Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
I think it's actually black and white but my brain knows what colors they are supposed to be, or something.

Both. Lucid-- very often.

No narration. Like a movie and I love the ones that are totally like-- can someone get me popcorn and not wake me up please? This one's totally got me hooked!

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with
Yes. I'm grateful for these dreams. I learn a lot from my dreams. They don't forecast the future as often as they just help me sort things out or warn me-- mostly, funny enough, they help me avoid conflicts with loved ones.

No. Although I have experienced those few seconds of still feeling paralyzed--- what's the term for that?-- upon waking. And I often am trying to scramble up hills or away from stuff but can't.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )
I haven't experienced this at all--- this is interesting about your dreams, I think. I think if I'm swimming in the dream it feels like I'm swimming. If I'm smelling in the dream my brain makes me think I'm truly smelling it.

See above ^ on water. No on shoes unless the shoes were important (I believe I wore Dorothy's ruby slippers once) but I wonder what prompted this question-- sounds interesting! =).

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's actually black and white but my brain knows what colors they are supposed to be, or something.

No narration. Like a movie and I love the ones that are totally like-- can someone get me popcorn and not wake me up please? This one's totally got me hooked!

Yes. I'm grateful for these dreams. I learn a lot from my dreams. They don't forecast the future as often as they just help me sort things out or warn me-- mostly, funny enough, they help me avoid conflicts with loved ones.

No. Although I have experienced those few seconds of still feeling paralyzed--- what's the term for that?-- upon waking. And I often am trying to scramble up hills or away from stuff but can't.

I haven't experienced this at all--- this is interesting about your dreams, I think. I think if I'm swimming in the dream it feels like I'm swimming. If I'm smelling in the dream my brain makes me think I'm truly smelling it.

See above ^ on water. No on shoes unless the shoes were important (I believe I wore Dorothy's ruby slippers once) but I wonder what prompted this question-- sounds interesting! =).
Wow that's interesting that you dreamt in black and white- mine are everyday color like this- however I have had dreams where I play with creating colors and holograms ( like light pastel neon color or white neon forest - walking into a painting or computer screen .

I also lucid quite often- just I can't control my dreams exactly the way I want it, the moment I almost achieve that lol wake up
My dreams are both very visual And verbal-

My dreams varies - the most common is me being in my dreams exploring things , I narrate the entire time in my mind in these dreams and I verbalize a lot

Then I have these dreams where it's like a movie and I'm just an outsider watching

I've had dreams that were musicals and inanimate object talked to me

My favorite dreams are the ones where I walking into paintings /storybook/different realm because I often get to see color and images and feel textures that I've never experience reality - imagine walking into a
New world that's inspire by pastel paint and walking through walls of glittery and neon light etc

There are dreams where it's strictly verbal and lightly visual ( I'm conversing with somebody)

Oh ! I have these nightmares that I'm pregnant again ( I had a tubal ligation ) ironically my favorite thing to do waa dream while I was pregnant ( all day sickness sucks whereas I'm not sick in my dreams)

Sleep paralysis! When your mind is awake before your body ( I believe that's what it's called )

hmm perhaps it's just me then, I kept on having these dreams where I'll wake up on my own bed , get up only to realize i can't see my feet ( oh great this means I'm dreaming) I'll close my eyes - open them again ( I'm in my bed again ) I'll get out of bed- walk to the bathroom , turn on the faucet and realize my hand isn't wet or dripping water ( wake up again in another dream) this happens to me a lot , usually happens when I'm sleeping under the blanket- I usually wake up breathless ( I'm guessing lack of oxygen?)

I can feel and taste in my dreams - just certain feelings or taste are foreign or non existence - hence it'll give me a clue that I'm not awake- I usually know when I'm dreaming and just flow with where my dreams take me- if I don't like something I'll blink myself into a new place ( most of the time I'll wake up)
I can never see what shoes I'm wearing or feel my feet when dreaming ) I also can't pick up a book and read ( the text will blur or make no sense) . I swim in my dreams - it's when I touch my hair or splash water is when I notice I'm not wet or dripping water hence I must be dreaming- it's weird I can taste feel and smell in my dreams - however I can never feel water or see my exact image when looking into a mirror

I don't really believe that dreams can forecast the future however I'm curious to see if anyone does and if it's cognitive related :)

It was fun reading your answers !

