Personality Cafe banner

What are your dreams like

13K views 237 replies 61 participants last post by  lww23 
#1 ·
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I think it's actually black and white but my brain knows what colors they are supposed to be, or something.

Both. Lucid-- very often.

No narration. Like a movie and I love the ones that are totally like-- can someone get me popcorn and not wake me up please? This one's totally got me hooked!

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with
Yes. I'm grateful for these dreams. I learn a lot from my dreams. They don't forecast the future as often as they just help me sort things out or warn me-- mostly, funny enough, they help me avoid conflicts with loved ones.

No. Although I have experienced those few seconds of still feeling paralyzed--- what's the term for that?-- upon waking. And I often am trying to scramble up hills or away from stuff but can't.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )
I haven't experienced this at all--- this is interesting about your dreams, I think. I think if I'm swimming in the dream it feels like I'm swimming. If I'm smelling in the dream my brain makes me think I'm truly smelling it.

See above ^ on water. No on shoes unless the shoes were important (I believe I wore Dorothy's ruby slippers once) but I wonder what prompted this question-- sounds interesting! =).

Reactions: ai.tran.75
#3 ·
Wow that's interesting that you dreamt in black and white- mine are everyday color like this- however I have had dreams where I play with creating colors and holograms ( like light pastel neon color or white neon forest - walking into a painting or computer screen .

I also lucid quite often- just I can't control my dreams exactly the way I want it, the moment I almost achieve that lol wake up
My dreams are both very visual And verbal-

My dreams varies - the most common is me being in my dreams exploring things , I narrate the entire time in my mind in these dreams and I verbalize a lot

Then I have these dreams where it's like a movie and I'm just an outsider watching

I've had dreams that were musicals and inanimate object talked to me

My favorite dreams are the ones where I walking into paintings /storybook/different realm because I often get to see color and images and feel textures that I've never experience reality - imagine walking into a
New world that's inspire by pastel paint and walking through walls of glittery and neon light etc

There are dreams where it's strictly verbal and lightly visual ( I'm conversing with somebody)

Oh ! I have these nightmares that I'm pregnant again ( I had a tubal ligation ) ironically my favorite thing to do waa dream while I was pregnant ( all day sickness sucks whereas I'm not sick in my dreams)

Sleep paralysis! When your mind is awake before your body ( I believe that's what it's called )

hmm perhaps it's just me then, I kept on having these dreams where I'll wake up on my own bed , get up only to realize i can't see my feet ( oh great this means I'm dreaming) I'll close my eyes - open them again ( I'm in my bed again ) I'll get out of bed- walk to the bathroom , turn on the faucet and realize my hand isn't wet or dripping water ( wake up again in another dream) this happens to me a lot , usually happens when I'm sleeping under the blanket- I usually wake up breathless ( I'm guessing lack of oxygen?)

I can feel and taste in my dreams - just certain feelings or taste are foreign or non existence - hence it'll give me a clue that I'm not awake- I usually know when I'm dreaming and just flow with where my dreams take me- if I don't like something I'll blink myself into a new place ( most of the time I'll wake up)
I can never see what shoes I'm wearing or feel my feet when dreaming ) I also can't pick up a book and read ( the text will blur or make no sense) . I swim in my dreams - it's when I touch my hair or splash water is when I notice I'm not wet or dripping water hence I must be dreaming- it's weird I can taste feel and smell in my dreams - however I can never feel water or see my exact image when looking into a mirror

I don't really believe that dreams can forecast the future however I'm curious to see if anyone does and if it's cognitive related :)

It was fun reading your answers !

#4 ·
It is the same colours as you would imagine in reality unless the dream is surreal enough to swap colours around.

Both really but the visuals are the most important device to tell me what is happening. I haven't lucid dreamt that recently. I used to do it every night as a child. I actually enjoyed going to bed because of it.

Not really either. My dreams don't feel like movies. For one it's all first person. I can't describe what they feel like because there's no equivalent in the tangible world. I don't have narration but I do have thoughts which fill in the blanks for me. For instance I might look at a pencil in my hand and think "Where did this come from?" then my mind will create a reason "Oh, yeah, I must have gotten it from the convention" it doesn't matter if the convention was ever in the dream or makes any sense it's just a new fact in the dream world.

The only thing which dreams can do is make you aware of your own subconscious. The best they can predict are how you will react or feel about something.

I have had eery moments I'll admit where I had a dream about my grandmother on the night that she died only to wake up to a phone call telling me.

Yes.

None. Like I mentioned before, that subconscious voice will tell me what I would smell/feel but it doesn't simulate what that is like. It's never real enough to convince me it's not a dream.

No. And details only get made as they become relevant. My feet don't necessarily even exist in the dream space until I think about them.

#5 ·
In color, pretty much normal colors.

I guess more on the visual side. I only came near to lucid dreaming when I'm already in that state where you're kind of starting to be a little awake, so I guess that doesn't count.

It's more like a movie that I'm in.

Not forecast the future, but yes of course give insight into one's own psychology--that's probably their purpose, a time for the subconscious to more actively play with and work things out.

No

It's pretty much mostly foggy versions of my normal senses, primarily vision and hearing.

Nope!

#6 · (Edited)
My dreams are in living color.

Are your dreams more verbal or visual ?
I don't remember sounds from my dreams. The surrealistic imagery is realistic

Do you lucid dream?
Not naturally. I did the psych up + supplements lucid dream scheme once. I had a lucid dream and decided I rather let the dream be in control.

My dreams are like virtual reality. I'm think my subconscious is making decisions.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future
I believe in meaningful coincidence.

or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with
absolutely

I've had some fun waking dreams.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water ) Do you remembered feeling water
Anything I feel tactilely, I've determined is from my actual sleeping environment.

or seeing what shoes youre wearing
I don't pay attention to myself in dreams.

#9 ·
Yes, it's in colour. Similar to how it is when awake but a bit less vivid.

They're visual, I don't have lucid dreams that often.

Somewhat movie-like.

Oh, definitely. Dreams are indeed a manifestation of our unconscious. I believe that as an Ni-dom, I am particularly good at dream analysis. I'm guessing that it's the same with Ne-doms?

I think so, but a long time ago.

I can't feel my own touch.

No.

#10 ·
Oh, definitely. Dreams are indeed a manifestation of our unconscious. I believe that as an Ni-dom, I am particularly good at dream analysis. I'm guessing that it's the same with Ne-doms?

I'm glad you answered- from observation from people irl and online
Ni tends to have more symbolic dreams and predict or see the future . Whereas Ne have more random imaginative surrealistic dreams .
For my part - I think the human mind makes connection with everything , hence when something familiar happened to us in real life that was similar to our dream - we connect those pictures together

In terms of psycho analysis - yeah I think dreams can tell one something about oneself however it doesn't go beyond that for my case

#13 ·
* Always in color.
* Always dull colors, earthy tones, mostly greys, black and greens. Never colorful. They look like the colors of a Wuthering Heights version.
* More visual than verbal. Waaay more. There's also lots of telepathic communication involved. Like if I'm dreaming of a variety of people + myself, we all communicate mostly telepathically, there's not much dialogue.
* I lucid-dream often, yes.
* Never narration. It's always a movie, and I'm always the protagonist. I'm always there.
* I don't think they can forecast the future exactly, but I believe that they can contain information about something that is happening far away and that I am not aware of, and this information contains clues of what might happen in the future. Example:
I dreamed of my 1st boyfriend for 10 night in a row. I saw him clearly in my dream, his black t-shirt with buttons, his beard, his hair, eyes, his height, his teeth, his smile, everything. On the 11th night I met him in person at a flea market. This random guy walked up to me suddenly (he saw me in the distance) and it was the guy from my dream. He told me that he had been living in Australia for 4 years and that he had just arrived to my city 10 days ago (exactly when my dreams started). Needless to say, I believe in quantum physics, the unified field, and all that stuff. "Crazy" synchronicities like this happen to me often. So I believe that my dreams contained information that this guy's consciousness and mine were connecting in the astral. The fact that we met in person wasn't written in the dreams. It just happened because we were already connected and life is fucking crazy and takes you to weird places to meet weird people.
* Yes, I have been trapped in dreams. I'll be lucid dreaming, and telling myself "wake up! I don't want to be here! please I want to wake up!" but I can't/won't.
* Senses I use during dreaming: mostly sight. Everything is about objects and plot and characters, things I observe. Touch and hearing would be second and third. Taste is never a thing. Smell... not really.
* No, I can never remember myself in dreams because I rarely see myself in 3rd person, I'm usually 1st person, the camera. I can see my arms and hands when I grab something, and I can feel my arms if I hug somebody, I can feel my hair as well, etc. But I can't see myself, obvsly, and I don't dream of mirrors.

#14 ·
Can you please explain what quantum theory and unified field thory have to do with your vision?

#18 · (Edited)
I actually write down my dreams :) They are always in color and often scenic. Sometimes painfully scenic; I will dream of familiar places with all these additions to them: mountains, canyons, forests, safaris behind people's homes, insane amount of cherry blossom trees down familiar neighborhoods, waterfalls and abandoned mansions in parks near my home, multiple sunsets, planets instead of a sun, oddly colored skies. On the other end of the spectrum: massive tornados, huge floods, inhumane-looking people. About 80% of my dreams involve wandering around these places, running into people I know, kind of searching for things- negative touch to that being: running away from things, storms, meteors, etc. I can't even count how many times I've woken up feeling bummed because of realizing that they're places I can't really ever go to. The other 20% is usually within homes, old schools, and ghost-related. Trying to avoid rooms with ghosts, walking around with ghosts, wandering around hallways. I don't really talk to many people irl, but I don't remember EVER having a dream where I was alone.

I've had a handful of lucid dreams and, without fail, WITHOUT FAIL, I ALWAYS choose to spend them running around naked. I don't know why I never choose to spend them doing something more advanced than that, but I've been running around naked in lucid dreams since I was a wee kid.

A side note about dreams: have any of you ever dreamed of a familiar place that felt the same way as it does in real life? Even if it may have look the same, whether it felt like it feels while you're typically there? I think that is something incredible.

#20 ·
They're in color (usually vibrant colors and odd color schemes). I think they're equally verbal and visual, I rarely lucid dream. It's more like a movie, kind of ties into the lucid dreaming thing, I'm rarely aware or in control so there's little internal monologue other than internal impressions within the dream, like me noticing something in particular and getting some kind of impression from it.

I think dreams can give insight about common and conscious notions about yourself. And I'm certain that they can't forecast the future in the way an oracle could.

Being trapped in a dream happened to me mostly when I was a child, it still happens but I can't remember the last time. Usually those types of dreams become lucid dreams, if I realize I'm trapped then I try to change the dreams, which are usually nightmares in those cases.

I think I can feel in dreams. I think I can recall how things felt, and the memories manifest in the dreams too.

I can only remember things like what I was wearing if it called my attention, somehow. I had a dream yesterday that I was part of Nicki Minaj's dance crew, and since she wears bright obnoxious colors and costumes (and that's in my memory), I was wearing a bright orange carnival swim suit type of deal with feathers.

#23 · (Edited)
I’ve had a handful of prophetic dreams. Usually they are fairly banal.

When I was a little kid one of my dreams included a vision of a boy loading something onto a truck surrounded by palm trees and cobblestone streets. Why I remembered such an insignificant scene, I don’t know but when I was 9 I went to the Bahamas. As I was walking along a cobblestone road I turned my head and there was that very same boy loading up a truck.
No idea why my brain felt the need to tell me about it

Other times they help me solve problems, or will let me know what is going on in the moment.These ones are often word-for-word.
For a while my very best friend was in a different time zone. With my schedule I never got to speak to her. Early one morning I had a dream that I had gotten up early and found her online. I even remembered part of our conversation in the dream:
“I’m surprised you’re up so early.”
“I wasn’t going to be but my sub conscious told me get up because you were on.”
So, I jumped out of bed, logged in and there she was- as was our dream conversation.

Another time I had a dream that I was the leader of some ninja/ mafia family. I’d tracked down my childhood rival and was about to shoot him in the face when he said “ Don’t you have somewhere more important to be?" ( it was a throwback to the past when we were kids. He always wanted me to play with him and I’d say that I have more important places to be.)
In my dream I thought “ Oh shit!” And woke with a start-I was late for school.

