor.
Not really, it has been owned by VerticalScope for quite some time, and before that I think by Happy? or some other between? Don't remember, but not a non-profit organization for sure. There wasn't a voluntary donation or transparency about budget, but instead ads, perhaps also some info-collection stuff? and if most people would use adblock, there would be no reason for the site to still exist for VS, they'd might be rid of it. I agree it has largely been made by the community though.

·
Registered
INTJ 6w5 sx/sp
109 Posts
Thank Frøya I managed to get my hands on that last bottle of hand sanitizer. Anyone could've touched those plastic bags at the groceries.

·
Registered
Knavish Equerry
1,197 Posts
Mental note: If I can't play, I can't think.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,651 Posts
I have a tag on my dating profile that says I don't drink. It seems like recovered/in recovery alcoholics like going for me lol.

83341 - 83360 of 83398 Posts