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
It is the same colours as you would imagine in reality unless the dream is surreal enough to swap colours around.

Both really but the visuals are the most important device to tell me what is happening. I haven't lucid dreamt that recently. I used to do it every night as a child. I actually enjoyed going to bed because of it.

Not really either. My dreams don't feel like movies. For one it's all first person. I can't describe what they feel like because there's no equivalent in the tangible world. I don't have narration but I do have thoughts which fill in the blanks for me. For instance I might look at a pencil in my hand and think "Where did this come from?" then my mind will create a reason "Oh, yeah, I must have gotten it from the convention" it doesn't matter if the convention was ever in the dream or makes any sense it's just a new fact in the dream world.

The only thing which dreams can do is make you aware of your own subconscious. The best they can predict are how you will react or feel about something.

I have had eery moments I'll admit where I had a dream about my grandmother on the night that she died only to wake up to a phone call telling me.

Yes.

None. Like I mentioned before, that subconscious voice will tell me what I would smell/feel but it doesn't simulate what that is like. It's never real enough to convince me it's not a dream.

No. And details only get made as they become relevant. My feet don't necessarily even exist in the dream space until I think about them.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
In color, pretty much normal colors.

I guess more on the visual side. I only came near to lucid dreaming when I'm already in that state where you're kind of starting to be a little awake, so I guess that doesn't count.

It's more like a movie that I'm in.

Not forecast the future, but yes of course give insight into one's own psychology--that's probably their purpose, a time for the subconscious to more actively play with and work things out.

No

It's pretty much mostly foggy versions of my normal senses, primarily vision and hearing.

Nope!

·
Banned
17,616 Posts
My dreams are in living color.

Are your dreams more verbal or visual ?
I don't remember sounds from my dreams. The surrealistic imagery is realistic

Do you lucid dream?
Not naturally. I did the psych up + supplements lucid dream scheme once. I had a lucid dream and decided I rather let the dream be in control.

My dreams are like virtual reality. I'm think my subconscious is making decisions.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future
I believe in meaningful coincidence.

or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with
absolutely

I've had some fun waking dreams.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water ) Do you remembered feeling water
Anything I feel tactilely, I've determined is from my actual sleeping environment.

or seeing what shoes youre wearing
I don't pay attention to myself in dreams.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Were you expecting this call? Did the dream coincide with the ringtone?
I'd been anticipating her death for some years but nothing implied that she would pass away on that night. It was fairly sudden. I had also never really dreamt about her before.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Yes, it's in colour. Similar to how it is when awake but a bit less vivid.

They're visual, I don't have lucid dreams that often.

Somewhat movie-like.

Oh, definitely. Dreams are indeed a manifestation of our unconscious. I believe that as an Ni-dom, I am particularly good at dream analysis. I'm guessing that it's the same with Ne-doms?

I think so, but a long time ago.

I can't feel my own touch.

No.

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, definitely. Dreams are indeed a manifestation of our unconscious. I believe that as an Ni-dom, I am particularly good at dream analysis. I'm guessing that it's the same with Ne-doms?

I'm glad you answered- from observation from people irl and online
Ni tends to have more symbolic dreams and predict or see the future . Whereas Ne have more random imaginative surrealistic dreams .
For my part - I think the human mind makes connection with everything , hence when something familiar happened to us in real life that was similar to our dream - we connect those pictures together

In terms of psycho analysis - yeah I think dreams can tell one something about oneself however it doesn't go beyond that for my case

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
I'm glad you answered- from observation from people irl and online
Ni tends to have more symbolic dreams and predict or see the future . Whereas Ne have more random imaginative surrealistic dreams .
For my part - I think the human mind makes connection with everything , hence when something familiar happened to us in real life that was similar to our dream - we connect those pictures together

In terms of psycho analysis - yeah I think dreams can tell one something about oneself however it doesn't go beyond that for my case

I never predict the future using my dreams. My predictions about the future of humanity are calculated guesses premised on historical and sociological trends. Predicting an individual's future is harder because you would require their personal history and behaviour pattern.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I think that my dreams are highly symbolic. Whilst it might feel like walking through Wonderland none of it is random.

If I'm feeling stress of anxiety in my dream it's because I haven't properly assessed stress and anxiety that is outside of my dream.

I used to analyse my dreams every day when I was a kid. I'd eagerly ask my friend what they dreamt about and tell them what they meant. I learnt at a young age just how personal dreams are and if you can't analyse your own dreams but you tell others what you dream then you don't know how much you are truly showing them of yourself.

I've had my partner tell me his dreams without realising he's admitting to anxiety... Things he doesn't openly admit.

I don't believe that whenever people dream about specific symbols in dreams that it means something universally... Like the dream of teeth falling out, I'm sure the reasons behind it are all personal to the individual.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
* Always in color.
* Always dull colors, earthy tones, mostly greys, black and greens. Never colorful. They look like the colors of a Wuthering Heights version.
* More visual than verbal. Waaay more. There's also lots of telepathic communication involved. Like if I'm dreaming of a variety of people + myself, we all communicate mostly telepathically, there's not much dialogue.
* I lucid-dream often, yes.
* Never narration. It's always a movie, and I'm always the protagonist. I'm always there.
* I don't think they can forecast the future exactly, but I believe that they can contain information about something that is happening far away and that I am not aware of, and this information contains clues of what might happen in the future. Example:
I dreamed of my 1st boyfriend for 10 night in a row. I saw him clearly in my dream, his black t-shirt with buttons, his beard, his hair, eyes, his height, his teeth, his smile, everything. On the 11th night I met him in person at a flea market. This random guy walked up to me suddenly (he saw me in the distance) and it was the guy from my dream. He told me that he had been living in Australia for 4 years and that he had just arrived to my city 10 days ago (exactly when my dreams started). Needless to say, I believe in quantum physics, the unified field, and all that stuff. "Crazy" synchronicities like this happen to me often. So I believe that my dreams contained information that this guy's consciousness and mine were connecting in the astral. The fact that we met in person wasn't written in the dreams. It just happened because we were already connected and life is fucking crazy and takes you to weird places to meet weird people.
* Yes, I have been trapped in dreams. I'll be lucid dreaming, and telling myself "wake up! I don't want to be here! please I want to wake up!" but I can't/won't.
* Senses I use during dreaming: mostly sight. Everything is about objects and plot and characters, things I observe. Touch and hearing would be second and third. Taste is never a thing. Smell... not really.
* No, I can never remember myself in dreams because I rarely see myself in 3rd person, I'm usually 1st person, the camera. I can see my arms and hands when I grab something, and I can feel my arms if I hug somebody, I can feel my hair as well, etc. But I can't see myself, obvsly, and I don't dream of mirrors.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
* Always in color.
* Always dull colors, earthy tones, mostly greys, black and greens. Never colorful. They look like the colors of a Wuthering Heights version.
* More visual than verbal. Waaay more. There's also lots of telepathic communication involved. Like if I'm dreaming of a variety of people + myself, we all communicate mostly telepathically, there's not much dialogue.
* I lucid-dream often, yes.
* Never narration. It's always a movie, and I'm always the protagonist. I'm always there.
* I don't think they can forecast the future exactly, but I believe that they can contain information about something that is happening far away and that I am not aware of, and this information contains clues of what might happen in the future. Example:
I dreamed of my 1st boyfriend for 10 night in a row. I saw him clearly in my dream, his black t-shirt with buttons, his beard, his hair, eyes, his height, his teeth, his smile, everything. On the 11th night I met him in person at a flea market. This random guy walked up to me suddenly (he saw me in the distance) and it was the guy from my dream. He told me that he had been living in Australia for 4 years and that he had just arrived to my city 10 days ago (exactly when my dreams started). Needless to say, I believe in quantum physics, the unified field, and all that stuff. "Crazy" synchronicities like this happen to me often. So I believe that my dreams contained information that this guy's consciousness and mine were connecting in the astral. The fact that we met in person wasn't written in the dreams. It just happened because we were already connected and life is fucking crazy and takes you to weird places to meet weird people.
* Yes, I have been trapped in dreams. I'll be lucid dreaming, and telling myself "wake up! I don't want to be here! please I want to wake up!" but I can't/won't.
* Senses I use during dreaming: mostly sight. Everything is about objects and plot and characters, things I observe. Touch and hearing would be second and third. Taste is never a thing. Smell... not really.
* No, I can never remember myself in dreams because I rarely see myself in 3rd person, I'm usually 1st person, the camera. I can see my arms and hands when I grab something, and I can feel my arms if I hug somebody, I can feel my hair as well, etc. But I can't see myself, obvsly, and I don't dream of mirrors.
Can you please explain what quantum theory and unified field thory have to do with your vision?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Can you please explain what quantum theory and unified field thory have to do with your vision?
That will derail the thread. It's easily googlable too. Been involved in two derailments of thread in just a week, not going there again sorry :)

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think that my dreams are highly symbolic. Whilst it might feel like walking through Wonderland none of it is random.

If I'm feeling stress of anxiety in my dream it's because I haven't properly assessed stress and anxiety that is outside of my dream.

I used to analyse my dreams every day when I was a kid. I'd eagerly ask my friend what they dreamt about and tell them what they meant. I learnt at a young age just how personal dreams are and if you can't analyse your own dreams but you tell others what you dream then you don't know how much you are truly showing them of yourself.

I've had my partner tell me his dreams without realising he's admitting to anxiety... Things he doesn't openly admit.

I don't believe that whenever people dream about specific symbols in dreams that it means something universally... Like the dream of teeth falling out, I'm sure the reasons behind it are all personal to the individual.
of course dreams carry symbols and meaning, Ive been keeping a dream journal since I was 8.
What I meant by Ni seeing symbols and predicting the future- I meant dreaming of a storm (death of a relative), teeth falling out (if the teeth has blood its somebody related to you if not then a friend), having relative/ghost/evil spirits visiting or haunting them- I also notice that most of these NI users are quite scientific yet their dreams provided such vivid details and vision that they have to believe in it.
My mother dreamt that she saw her friend jumping in and out of their school window (her classroom was on the second floor) and telling her that she's finally free, the following day she asked for her friend and found out her friend had committed suicide
my intj cousin had a daydream of his neighbor telling him to feed his neighbors cat - he found out later that his neighbor got into a car accident died - I posted on the NT forum - you can read through their answers as well

on the other hand- Ne users have much more random replies ( so far I can only gather extremely vivid and surreal dreams as a common trait) not much of any pattern.

my dreams on the other hand- i highly doubt serve any purposes- the only retelling of the past dream I have is my rape/kidnapping incident that happened to me when I was a teenager (these dreams come on a weekly basis for the last 15 years) I rarely ever think or the situation, and no I am not scarred by it- however my nightmares of the situation never went away. three different shrink and 2 counselors associated it with me relieving my stress or anxiety ( this would make perfect sense if Im not content with life and have anxiety, but I have been very content with life and I rarely ever stress . My husband usually have to wake me up from these nightmares Funny thing is I rarely/never think about the situation or talk about it, yet the dream never goes away ( its not the same dream- but similar variation of it- him stabbing me or killing my kids etc) in those dreams they are very vivid and I never know that Im dreaming
it only happens once a week ( it has been happening once a week since a year after the rape incident) fortunately only once a week- but what exactly am i facing? Ill tell you one thing- writing these dreams down make it more traumatizing- not writing or talking about them makes my day easier and I can easily forget the nightmare 15 minutes into waking up because it is only a dream.

I have had dreams where I see familiar things and faces- however Ive always associated it with human beings and their love for connections- if something seems rare we think fate - where it could merely be a coincidence- how many times do we recall things or dreams that are not de ja vu . I agree with you that dream serves different purposes to each individual .

