Personality Cafe banner

83361 - 83368 of 83368 Posts

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,642 Posts
I used to be depressed and anxious. For a few years after I became emotionally healthy, I used to often compare the old days to my present. I still kind of do -- I don't think about the days of depression as much as they become further into the past though. I still often grateful for how tranquil my emotions are now. I feel generally happy and peaceful. I get over letdowns faster and I'm all around more resilient than I used to be. It's nice to be like this.

·
Registered
NT
62 Posts
I used to be depressed and anxious. For a few years after I became emotionally healthy, I used to often compare the old days to my present. I still kind of do -- I don't think about the days of depression as much as they become further into the past though. I still often grateful for how tranquil my emotions are now. I feel generally happy and peaceful. I get over letdowns faster and I'm all around more resilient than I used to be. It's nice to be like this.
Did you pick up any compulsive behavior?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Thinking about how much I am avoiding feeling sad about the fact my cat is obviously dying. I’ve kept her going and mostly comfortable for nearly a year since she first became sick, but she is refusing to eat more often, and bad days are starting to outweigh the good ones. I am working into the mindset of preparing for her last days. Sucks.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,642 Posts
That's the only thing I haven't been able to shed, myself.
Oh, I thought you meant a compulsive behavior gained during depression. I do have a compulsive behavior I've had since I was around 5. I have never been able to get rid of it. I had a hypno session done once for it and I didn't pick for a few days for lack of urge. I've wondered if repeated hypno sessions wouldn't stop the behavior? Well, despite there being free hypnotherapy videos for my particular compulsion, I have not tried it again lol.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Hmm. I am not as generous as I thought I am.

It just dawned on me now. I've been wanting to purchase skin care products which is not cheap, considering I'm earning less than half of my usual salary lately. Instead of using the money to buy a less expensive option so I can share it with my brothers, I am geared to buying the more expensive variety and not share it with them because I have limited resources.

I'm glad I realized my mistake. DUH.

83361 - 83368 of 83368 Posts