Occasionally, I have prophetic dreams of the symbolic type. I was in the hospital ( I actually died for a short time) I had several weird dreams.
One was that I was out hiking with my friends. I had a very uneasy feeling. I went ahead of the group and when I looked back my friends were being attacked by an enormous snake. I tried to go back and help but I’d somehow been sealed behind a large wall of glass. I screamed at them but my voice was silent. I knew that the snake had done this. It was just about to attack me when the faceless guardian who often shows up in my dreams got in the middle of us. He said something about how I should not look back, that I could only save myself.
I knew what this meant. One of the guys in our group of friends was abusive, narcissistic and manipulative. I knew it but no else would listen. The more I tried to warn people the more he manipulated them; acting like a victim. I was just a big mean bully picking on his innocent self.
Not long after I got out of the hospital I stopped seeing all of them. Just quit cold turkey. He sent me an E-mail about meeting up somewhere and I just never responded.
Of course I did not want to leave my best friend if ten yrs ( we were really close) but there was nothing I could do for any of them. So, I saved myself.

#25 ·
@ai.tran.75
Last night I was dreaming and realized that I DO dream in color. I went outside into a wheat field that was just golden colored. I all of a sudden was like, "Hey I'm dreaming and seeing color. I must tell ai.tran.75!!!" and I woke up. In the few minutes that I could still remember the dream I thought about all the colors in it. There had actually been a minute where we had been painting and the colors had been vibrant like real life. What's funny is the further I am from the dream the more I forget the colors that were in it. Like when I try to remember the paining scene, I'm remembering it in black and white almost, but when I first woke up I could remember the bright colors.
I have to say... I also do dream prophetically sometimes. Usually to help with relationships. Sometimes a warning. If I experience deja vu then I know to be extra careful about what I'm saying.
My life was actually saved by someone who had a prophetic dream about me once. I was in Denmark as an ambassador for my church. This man (kind of a father figure-- actually over my program) came with his wife to my house (he had ridden the train for 1 hour to do so) and woke me up at 6:00 am and said "I had a dream last night. Was there someone you were going to visit today named Peter?" I said, "Yes" and there was absolutely no way he could have known that. He said, "Do not go, he was planning to murder you." So I didn't go.....
Later I found out from neighbors that this man was a convicted murderer. Had murdered several people.
I'm glad I didn't have to worry about it myself. I'm glad the dream did not come to me, but to the man over my program.
To tell you the truth it was all so sudden and affected me so little that I usually don't think about it at all.

Everyone is pretty darn affectionate in my dreams! Just lots of faces pressed together while we are talking all the time.

There was something else I wanted to tell you--- I can't think of it. I will write when I think of it.
One other thing I want to say though. I study Vikings, right? Well in Viking culture dreams were super important. A girl would be asked to tell everyone the dream she had the day of her wedding night. It was supposed to be prophetic of their lives together and children. Also, if a Viking dreams about animals--- they kind of saw people as having patronuses-- like from Harry Potter. These were called "haminger" So often they would say something like, "I dreamed a black bear and a lion cub came to our hall" and it would mean that Halfdan the Black and Harold Fair-hair were coming. Different cultures put different meaning on dreams. Dreams were serious stuff in Viking age.
<3

Reactions: O_o and ai.tran.75
#27 ·
Neat! You remembered color ! I still find it intriguing that you remembered your dreams in vague / black and white color. I think questions in these thread may make up realize or pick up on things in our subconscious!
Wow that prophetic dream was eery! For me I'll have dreams where I'll see an old friend or family member and the emotional bond in the dream felt so real that the following morning I find myself reconnecting with those people.
So in that sense my dream help me with my relationship
The bizarre ones I write down for inspiration for writing plays or one of my unfinished novels

Speaking of dream - have you ever fly in your dream? Or breath under water?

Reactions: Llyralen
#28 ·
@ai.tran.75 I fly in my dreams often and I love those dreams. I remember what I wanted to tell you and this also was going on when I lived in Denmark. My friend I was living with who was also learning Danish would talk in her sleep and her accent was always SO good when she was asleep. Her Danish was a lot more advanced as well. I know this was going on with me too, because I had lots of people speaking in Danish just like they would in real life and it was sometimes way ahead of my level. I actually learned a few words by listening to people in my dreams-- then double-checked in real life. Sure enough! So I know what's happening. My subconscious is taking everything in and learning faster than my cognitive brain and then trying to feed it to me at night.
I also compose music often in my dreams. Or sometimes write things I think are brilliant that seem above my waking level.

I gave a lecture on sleep and nutrition last year and researched a lot about sleep while putting the presentation together, and my conclusion was that sleep is one of the most important things we can do for our health and our brains. Period.

Oh, come and contribute to the Writer's Corner thread if you get a minute....

Reactions: clem and ai.tran.75
#37 ·
When you fly in your dream does it feels natural to you ? Or are you astonish by it or both? I've had dreams where I'm exploring the night city flying or I'm running with friends and decided to fly ( in those dreams flying seemed like a natural thing to do - it feels natural ). Other dreams I'm running away from something evil and start flying away from it ( the moment I fly I feel free ) , and there are times when I fear flying too high or far because I might get lost- if I remembered correctly I can feel air blowing against my skin and my body feels light

That's really cool how her friend can speak Danish more fluently in her dreams . I recall hearing French in my dream- unsure if it's really French but it sounded like it when I was dreaming - ooh speaking of studying- have you ever fell half asleep to a documentary? Like you're mind is half way off to dream world but you are still listening ?
It happened to me a couple of times -
You compose music in your dreams ? What kind of music ? It's rare for me to hear music in my dream - or I think it's rare ? I'll try to figure that out in my dream next time .
Oh yeah since we're on the topic of speaking- I was talking to my husband and he told me that he's the only person talking in his dream - nobody else talk.
Yeah I'm more creative in my dreams as well.
Have you ever seen your image in a mirror in your dream? Do inanimate object talks ?

Reactions: Llyralen
#30 · (Edited)
Out of curiousity, if you guys had to summarize your dreams in a word (or possibly an emotion), what might that be? Do you feel like there is a overall emotional state or does it feel evently diverse (sometimes happy, fearful, etc.) Not to sound like a bummer, but most of mine are some mixture of nostalgia, calm but longing. Somewhere within that ballpark.

I don't consider dreams a forecast of the future, but in certain ways, a way to look into potential conflicts, sure. If you're constantly running away from something in a dream, for example, I do think that scores a fairly clear goal into the "worried about something/dreading something" net. I think it can be a sign of how much control a person feels like they have: do you manage to outrun and escape those threats; do you manage to stay afloat the water? But how close the dream self is to the actual self when it comes to making decisions can be an uncomfortable thought; running away without stopping to help a friend due to fear, for example. Being a coward, or a traitor, when placed in certain dream scenarios.

#32 ·
Out of curiousity, if you guys had to summarize your dreams in a word (or possibly an emotion), what might that be? Do you feel like there is a overall emotional state or does it feel evently diverse (sometimes happy, fearful, etc.) Not to sound like a bummer, but most of mine are some mixture of nostalgia, calm but longing. Somewhere within that ballpark.
Mine have a central theme-constantly having to fight for people/worlds I don't care about.

There is definitely a lot of pathos to it.

Something else that seems to be just a general rule of the world in my dreams- I die all the time. I just get back up anywhere between few minutes and days later. It's usually an annoying inconvenience but I once used it as an alibi to kill a bunch of people in a murder mystery.

#34 ·
My dreams are always cartoonish, colored, and mostly with complete strangers!

Now it's time for some examples of strange dreams since I feel like this is too short!

1st=
Skipping in a flower field with my father to the dentist office.

2nd=
Being in the middle of the woods and suddenly falling into a gigantic hole with all the cartoon villains. We're all stuck there forever.

3rd=
I'm in a mansion in the middle of the woods. I talk to this blond cartoon vampire in the hallway, then I continue to explore his house without his permission but for some reason, he's okay with it

4rd=
I'm swimming in a pool. Suddenly, I see my friends in the middle of the street. I run up to them, but suddenly a magical staircase extends from the sky and they turn and leave me. I start to cry.

5th=
I see a stranger in my backyard. I ask him to leave. Instead, he stares at me and sings the Barney ending song. (Ya know, I love you, you love me...all that good stuff)

People always say dreams have meanings....I have no idea what my dreams are trying to tell me:hotneko:

#36 ·
Cartoonish that's interesting, is it 2 dimensional?
Can you feel water when youre swimming ? Barney song is hilarious hahaha
My dreams are quite surreal and bizarre as well - however some of them help me with my real life situation :)
What's the weirdest dream you remembered?

Reactions: ThatOneHipsterDude
#45 ·
I had a dream where I was playing Zelda and then enter the screen

Reactions: Mick Travis
#46 ·
OK, I'm late to this party:

Same as in everyday life.

Visual, but see below.

Do you lucid dream?

I don't even have lucid reality. Oh, you want a serious answer? Sigh. Yes, in fact rarely do I not know I'm dreaming: It's as if my conscious self is a little above and behind, observing my dream self.

Movie-like.

Forecast the future? Yes. Give you insight about a personal conflict? Hell, yeah (about the first grown-up book I read was Freud's work on dreams, which reading was probably among the greatest influences on my life).

No.

Sight. I don't recall any presence of touch, smell, hearing, or taste (but see below).

Nope.

My dreams are almost inevitably pleasant ones: Walking through flowery fields, flying over the countryside and over mountains, having friendly if mute interactions with nice unknown people--no threats to me, no violence, no "naked on the street" or "forgot my homework in class" or such--nothing bad. The literally one or two times in my life when there has been a perceived threat in the dream, I've successfully defied the threat and turned it back on itself. Sometimes dreams have repeated themselves, or "continued the story," occasionally years later. A few times my late beloved dog has most welcomely joined me in a dream. Occasionally I've had dreams interrupted, just as if I was watching a movie and suddenly the movie stopped and someone came out on stage to address me. The entire environment of the experience changes from mellow and pleasant to intense "this is important." On these occasions the sense of hearing turns on, but--what is more--the words the very earnest but unknown person is saying are seen as text superimposed on the scene I am viewing. Curiously, upon fully waking up, I can remember everything but what I was told and what the superimposed words were. Bummer. What especially lingers in these cases is the observed feeling and demeanor of the "talker" I witnessed, and I have to try to piece out just what it might apply to through those skimpy and vague clues.

Often the "lead-in" to dreaming--that is, the state as I fall asleep and approach dream state--is accompanied by what I can only call "celestial music." Quite delightful.

#49 ·
OK, I'm late to this party:

Same as in everyday life.

Visual, but see below.

Sight. I don't recall any presence of touch, smell, hearing, or taste (but see below).

Often the "lead-in" to dreaming--that is, the state as I fall asleep and approach dream state--is accompanied by what I can only call "celestial music." Quite delightful.
Do you have thoughts or talk to yourself in your dreams ?
Does everything turns into bright light during the lead in to dreaming ?
I'm glad you answered ! I'm surprise that you don't recall most of your senses - I use all of mine-

these people meet and places you float through are they familiar/strange etc? Do you remember what you are wearing ? Have any of your dreams inspire any of your writing?
Sorry for so many questions

#51 ·
My dreams have an obvious relation to my unconscious, especially in the past it contained fragments of things I had suppressed. When I was young my dreams were like sort of stories I was part of, some I could even steer, and I'd imagine a cliff and throw myself into it if I wanted the dream to end. These days it's still a story, without talking myself iirc, but the combinations of stuff seems totally random, so random that I can't even remember longer than a little while after waking up, it's a bunch of random game levels thrown together, nothing relates to each other in a normal way at all, including the people I see there or the things they say to me (iirc). Maybe it's Ne unconsciously playing jokes on me, I really try to be as conscious about my inner world as I can be, but Ne is so at odds with Ni, that it's almost impossible to practice consciously. Really important messages can also arrive by mini-daydream (not the same as insights normally come from Ni, since daydreams come with "video"), but these are more coherent, like a daydream about going with someone to visit my family, means that on a deeper level that person has made an impression.

#52 ·
Sometimes I don't even know what's going on in my unconscious. And it's my unconscious. But I guess that's the point, all your abstract thought goes there.

My dreams usually just consist of events that really happened and people I actually encountered, but in a totally messed up, altered way. If you really want to know, read on.

I had a dream a few weeks ago where a dead relative visited me (it may have been astral projection, I'm not entirely sure). Her 100th birthday was this past Veteran's Day so I could have also just remembered that.
She didn't say anything to me. If she had any messages for me, she probably didn't even know how to tell me because of all the ridiculous stuff that was happening. If it was important she would have appeared again.
One moment I was driving her to the movie theater as I had seen the new Thor the night before. In the dream we didn't actually see a movie, we just sat in a lobby. I parked the car in the lobby. There was a daddy long legs that crawled inside my Michael Kors purse that I hardly even use anymore but I couldn't find it when I searched for it. Next we were in a lodge in Switzerland having breakfast. Not sure what that represents.

#53 ·
Pastel :kitteh:
Both, and I often have prophetic(in the context of the dream world) voices in my head. Also, I am often aware that I am dreaming.
Depends
No, however, I have gotten sleep paralysis before after bursting out of a dream too quickly.

#55 ·
do you use all 5 of your senses when dreaming? is it first or third person base? have you ever dreamt of priyanka chopra:cool:

#56 ·
Double

#58 ·
This is an interesting question. I hardly ever think about my dreams so it's good that you brought up this issue. I think I dream in color, but sometimes it's in black-and-white. My dreams are mostly visual and sometimes there lucid and sometimes they are not. My dreams are kind of like movies complete with special effects. They are very movielike because sometimes I can pick a special power and use that such as turning invisible, flying, walking through walls, and making things appear and disappear. Sometimes I dream about architecture like an office building that I wanted to buy. However in the movielike dreams, many times I know that I'm dreaming, so I tried to influence the course of the dream.

One time I was trapped in a dream and people were chasing me, but after a long time, I forced myself to wake up. I don't know if I dreamed that I forced myself to wake up or if I really forced myself to wake up. I guess it's hard to tell when you're in a dream. I also have limited senses when I dream. Like I can't taste something or feel water.

Most of my dreams are a reflection of everyday conflict and stress in my life. Especially the ones where people are chasing me. The people chasing me I think represent my workload at work. I think my mind is cleaning up the stress of the day during dreaming.

Dreaming can also be very awesome and wonderful. It can also be deeply meaningful. There was one dream where I felt like I met God and I felt that he was speaking to me through the dream. That one was very lucid and it felt like it was real. I feel like sometimes dreams can be a divine revelation. It was so real that reality felt fake when I woke up. When I woke up, it was like I entered the matrix and my true body was actually somewhere else.

#59 ·
I've always find it fascinating when dream changes and plays with colors . Yeah I get trap in my dreams as well - it's like I know I'm asleep and really wanted to wake up. For example I'll wake up on my own bed, sit up, can't feel my legs and realize I'm dreaming, try waking up again and I'll wake up on my own bed- I'll pick up my cell phone to look at time only to realize the text is blurry - try waking up again -
The other ones I'm in a nightmare and I'll try blinking myself out of it

This thread actually help me dream differently- for example I've never seen in black and white or saw my feet until I start pondering about it and reading about other people dreams adds creativity into my subconscious world

I can relate a lot to what you said about movie like dreams and alternating from first and 3rd person point of view.
I've never dreamt of God but I tend to enter a room with white light before falling into deep sleep ( like the moment my mind tells me you can either enter dream world or wake up) during that stage my body feels floaty and the room seems as if it's spinning upside down

Are you more emotional in your dreams ? Have you ever dreamt of being somebody else ? Oh and can you hear music in your dreams?

Reactions: clem and Llyralen
#61 ·
I tried to write down the music from the melody that I heard in my dreams before. Sometimes I would try to record it. When I try that it gets all jumbled and I can’t re-create the whole entire piece of music. It can get complex like the orchestral parts that have first violin, second violin and percussion and keyboard. So I can enjoy these unique pieces of composition, but somehow I can’t save them. Perhaps if I had better musical capability like if I were a conductor for an orchestra for a living, I could write out the entire score. It’s like the things that we enjoy here in this life we can’t take to the next life. So I have learned just to enjoy the music and not try to remember it.

#67 ·
I am trying to figure out how to write down my music at this point. The compositions during my dreams seem more like things I could actually write down--- like a melodic song, but not a symphony. Symphony and opera are my best thing to hear and I hear these before I go to sleep usually. I'm realizing I'm not alone. You and @odinthor both mention hearing Celestial music and that's exactly how I would describe mine. I wonder if I could ever learn to try to write it all down.
I met a girl in my town who had never played the piano until she was around 30 and her husband bought her one when they moved to America and opened a restaurant together. She said she had always heard piano music and she taught herself to play and she plays her own pieces--- she tells me they are more wonderful in her head and that she had to start with the melody and then add and she has been able to get more and more complex. Maybe it's possible.... just got to start somewhere. I do enjoy it so much! Tell me, can you control the melody and/or other instruments? I thought I couldn't for a long time and now I almost wish I hadn't learned to. It was purest when it just sounded like I was listening to a heavenly choir/symphony. This is rather personal to me-- but awesome to find people to talk about it with and maybe strategize how to work on it. Thank you!

Reactions: O_o