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

ok so I saw my feet in my dream last night! i found out that I was dreaming so I decided to test out and see what senses i can feel- i recalled not ever seeing my feet or what shoes I am wearing so I looked down and saw my feet- I decided to feel it and realized my hand went right through my feet , i then tried touching my hand and at times i can feel my fingers other time my hand just went through each other, I started opening my closet to take out a dress to try on but cant feel the texture- i then tried walking through my wall and banged against it(it felt hard and real) I decided that I am bored with exploring (in my dream that was what my mind told me) and decided to explore by closing my eyes and telling my dream to take me off elsewhere- but yeah the weird thing is I thought of you in my dreams- I was like- hey I lied to her, i could see my feet cant wait to go on perC when I wake up . =)

Reactions: Llyralen

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I actually write down my dreams :) They are always in color and often scenic. Sometimes painfully scenic; I will dream of familiar places with all these additions to them: mountains, canyons, forests, safaris behind people's homes, insane amount of cherry blossom trees down familiar neighborhoods, waterfalls and abandoned mansions in parks near my home, multiple sunsets, planets instead of a sun, oddly colored skies. On the other end of the spectrum: massive tornados, huge floods, inhumane-looking people. About 80% of my dreams involve wandering around these places, running into people I know, kind of searching for things- negative touch to that being: running away from things, storms, meteors, etc. I can't even count how many times I've woken up feeling bummed because of realizing that they're places I can't really ever go to. The other 20% is usually within homes, old schools, and ghost-related. Trying to avoid rooms with ghosts, walking around with ghosts, wandering around hallways. I don't really talk to many people irl, but I don't remember EVER having a dream where I was alone.

I've had a handful of lucid dreams and, without fail, WITHOUT FAIL, I ALWAYS choose to spend them running around naked. I don't know why I never choose to spend them doing something more advanced than that, but I've been running around naked in lucid dreams since I was a wee kid.

A side note about dreams: have any of you ever dreamed of a familiar place that felt the same way as it does in real life? Even if it may have look the same, whether it felt like it feels while you're typically there? I think that is something incredible.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
the weird thing is I thought of you in my dreams- I was like- hey I lied to her, i could see my feet cant wait to go on perC when I wake up . =)
I think this has been such a cool thread, really neat to hear your experience and others. I love this topic too.
I have a friend who gets hypnosis weekly for her past trauma, but so far she says it just makes it all more present, where usually she can put it to the back of her mind.
I now understand why its important for you while you are dreaming to figure out if you are dreaming or not. This hasn't been so important to me, so I usually am not asking myself "Is this a dream?" So I haven't been as in-touch with what senses I can truly experience. I might find myself trying it out soon, we'll see!

About future telling dreams or things you couldn't have known about...I absolutely think we are all more connected than we can possibly imagine. The power of the conscious or sub-conscious mind is amazing. I heard someone compare this once to electron fields on an atom. Electrons are basically in 2 or more places at once and can be expected to be where we expect them to be-- almost like the power of the mind moved them there. Was cool!

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Sunset Stripper
9,630 Posts

They're in color (usually vibrant colors and odd color schemes). I think they're equally verbal and visual, I rarely lucid dream. It's more like a movie, kind of ties into the lucid dreaming thing, I'm rarely aware or in control so there's little internal monologue other than internal impressions within the dream, like me noticing something in particular and getting some kind of impression from it.

I think dreams can give insight about common and conscious notions about yourself. And I'm certain that they can't forecast the future in the way an oracle could.

Being trapped in a dream happened to me mostly when I was a child, it still happens but I can't remember the last time. Usually those types of dreams become lucid dreams, if I realize I'm trapped then I try to change the dreams, which are usually nightmares in those cases.

I think I can feel in dreams. I think I can recall how things felt, and the memories manifest in the dreams too.

I can only remember things like what I was wearing if it called my attention, somehow. I had a dream yesterday that I was part of Nicki Minaj's dance crew, and since she wears bright obnoxious colors and costumes (and that's in my memory), I was wearing a bright orange carnival swim suit type of deal with feathers.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts