Personality Cafe banner
141 - 160 of 238 Posts
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visual and in full normal color. Some "verbal" but it doesn't really have sound... it's more like what happens in your head when reading. I've only had real sound in a dream like once. I lucid dream occaisionally. There is usually the sense that I'm effecting the dream even though it might not be "lucid" per say.

Neither, I'm usually a participant 1st person.

Mine definitely are related to long term issues I'm dealing with. Occaisionally something recent pops in. Most characters in the dream are not in my real life. They are amalgams. They've rarely directly forecasted the future.

I don't remember being trapped in a dream, though I have felt persecuted and unable to escape in a nightmare... but it wasn't about "leaving the dream" it was just the feelings associated with the dream (Floating in space having persecutory thoughts thrown at me from other people).

Primarily sight is used. Faux hearing is used occaisionally. faux touch is used. rarely real hearing or touch. I don't remember smell being a factor.

Not sure what this question is, but I do remember "peeing" when I didn't actually pee... and it felt real.. so not sure if this counts as water. I don't ever look down at my shoes while dreaming, though I often remember being barefoot if I'm dreaming in third person which happens occaisionally.

Usually I find my most intense dreams occur after deep sleep and entering and/or during REM stage of sleeping. If I typically fall asleep around 1030pm-midnight, I tend to get the dreams 5:00-700. The majority of them. Not always the case. But mostly.

There seems to be some varied definitions of 'Lucid Dreaming' that I can't answer that with full certainty. Do I know I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming? I feel like I do, but so submerged in the dream, that it really doesn't cross my mind, as i'm dreaming. I know that I have never been able to control my dreams, and I honestly do not wish to.

I've had dreams of all. 1st Person, 3rd and POV.

Quick question for you, i saw this Hungarian movie (On Body and Soul), not quite two years ago, and it has made me ask people this question: Have you ever dreamed you were an animal, of any kind? I have yet to encounter a person who said that they have. I find that very interesting and would LOVE to pick the brain of someone that has.
How is 1st person different then POV? I'd consider 1st person POV.

Wow, that's so cool. I can never tell when I enter a dream. I just go unconscious. I often have trouble sleeping and will be in half-waking states where I'll know I'm awake but my thoughts don't make a lot of sense and I might have some vague hallucinations/distortions. However it never progresses directly into a dream. I only ever know about dreams once they're over, I can't lucid dream at all. I always wanted to try it but never could make it work lol. It's like my mind knows what I'm up to and refuses to participate.
That's interesting. If I'm half awake my thoughts are very organized and powerful. I think it's an Alpha brain state.

More or less like these:

Reactions: ai.tran.75
Oh yeah- I dreamt that i was a balloon before
This is awesome.

I can't feel water in my dreams - that's usually the indicator to tell me that I am dreaming ...
I believe anything that happens in my dreams to be truly happening, until I wake up. So that includes flying with some kind of thingy, having a dog jump very very very high into the air wanting to bite me. Now I mention it, is this a childhood video game reference?

I can't, and have never done lucid dreaming.

I've dreamt of being different gender - being a different person and of being a mermaid unsure if that's an animal
This weekend I have been daydreaming seeing myself smile with much joy and happiness, a certain glow, in a pink ball dress. That of course, is related to my genderdysporia.

Tonight I think I dreamed that I got an infraction for breaking a new years promice

Reactions: Asmodaeus
Discussion starter · #149 ·
@ai.tran.75
Last night I was dreaming and realized that I DO dream in color. I went outside into a wheat field that was just golden colored. I all of a sudden was like, "Hey I'm dreaming and seeing color. I must tell ai.tran.75!!!" and I woke up. In the few minutes that I could still remember the dream I thought about all the colors in it. There had actually been a minute where we had been painting and the colors had been vibrant like real life. What's funny is the further I am from the dream the more I forget the colors that were in it. Like when I try to remember the paining scene, I'm remembering it in black and white almost, but when I first woke up I could remember the bright colors.
I have to say... I also do dream prophetically sometimes. Usually to help with relationships. Sometimes a warning. If I experience deja vu then I know to be extra careful about what I'm saying.
My life was actually saved by someone who had a prophetic dream about me once. I was in Denmark as an ambassador for my church. This man (kind of a father figure-- actually over my program) came with his wife to my house (he had ridden the train for 1 hour to do so) and woke me up at 6:00 am and said "I had a dream last night. Was there someone you were going to visit today named Peter?" I said, "Yes" and there was absolutely no way he could have known that. He said, "Do not go, he was planning to murder you." So I didn't go.....
Later I found out from neighbors that this man was a convicted murderer. Had murdered several people.
I'm glad I didn't have to worry about it myself. I'm glad the dream did not come to me, but to the man over my program.
To tell you the truth it was all so sudden and affected me so little that I usually don't think about it at all.

Everyone is pretty darn affectionate in my dreams! Just lots of faces pressed together while we are talking all the time.

There was something else I wanted to tell you--- I can't think of it. I will write when I think of it.
One other thing I want to say though. I study Vikings, right? Well in Viking culture dreams were super important. A girl would be asked to tell everyone the dream she had the day of her wedding night. It was supposed to be prophetic of their lives together and children. Also, if a Viking dreams about animals--- they kind of saw people as having patronuses-- like from Harry Potter. These were called "haminger" So often they would say something like, "I dreamed a black bear and a lion cub came to our hall" and it would mean that Halfdan the Black and Harold Fair-hair were coming. Different cultures put different meaning on dreams. Dreams were serious stuff in Viking age.
<3
Ok I’ve just woken up and tried to remember my dream but could only remember vaguely less than half of it - so I have to write it down now -bc in my dreams you told me to !

Speaking of weird dreams - I had one last night and you were vaguely in it .

I dreamt that I was walking into a foreign place ( in a dark room ) it felt odd - however I notices stairs and decided to walk up the stairs - I reached for my cell phone but couldn’t see or feel the screen and realized that I must be dreaming , so I decided to explore the door in front of me - when I opened the door it lead me to a place that seems like a balcony of a dark sewer and I had strangers looking at me - something irks me that they’re dangerous - they started coming closer to me and started chasing me/I realized that I cannot run from them/ so I tried opening my eyes to wake myself up - instead I entered another dream but I thought I was awake - I was sitting down on a wooden table ( unsure if it’s an outdoor cafe or park) but I was sitting there with you ! You had light auburn hair in my dream and was wearing a cream color sweater - I told you about my nightmare and you told me that i should write it down bc it’ll help me find hidden meanings- I told you that the dream was to horrid to reflect upon and continued to tell you about my dream - afterward you took at a notebook and show me your art work - the pictures in your notebook was a pastel painting of a forest - with a stream and a wooden swing - swinging in the middle of it - As I looked into your picture I asked if we could jump into it ( it was normal in my dream ) and we both went into the picture - both of us were wearing white - you told me again “ you have to write this down bc I wouldn’t remember this .” I told you “ Why wouldn’t you remember a place so beautiful?” We jumped rock across the stream and I realized that my foot isn’t wet - i was dreaming ! I turned over to look for you but you disappeared- I continued to walk through the woods and saw a bright light - as I walk towards it - it led me into a small cottage - I opened the cottage door and was greeted by my grandmothers best friend - she invited me in and said that she is proud of me and misses me - we had a few laughs and she asked me if I wanted to see my grandmother, I told her my grandmother is no longer alive - she smiled and told me “ I see her all the time” I then realized that my grandmother best friend is no longer alive either - she smiled at me and wink and then I woke up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #152 ·
90% of the time dream about people
Do you dream in color or black and white? Do you dream in first person or third person POV or both ?
Can you feel water when you dream? Do you know when you are dreaming

Do you dream in color or black and white? Do you dream in first person or third person POV or both ?
Can you feel water when you dream? Do you know when you are dreaming

- I don't recall a dream without colour, specifically, so there must be colours.
- First person, but usually i'm not the one speaking, most of the time the other person is doing a monologue
- Yes I can feel water when I dream

I sometimes know that I dream but it is very rare. This one profound occasion I was having dream-ception where I woke up about 5 or 6 times in my bed and got up. At some point it seemed pointless to get out of bed because it got reset every time. It was super cool.

Another occasion was a nightmare during REM-sleep and I could not move or open my eyes even though I was awake. Took about 90 seconds before I was able to. It kinda sucks when monsters are out to get you, but I soon realised what was happening and just waited it out. Again, pretty sweet experience.

Last night I think I dremt that someone told me something in a videogame but when I woke up it didn¨t make sense to me...yet, at least...

Sharing my dreams from the other week, that I posted in INFP...

The first "dream", actually a set of dreams. It was a nested dream of at least three levels, and as soon as I became aware of being in a dream, I woke myself up to find myself in a dream again, and so on. It was like a puzzle, and also reminiscent of former dreams, so the deja vu was very strong. And then I remember, "oh, this is a continuation of that dream, I am in a dream, time to wake up!"

The second one is the more disturbing for me, although it was in the form of a game that looked like an anime-style visual novel. I had become too invested in the characters, obviously, and I kept on losing in the game because it involved answering questions that had to do with politics and strategy. This is what I get from watching too much Code Geass, lol. The game goes like this:

It is a Romeo and Juliet type of story, and the setting is a war between their two countries. You play the male protagonist, which is a young prince. Your love interest's rank is unspecified, but she is of the other country. Actually, the story starts when both nations are at peace, so the two of you meet before anyone would have known that there will be international war.

As the prince (I'm not sure if you're next in line), you are asked to attend an important meeting with several politicians and officers of the military. They make their statements, which seem innocent enough. There are disagreements, but everyone is saying what they think is best for your country. They ask your opinion. This is the first turning point. Depending on your answer, you end up siding with military rebels for a coup d'etat, joining civil demonstrations for democracy, or being targeted for assassination. I was targeted for assassination, and died.

Second try. I don't remember what answer I chose. I think I joined the military. I took politics seriously, worked hard for my country. But the girl didn't love me any more. Bad ending.

Third try. I think I joined the civilian movement. I became an ordinary citizen and had a long, wonderful love life. But I had to make a decision again, and I chose the girl. My country killed me as a traitor. Bad ending.

Fourth, fifth, many tries. I was able to avoid assassination, and still be a prince with political clout. I managed to balance love life and nationalism as much as I could. I tried to persuade my beloved to defect to my country. She did. I thought I was doing well, but after a while, she became unhappy. Bad endings.

After many bad endings, I was able to go so far as to marry the love of my life in my home country. I don't remember if I was still a prince or a political figure. And then, weird things started to happen. First, my wife disappeared. Then came the sci-fi twist in the story. A girl comes from the future, claiming to be my daughter. And my wife is found - caught red-handed as a spy from the other country. I am confused, if we will have a daughter, that means my wife will be saved and come back to me. I try to save my wife. She is executed anyway. Grieving and confused, I kill myself. More bad endings along those lines.

Every time I get a bad ending, I have to go back to the start. What did I miss? Was there any hint that she is a spy, or would be a spy? Can I trust that girl from the future? What is the object of this game anyway? I just keep on losing, and I don't know if I'm doing any better or worse...

The more I played the game, the more I became jaded and doubted everyone. I played the part of a loving boyfriend and loyal prince, but everything was calculated. In a sense, it was all an act. And it made me (not the character) feel sick. I could feel my personal and moral beliefs eroding. People become chess pieces in my quest for a good ending.

Another twist. My wife doesn't disappear. My daughter from the future appears. But a spy that looks and acts exactly like my wife still appears. Further study confirmed that they are exactly the same person. Not only time travel is opened up now, but parallel worlds. Which wife was the one I married? I don't know. Was the other one there all along? I don't know. Either one could be a spy. I ask my daughter for hints. She says she's only aware of time travel, not parallel world travel. So they were from different universes, and she can't tell which is from this universe either. But if I execute the wrong person, I would lose my daughter, I realized... the dream ended with me making that choice.

The third dream is pretty straightforward. Was chatting with Llyralen on Discord, a fun chat. She decided to turn on her VC, and she sounded like a teenager. Then I heard her talking to someone irl. Some kind of chore or errand. My family was also calling me irl to go out with them. We say our goodbyes happily.

All in one weird week. If I remember correctly, it was the week after our midterm exams. Any ideas what they could mean?

Discussion starter · #156 ·
Last night I think I dremt that someone told me something in a videogame but when I woke up it didn¨t make sense to me...yet, at least...
I think you posted in the wrong thread [emoji3468] this thread asl how do you dream :)

anyhow I’m glad you posted

What color do you dream in -
Are your dream from a first person POV or third ?
What senses can you feel while dreaming ?
Do you know when you are dreaming ?
Can you feel water or see text from your phones or books while dreaming ?
Have you ever dreamt that you’re somebody else ? Curious

I think you posted in the wrong thread [emoji3468] this thread asl how do you dream :)

anyhow I’m glad you posted

What color do you dream in -
Are your dream from a first person POV or third ?
What senses can you feel while dreaming ?
Do you know when you are dreaming ?
Can you feel water or see text from your phones or books while dreaming ?
Have you ever dreamt that you’re somebody else ? Curious

Oh, yes, I think you are right!

Anywayz.
-I dream in color, it seems.
-My perspectives varies, sometimes I dream from my own perspective, othertimes it's like I see my self from outside my self, or are even completely invisible, obserivng things, or doing things I wouldn't do when I am awake. Also in my dreams I can "timetravel" and also travel for example to the dessert or another planet etc.
-I can see and probably scream in my dreams because I often end up screaming IRL from nightmares. I can touch people. Not sure about smells and tastes, but I can hear and feel for sure. I often feel extremely strong emotions.
-Sometimes I am aware that I am dreaming but when that happens I usually wake up right after that. (Maybe allways?) Also when that happens it seems like I often try to make sense out of something I dream. For example one time I dreamt I was in a mall but instead of sliding stairs there was waterslides and I was chased by a ninja, protecting my family with a weapon.
-Sometimes I wonder if ...if words or text are different in dreams in some sort of way...one time, at least one time, I dreamed that I tried very hard to remember a word or a sentence while waking up and it was extrememly hard but I kept on trying and trying. Right away when I woke up I could actually remember it but again, it didn't make sense to me at that time. I forgot it again. Now I am dissapointed that I didn't write it down as I sometimes dream things that come true or help me in important ways. Speaking of words, I have noticed that sometimes it seems like...assosiations get turned into pictures, maybe...hard to explain...but it's kinda like when making art I guess...for example if I carry heavy luggage in a dream it could be a picture of a problamatic and heavy past, I suspect. Or a cold society could be portraited like walking in a bikini on the northpole during a snowstorm, with the people there waering cold blue and white colors on their cloth, with spikes on their shoes, etc. Once I dreamed that I was naked in front of a large building and extremely emberrassed. A short time after I was going to a meeting and it turned out that that meeting was in the building from the dream, but I was now awake, I wasn't naked this time, but I had come to late and someone had to come out and get me and I felt emberresed for that reason. So the building was the same and the feeling was the same but the situation that caused the feeling was different from in the dream.
-I'm not sure if I have dreamed I was someone else but I once dreamed I was carrying someone hurt, and that person turned in to other persons I cared for a lot and love.

Also I just wanted to say that a few days ago I went to bed and hoped that my dream would help me solve a problem that I didn¨t see a solution for, and the dream actually helped me :)

I dreamed a dream of dreaming a dream
Where I could see and we could feel
The dream we dreamed of dreaming true
The way we feel when I and you

Are really there in the dream
Like watching someone stream a live dream

But the dream fell apart when we fell asleep
- well, I did, and you, I guess,
just dreamed.

Reactions: horseloverfat
I remember them in bouts and then nothing at all for a while. Usually pretty weird sometimes scary, usually neutral, rarely if ever good. I've dreamt of family, spaceships, aliens, weird psychadelic imagery, disasters, the past and present, weirdly nothing seems pertinent to my life directly but maybe that's how it usually is.

precognitive dreams are rare, almost never have them, but I've been trying to lucid dream recently with dream herbs.

Discussion starter · #160 ·
I remember them in bouts and then nothing at all for a while. Usually pretty weird sometimes scary, usually neutral, rarely if ever good. I've dreamt of family, spaceships, aliens, weird psychadelic imagery, disasters, the past and present, weirdly nothing seems pertinent to my life directly but maybe that's how it usually is.

precognitive dreams are rare, almost never have them, but I've been trying to lucid dream recently with dream herbs.
That’s really interesting- have you ever dreamt of being in a third person position or that you were somebody else ?

What senses can you feel when you’re dreaming ?

141 - 160 of 238 Posts