Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Specifically, I'm waiting for June 5th, when I'll depart for my second summer in India!

Diffusely, I'm waiting to discover the path I want to take with my future. In all likelihood the path doesn't even exist, but hopefully in the process I'll discover a path that I can be content and satisfied with. To achieve a very small part of that end, I'm trying to delve into possible avenues of further study. I think I would enjoy and find a lot of fulfillment studying art history, so I'm in the process of learning more about Native American and Meso-American art and architecture. To either confirm or rule out a possible specialty. :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've looked back over some of the goals I had made over the last 18 months. It's astounding how much I've actually accomplished, I haven't gotten 100% on all of them, but I certainly got pretty damn close with most. I think there's something to be said for letting them be known to others both here and out in the world. A great confidence booster to be sure.

Now I'm looking forward to the next year and beyond. I've set a goal to become financially independent by the time my second contract with the military ends. As well as attain my bachelor's diploma. Hah, perhaps my ideas will come to fruition.

All that remains is to make it home and tie up loose ends. There are a few important people I need to have an honest talk with, and settle old debts. Then it's on to the next phase of my life.

"May you live in interesting times"- Ancient chinese curse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Short term: I'm waiting for more work to come in, I doubt the bosses love seeing me spend all my time on a forum but I have nothing else to do right now.

Long Term: I'm waiting to make a decision about what I want to do with my life.
Do I want to go back to school for an MBA and go into marketing? Probably not.
Do I want to go back and get a nursing degree? Sounds good but it would take a year for the prereqs alone.
Do I want to get a paralegal certificate and do basically what I do now for a little more money? Not really..
Do I want to go get a social work degree? Environmental engineering? Marine biology?
Should I start an organic farm? Sell my house and joing a buddhist commune?

All I know is I'm not making enough for a guy with a bachelor's in business, but all business jobs leave me feeling hollow, and I have bills to pay so it's hard to imagine how I would manage paying off a house while going back to school.

I wish I could jsut be content having a decent paying full-time gig that I don't dislike, but there has to be something bigger and better I could be doing!

Oh, and I'm also waiting to meet a girl who is single and compatible with me who is interested in a committed long-term relationship with a guy who can be aloof and emotionally fragile but also loving, committed, honest, responsible, and stubbornly optimistic. And I'm waiting to get it through my thick skull to stop thinking I am in love with every girl I meet before I really know them.

Also waiting for lunch time, my belly is rumbling.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Waiting... in physical terms, I'm waiting to move... whether it be back to America, or simply out of house and into college.

Beyond that, I'm supposed to be waiting for change (contradictory, I know), or inspiration, or motivation. I suppose I'm doing nothing for it besides logging into PerC; I really should be doing something right now.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Its funny you asked about this. I have long time feeling, that I am doomed right now, so I can basically say I am waiting for death.

I am waiting, waiting, waiting for something, all my life. I have no idea for what. For some clue? Salvation? Miracle? I have no idea. I just wait. I dont know anything else than waiting.

I think that when Death really find me, she will say something like: "Ehm, your bus-stop was on the other side of the road, sorry, we have to go now."

Reactions: refugee

·
Banned
263 Posts
I admire the positive spirit of the idea of this thread. We DO need that yes thank you!.

As for me, I'm done 'waiting'. I erased the 'waiting' notion from my mindset at all. I only 'do', I just 'do' and see where it takes me. No more looking too far for me, just enjoy the here and the now. It gives me inner peace.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I am waiting for August to move back to my home state. I am waiting for love.

I am also waiting for a definitive life purpose and a sense that I am on the right track and becoming involved in all the ways I wish... clearly something that I simply need to stop waiting for.

But, I feel like I cannot lift my life from its current stall until I figure this love I am in, until I see a certain other person again. For the absurdest reason, I feel like they have all the answers or will help me find all the answers.

I am wreck. Dx

·
Registered
344 Posts
Waiting for: I am waiting for goals to magically appear in my mind and give me some clear direction.

Doing: To that end, I am sitting around doing nothing, because we know there's nothing one can do to make goals magically appear. If I could make them appear, they wouldn't be magic, and therefore they wouldn't be as awesome.

Therefore: I always have an excuse for not really "doing" anything, because the magic ideas haven't come to me yet! Don't call me unmotivated - I'm just waiting for a very specific trigger to my motivation. ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts