Personality Cafe banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )

Yes (I'm curious now -- do other people not dream in color?) The colors are usually pretty normal, but there can be abnormally colored things, like purple flying bears. :D

Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?

Both. Very visual, and often verbal. I still remember song lyrics and poems that wrote themselves in my dreams. Usually they start as ethereal and I can't really comprehend the lyrics, but as I begin to focus more, I start to understand them.

And we shall be appointed view
Of Earth's eternal sleep

...A monster sang that to me as it waded through the ocean, destroying an entire coastal city, in one of my recent dreams.

I also remember another nightmare, of a demented choir, singing in what looked like a crude, terrifying imitation of my childhood church. They were shrieking, hundreds of voices all at once.

And yes, I lucid dream, though not as much as I'd like to. But I love it. I also sometimes enjoy becoming lucid during my hypnagogic imagery as that is a little bit easier to attain. If interested, my username on DreamViews is Eveningsky, and I sporadically update my dream journal there.

Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?

Depends on the dream. I've had both. I even had a fully cartoon dream of being on the Magic School Bus, though I can't remember if I myself was a cartoon or not.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

The former, maybe. The second, absolutely.

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

No but I occasionally wake up and fall back asleep into the same nightmare, which isn't particularly pleasant. I can usually mitigate this by shaking my head, drinking some water, trying to think about something else, etc. but it's not foolproof.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

I always have access to sight. Often sound. Sometimes taste, sometimes smell, sometimes touch. It depends on the individual dream. I've had very real sensations of physical contact with dream characters.

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing

I don't think I've ever remembered my shoes in a dream, though I have remembered my watch. I remember a dream back from elementary school in which I was riding on the back of a friendly Plesiosaurus, who had a very scratchy voice, in a lake through the desert. But I can't remember if I touched the water or not. I know for a fact that I can feel water in daydreams and waking fantasies; I can replicate the sensation in my imagination. But I can't remember it specifically in an actual sleeping dream.

Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing
An ENFP suggested there needed to be more ESTJ membership in these threads so I invaded, don't mind me.

"Is it in color? If so, what colors -- more pastel or like how it is when awake?"

I think I dream like anyone else, not really color oriented although colors are there. Fingers are definitely blurred...but I dream more of scenarios that I am out of control of and those end up usually being nightmares since most scenarios I have been in where I have lost control have been fairly traumatic. But yes, colors, sounds, taste, and texture are there.

"Are your dreams more verbal or visual? Do you lucid dream?"

I think I have only lucid dreamed during a sex dream. I dream of sex quite often with my boyfriend in it, they're often soft and pleasurable dreams of course. I feel certainly safer in them. But most importantly: they are verbal, so I can see them, but I can also feel all of the actions and see them. I'm sure this works for everyone else too.

"Do you narrate the movie or is it like a movie or both?"
Both, but rare occassions it's either or. When it's a nightmare I feel like I'm banging on glass helplessly, trying to take control of a ship that's sailed off to it's own demise.

"Do you believe they can forecast the future?"
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

"Senses?"
I think I said that earlier but yeah, loads of them.

Discussion starter · #183 ·
@Llyralen - are you aware that you’re dreaming, when you’re dreaming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Llyralen
my dreams are in color and look exactly like real life, i can feel everything too like water and temperature. i even can feel pain sometimes as i have had a few very painful nightmares :/ i do lucid dream from time to time, i used to be into it a lot more and i have been meaning to start dream journaling again so i can really get back into it, its a lot of fun!

i once had a really long mostly lucid series of dreams in which i kept trying to wake up but kept having a false awakening instead. at some point i started to wonder if the real world even existed at all or if my memories of my waking life was just more dreams, at some point i did actually wake up (obviously or else im not actually typing this right now lol) and i felt really relieved.

When l have them, they feel like real life.

I've been retting recurring nightmares throughout my life about failing a test. I think I've finally realised that there key monumental failures I've had in my life that I haven't properly processed.

But when I wake from them it feels like a big relief.

Trying to remember the dream, it looks rather unsaturated, high contrast, kind of sketchy, focusing on key objects, sometimes its just the feeling of failure without the sensory verifying it. Like that "i just know" feeling without seeing.
(Reminds me of minority report sometimes)

Discussion starter · #186 ·
When l have them, they feel like real life.

I've been retting recurring nightmares throughout my life about failing a test. I think I've finally realised that there key monumental failures I've had in my life that I haven't properly processed.

But when I wake from them it feels like a big relief.

Trying to remember the dream, it looks rather unsaturated, high contrast, kind of sketchy, focusing on key objects, sometimes its just the feeling of failure without the sensory verifying it. Like that "i just know" feeling without seeing.
(Reminds me of minority report sometimes)
Do you dream in first person of third person pov?

Have you ever dreamt that you’re someone else ?

Do you dream in color ?

Are you always the same age ?

I also get recurring nightmares about failing a test every now and then …i also get weird dreams about not passing a certain grade level that’s usually what makes me question the reality of my dream …Are you aware that you’re dreaming when you’re within a dream?

Discussion starter · #187 ·
my dreams are in color and look exactly like real life, i can feel everything too like water and temperature. i even can feel pain sometimes as i have had a few very painful nightmares :/ i do lucid dream from time to time, i used to be into it a lot more and i have been meaning to start dream journaling again so i can really get back into it, its a lot of fun!

i once had a really long mostly lucid series of dreams in which i kept trying to wake up but kept having a false awakening instead. at some point i started to wonder if the real world even existed at all or if my memories of my waking life was just more dreams, at some point i did actually wake up (obviously or else im not actually typing this right now lol) and i felt really relieved.
That’s really interesting, i can’t feel water in my dream- that’s usually the test I used to see whether I’m awake or not within my dream . I can feel pain though which is odd .

What temperature can you feel ?

I’ve had dreams where I kept on waking up within a dream- They used to be nightmares for me and then one day I decided to take a different turn - instead of trying to wake up - I explored what I could do within my dream. I’m usually aware when I’m dreaming however with lucid dreaming - things don’t always go they way I envision it

Do you have signs that tells you that you’re not awake yet ?

Do you dream in first person /third person or does it interchange depending on the night ?

Q. Do you dream in first person of third person pov?
A. First

Q.Have you ever dreamt that you’re someone else?
A.not often.

Q. Do you dream in color ?
A. Yes

Q. Are you always the same age ?
A. Usually in my 18-35 range... a vague young-adult/adult self.

Q.Are you aware that you’re dreaming when you’re within a dream?
A. Occasionally, depends on how awake I feel. Usually if I feel an urge to pee in real life, it'll inject a level of awareness in my dream! I can even feel a certain "crossing over" sensation!

Discussion starter · #190 ·
Q.Have you ever dreamt that you’re someone else?
A.not often.

Q. Are you always the same age ?
A. Usually in my 18-35 range... a vague young-adult/adult self.

Q.Are you aware that you’re dreaming when you’re within a dream?
A. Occasionally, depends on how awake I feel. Usually if I feel an urge to pee in real life, it'll inject a level of awareness in my dream! I can even feel a certain "crossing over" sensation!
What was the experience like when you dream that you’re somebody else ?

Are you aware of your age in your dream? Is there any environment that you revisit or create ?

Lol - for my case I think I’m so in touch with my subconscious that I’m aware that I’m dreaming most of the time , certain signs for me are “ not being able to read an entire page of a book aloud - feeling water- seeing my feet -

Do animals or inanimate objects talk to you in your dreams?

Many of my dreams tend to have a specific event that they build up to and then my dream abruptly ends before the event happens. Why is this such a frequent occurrence for me? What does it mean?

Discussion starter · #192 ·
Many of my dreams tend to have a specific event that they build up to and then my dream abruptly ends before the event happens. Why is this such a frequent occurrence for me? What does it mean?
Care to share examples?

Q. What was the experience like when you dream that you’re somebody else ?
A. Depends... sometimes its like a cinematic movie. Seeing another character.

Q. Are you aware of your age in your dream? Is there any environment that you revisit or create?
A. I think I just forget about my age in my dream like real life. Like its not a thing. Its only by context that I derive my age. E.g. school,/uni age if there's tests. Particular job etc

** Lol - for my case I think I’m so in touch with my subconscious that I’m aware that I’m dreaming most of the time , certain signs for me are “ not being able to read an entire page of a book aloud - feeling water- seeing my feet -
C. That's cool! I have been more aware thst I'm dreaming sometimes recently. Sometimes it depends on the temperature of the room. How hot or sweaty I am. - like not hearing things, feeling like things are bizzare.

Q. Do animals or inanimate objects talk to you in your dreams?
A. No, not really / or can't remember it.

Discussion starter · #195 ·
What do you mean by that ? Care to share examples?

I remember my dreams vividly most of the time and it's where I gather a sense of fearlessness to bring to my real life. I had a nightmare the other night that turned into me rescuing someone I love. The transition from "I'm scared" into "I will do anything" - that shift was so incredibly powerful, and the feeling stayed with me.

Discussion starter · #197 ·
I remember my dreams vividly most of the time and it's where I gather a sense of fearlessness to bring to my real life. I had a nightmare the other night that turned into me rescuing someone I love. The transition from "I'm scared" into "I will do anything" - that shift was so incredibly powerful, and the feeling stayed with me.
Are your dreams more visual/audio ?
Does your inner voice/voice of reasoning differ ?

Weirdly, my dreams depend on whether I take melatonin to fall asleep faster or not. If I don't, they are in colour, about 50-50 on visual vs dialogue, sometimes have rather complex plots (but not always, of course). If I do, they become somewhat darker. They may seem like something more real and often give a weird vibe of being more tense. I wonder if others have similar experiences?

@Llyralen - are you aware that you’re dreaming, when you’re dreaming ?

When I do, I usually wake up quickly. Not always but usually.
Something will happen. Let’s say I’m able to fly. I can enjoy it but I will think to myself “The last dream I was able to fly in then x and x happened… I wonder if I can do that again or avoid….” And when I’m that conscious, I wake up quickly.

The henbane herb that I mentioned (different thread) is supposedly able to give very powerful lucid dreams where your body is basically in a coma almost, but people can wake up after more than 12 hours and talk about being on a journey and feeling it really happened. It is dangerous stuff. I’ve never been very interested in knowing much about Psychotropic drugs, but maybe now I am, given the interesting history. Something for me to read more about! Try it though…? I don’t know, probably not. It’s dangerous and people don’t know about how to use it anymore…

I also heard someone being interviewed on NPR talking about being a researcher of Lucid dreaming. It sounds like lots of people would like to do more of it.

What about you? Do you love lucid dreaming?

Discussion starter · #200 ·
When I do, I usually wake up quickly. Not always but usually.
Something will happen. Let’s say I’m able to fly. I can enjoy it but I will think to myself “The last dream I was able to fly in then x and x happened… I wonder if I can do that again or avoid….” And when I’m that conscious, I wake up quickly.

The henbane herb that I mentioned (different thread) is supposedly able to give very powerful lucid dreams where your body is basically in a coma almost, but people can wake up after more than 12 hours and talk about being on a journey and feeling it really happened. It is dangerous stuff. I’ve never been very interested in knowing much about Psychotropic drugs, but maybe now I am, given the interesting history. Something for me to read more about! Try it though…? I don’t know, probably not. It’s dangerous and people don’t know about how to use it anymore…

I also heard someone being interviewed on NPR talking about being a researcher of Lucid dreaming. It sounds like lots of people would like to do more of it.

What about you? Do you love lucid dreaming?
I’m with you on the psychotropic trip - I have no curiosity .
I’m very aware that I’m dreaming most nights. I don’t try to control my dream so I’m unsure if it’s lucid dreaming or not - I don’t know what scenery/visual my dream will provide for me , in my last dream I was aware that I’m dreaming- and my inner voice told me “ You can’t read when you’re dreaming so don’t bother to open any of the books, it’s a waste of time .” I guess I’m aware that I’m dreaming but I don’t know what to expect next .
Time seems longer in dreams - and I’ve seen images and color that doesn’t exist in reality.
Marine animals always scares me in dreams- I adore them in real life .

I think you can get in touch with your dreams- have you ever been half awake and half dreaming at the same time ?

181 - 200 of 238 Posts