Personality Cafe banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
That’s really interesting- have you ever dreamt of being in a third person position or that you were somebody else ?

What senses can you feel when you’re dreaming ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once I had an OBE. I was in my body and next moment I was out staring from above, went wtf and then popped back in. I could feel physical forces pulling on me which was weird. Never had one as someone else other than a dream character. I asked my mom and apparently she has more than I do, when she's relaxed, and she's not the type to be into this stuff at all, very down to earth.

Usually I don't feel anything in dreams, it's ethereal, like not entirely there. I've had experiences where it was all there, that's how I know they're of this level of reality.

My view is there's multiple levels like an onion, some simulations and illusions lower and higher than our own. The here and now is just a dream in a sense to the next highest level.

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
For several months now I can’t dream. As soon as I start to dream bad thoughts come to me. I think it’s worth doing something ...
Do you dream in colors like how you see things everyday or is the coloring more pastel like - which senses comes into play when you’re dreaming?
Do you know when you are dreaming ? And do you remember the midway stage between being awake and when you’re about to enter your dream world ?

·
Registered
457 Posts
From what I can remember, my dreams seem to have a kinda vibe or a feel/feeling to them, though its not something I think I could explain. I sometimes have recurring places in my dreams, that are part places I recognise but altered or mashed up with another place, the funny thing is when I have these dreams, the mashed up place is always the same. The main one is a harbour where I spent a lot of time in, when I was young, when my dad had a boat there, it has recognisable features but also changed, but the place is always the same in the dreams. I also dream a lot, being around my friends.
Its funny you keep mentioning weather you dream in colour, and I keep trying to remember, but i just couldn't say... wish I could say I dreamt in Techni colour as have always been fond of psychedelia, but trying to remember if I dream in colour just seems unattainable.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Is it in color ( if so what colors - more pastel or like how it is when awake )
Are your dreams more verbal or visual ? Do you lucid dream?
Do you narrate your dream or is it more movie like or both ?
Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Have you ever been trapped in a dream ( like you try to wake up but cant)

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )

Do you remembered feeling water or seeing what shoes youre wearing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
My dreams are more visual. I lucid dream often though, I take control and change the dream to my liking.

The other night I had a dream with lions, I even flipped one off and it flipped me off as well, I was trying to leave the dream away from lions though. Haha

I don't believe dreams are predictable because they are our subconscious mind which is unlimited in interpretation.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,959 Posts
That generally isn't important. It's a mixture between detailed and realistic dreams and silhouette dreams. More likely realistic and detailed dreams. Most important thing is my own state in them and weird adventures. Most of my dreams are horror or some kind of disturbing things. Very rarely there are wet dreams...

Practicaly never they are verbal, only visual. Sometimes lucid. Things just happen, there's no need for words. Common themes are being in my own town, but it's dark and I'm trying to escape someone; I'm in some fictional marketplace and once outside of it I lose sense of gravity, thus keep rising; me driving my dream car, accelerating, being unable to steer and brake, then crashing into building (hearing sound, however not seeing anything as I usually wake up instantly), it's like car is possessed (I don't even need to press gas and sometimes I'm in back seat); I'm in pinch of some monstrosity unable to defend myself thus end up being murdered; my own dead grandpa resurrected; I did something unthinkable and thus hated by everyone; me killing neighbors dog; my own family was killed by someone, while I wasn't at home. There also classical falling from stairs and waking up dream, but everyone has it at some point.

They have their own flow, words have no place there. Actions are smooth and everything of important is visual or in abstract sounds.

Do you believe that dreams can forecast the future or give you insight about a personal conflict that you're dealing with

Only in very rare cases

Yes I was, especially in market one, where I later lose gravity.

What senses do you use when dreaming - which one do you not use ( for example I usually know I'm dreaming when I can't tastes something or feel water )
Only what is most important to meaning of it. So I use sight, sometimes hearing. Pretty much nothing else is used or I forgot about that (my dreams self-erase quickly after waking up).

No.

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
2,970 Posts
Had a dream last night where I was climbing a ladder up a giant skyscrapper. I was so high up I was above the clouds, all the other buildings were looking tiny down below.
Then I began to realize how terrifying this was and I began to freak out feeling stuck, and wanting to climb down but my hands were starting to hurt and slip and then I suddenly felt the ladder begin to buckle and lean away from the building. I fell to my death, I assume. I woke up quickly feeling very uneasy.

I have this sort of dream of being high above ground quite frequently, I hate it.

Yes my dream and others like that are always in regular colour from waking reality. Although the color choices can feel weird for certain things. I remember that building being all black, it seemed strangely out of place - all the other buildings were white-grey. It reminded me of the monolith from 2001 a Space Odyssey but with windows.

Visual. Never really lucid dreamed, though that dream I had felt almost like one. I was somewhat aware it wasn't real because I could not understand why I'd be doing something like this (I'm terrified of heights). It felt almost like a compulsion to get to the top that was unexplained.

Always more like a movie. No narration. There is sometimes dialogue though. Even on rare occasions music.

I don't know about forecasts or any psychic stuff, but I do find that they are implying something and I like trying to figure it out. Especially if a certain theme is frequent enough.

Can't say I remember any such experience..

Sight, hearing, touch. Other sensations appear sometimes, like in that dream there was a definite sense of fear, nausea and disorientation.

Nope.

·
Registered
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
That generally isn't important. It's a mixture between detailed and realistic dreams and silhouette dreams. More likely realistic and detailed dreams. Most important thing is my own state in them and weird adventures. Most of my dreams are horror or some kind of disturbing things. Very rarely there are wet dreams...

Practicaly never they are verbal, only visual. Sometimes lucid. Things just happen, there's no need for words. Common themes are being in my own town, but it's dark and I'm trying to escape someone; I'm in some fictional marketplace and once outside of it I lose sense of gravity, thus keep rising; me driving my dream car, accelerating, being unable to steer and brake, then crashing into building (hearing sound, however not seeing anything as I usually wake up instantly), it's like car is possessed (I don't even need to press gas and sometimes I'm in back seat); I'm in pinch of some monstrosity unable to defend myself thus end up being murdered; my own dead grandpa resurrected; I did something unthinkable and thus hated by everyone; me killing neighbors dog; my own family was killed by someone, while I wasn't at home. There also classical falling from stairs and waking up dream, but everyone has it at some point.

They have their own flow, words have no place there. Actions are smooth and everything of important is visual or in abstract sounds.

Only in very rare cases

Yes I was, especially in market one, where I later lose gravity.

Only what is most important to meaning of it. So I use sight, sometimes hearing. Pretty much nothing else is used or I forgot about that (my dreams self-erase quickly after waking up).

No.
That’s interesting how your dreams are rarely verbal- what about your inner thoughts ( when not dreaming ) is it more visual or verbal ?

* the people and environment in your dreams do you know them or most of them only exist in your subconscious or a bit of both ?

* how old were you when you first start remembering your dreams . When you saw your grandfather what was it like ?

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,959 Posts
That’s interesting how your dreams are rarely verbal
What about your inner thoughts ( when not dreaming ) is it more visual or verbal ?
Mostly verbal, but also abstractly and fragmentaly visual.

* the people and environment in your dreams do you know them or most of them only exist in your subconscious or a bit of both ?
lol people, rarely. Usually it's just me, sometimes there are some creatures, in rarer cases real life people, sometimes fictional but realistic looking people. Actually I even remember a name of one creature. It was Hydrachlorean. Surprisingly I remembered name even after I woke up. I wasn't sure if I encountered it myself in dream, but I think that in dream I heard a legend about him from someone. Too bad that after waking up I realized that name was kinda lame. It's just a mishmash of hydrogen and chlorine. It's kinda interesting, because English isn't my native language and dream was certainly in English. Until this point I didn't even knew word chlorine, I just assumed that it was chlor in English. In my native language it's chloras. Also hydrogen isn't close to native vandenilis. For me meaning of words isn't as important compared to how they sound, so it's even more confusing.

(that's in sleep dreams)

* how old were you when you first start remembering your dreams . When you saw your grandfather what was it like ?
My memory of dreams is completely random and limited only to some fragments of it, everything else self-deletes if attempted to recollect. It doesn't really matter how old I am or were since it is a random process and I certainly wouldn't remember much of my dreams from years before. I really don't know, but I don't think that it's something that started to happen lately.

The dreams with resurrected grandpa are kinda recent. He died in 2018-01-04 and I started to have some of those dreams only after 2-4 months since then. I think I had one just 3 or 4 months ago. They come at random and sometimes I am him looking at myself. Weird.

(that's in sleep dreams)

·
Corvus Cretin
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
20,972 Posts
While there's a lot about my dreams that I quickly forget after the dreams end one recurring thing that occurs in my dreams that I always remember is that whenever I run in a dream, it always feels like I'm running in slow motion. I've heard that this often happens in many others dreams too when they run. Why does this happen when I dream? What reasons could give a solid explanation for this super slow running and what does it mean?

161 - 170 of 170 Posts