Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strong desire to figure myself out, and the moments I feel most fulfilled are the moments when I spend time focusing on figuring out my values, attitudes and goals in life. Some of the values I have managed to identify are:
- Autonomy
- Meaningful relationships
- Loyalty
- Understanding (everything)
- Exploration

What are yours?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Same list
+
- Truthfulness
- Efficiency
- Common sense / rationality

Perhaps some more, but think that's a nice list so far.

·
Registered
INTP (I thimk) 5w
17,242 Posts
Understanding how the world works and communicating same to those who are interested. To those who are not interested? I haven't figured that out yet.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Same list but adding more to the list:
Competency
Creativity
Curiosity
Individualism

·
Registered
163 Posts
My Core Values
-Knowledge/Understanding
-Honesty
-Exploration/Discovery
-Independence
-Serenity
.....So yeah same list

·
Registered
596 Posts
my core values is that i don't know anything

Reactions: thirtyhertz

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
In no particular order: (okay, alphabetical order... whatever)
Autonomy
Critical thinking
Empathy
Freedom
Honesty
Humility
Loyalty

But really, I also do not know anything.

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is why I have a hard time around INFP's and a lot of Fi users. They want you to have this fixed identity about yourself, to exude it, and they want you to KNOW that that's YOU and that you identify as THAT and if you identify with nothing then you are nothing.

It's fucking annoying and judgmental. All I'm trying to do is understand the world and creating values for myself to live by come second to it. I may value something one day and something else the next. Identity is bullshit. I'm such a hipster.

·
Registered
406 Posts
In no particular order:

-Truth
-Understanding
-Freedom (both personal and financial mobility)
-Peace
-Balance

Reactions: Lonewaer

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
I don't really value values as such, I don't really see the point in that. I'm just trying to get through each day as they come.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I don't really value values as such, I don't really see the point in that. I'm just trying to get through each day as they come.
Trust me, I couldn't answer for hours (ten to be exact) at first because I had to sit and think hard about what I apply daily without thinking about it.

·
Banned
5,168 Posts
- Knowledge
- Wisdom
- Peace
- Mercy
- Crisp bacon

·
Registered
INTP (I thimk) 5w
17,242 Posts
Understanding how the world works and communicating same to those who are interested. To those who are not interested? I haven't figured that out yet.
So this thread is about core values. I want to add to mine: knowing what I am and what I am not. That doesn't have to be any more precise than is practical ... like a rule of thumb.

As to values in general I say it is impossible not to have any values. A value is what's important or at the very least a direction. If one's direction is just to be passive and let whatever happen, then that is a value. Value doesn't have to mean believing in some dogma that controls you where you don't have anything to say about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't really have values. I just have one thing I remind myself of:. Life is ultimately pointless. Live life like life is meaningless and you will have a fulfilling life.

In other words: Fuck the police.
I agree with you, and i feel that is the worst and the best thing about being an INTP. Knowing that life is ultimately pointless can benefit you in don't give a dang about others opinions and all the traditionally "have to do's" like having a house, good job etc. But what I also have experienced is that this attitude will get you really nowhere. Although the end result is the same whether you become the president or a beggar, you might as well create an illusion that brings more satisfaction into your life when you still are going to be placed on this earth for nearly a century. As long as you know that it is an illution.

Think of it as a movie, or a video game. Although you know it's fiction and ultimately pointless, you spend a lot of time living into the story. It's not like you refuse to watch a good movie that excites you because it aint real (for INTP's, i think watching movies about smart badasses playing mind games with authorities are a favorite).

So in order to create a "purpose" in my life, and a story I can live into, I trying to figure out values I want to live by. But its really, really hard when you don't have a strong emotional attachment to nothing.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I don't like to call them values because rigidity but well, let's call them my core foundations or something. Or nothing.

-Truth & seek of knowledge
-Freedom and independence
-Beauty
-Cats

And this

that said:
Life is ultimately pointless. Live life like life is meaningless and you will have a fulfilling life.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts