Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your dreams? What do YOU want in your life? What do you want to happen in your future?

Me, I would like to become a Cosmetologist soon... I hope that after working a few years as one, that I'll open my own upscale salon somewhere and work hard as a boss. I also want to meet a great guy, get married, and have two children... One boy and one girl ideally. :laughing: I hope to live in a safe neighborhood somewhere with my family... Not sure where, but just anywhere where I can be happy and safe for my children to grow up and thrive in.

What about you guys?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Sounds like an awesome dream!

I also dream of having a family someday, but I'm slightly less hung up on having a hubby first. I made a pact with myself that by the time I turn 30 (ten years), if I didn't already have a hubby and kids, that I was just going to skip right over the hubby part and have kids of my own. It's comforting to know that I will be a mother someday, and lets me focus on the present a bit more.

I like the program I'm in in college right now, but I'd rather be in deaf education or studying to be a deaf interpreter. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to go to the school that provides that program, so I'm here for now, trying to get the next two and a half years of school under my belt.

I'd love to have the chance to hitchhike somewhere some summer, or just drop off the face of the planet and society for a year and just be. I'm drawn to the idea of a self-exile to really explore life and myself. Or join a traveling circus and be a carnie for a while :) It sounds really bad, but if it wouldn't destroy my mother, I'd cut off contact with my parents for a while just to breathe.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
logical job for money with a creative side job for enjoyment.

CS administrator with side job as a game designer. It sounds simple, but I know the depth and the extent I will be going to in order to get this done. Time is the only obstacle. :happy:

I want to help people, and be present and ABLE TO HELP those who want help. I don't want to state my wants about the future, because I have ideals, not aspirations. Nothing I do will be clicked without known controversy that needs help to get off the ground. If that makes any sense.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd love to have the chance to hitchhike somewhere some summer, or just drop off the face of the planet and society for a year and just be. I'm drawn to the idea of a self-exile to really explore life and myself. Or join a traveling circus and be a carnie for a while :) It sounds really bad, but if it wouldn't destroy my mother, I'd cut off contact with my parents for a while just to breathe.
Have you seen the movie Into The Wild? It got me thinking about self-exile. I would rather do it on an island than in alaska though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I want to marry to a wonderful woman and live with her the rest of my life. I want true love. I want to build a family and live in peace with them in a house far (not so far) from the big city and near the nature and the beach.
Also, I want to be an awesome Biology teacher. And I want to do researches and discover important things that can contribute to the world.

EDIT: I forgot to say I also want to be a good guitar player. I love the guitar. I'd like to learn how to play the drums too, actually.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
  • Marry the person I am meant to be with
  • Become one of the most creative people in the universe/ become someone influential relating to politics or global politics
  • Become more independent

·
Registered
391 Posts
I want to be a singer. To write lyrics and music that heal. To develop the healing qualities in my voice. To record and publish my music.

I also dream of finding a true friend irl. Someone who loves me as much as I love her. Someone who wants to spend time with me often, do things together. Someone who doesn't cringe at my (platonic) touch. Someone I can call any time, who will talk with me. Someone who trusts me as much as I trust her. Someone who will dry my tears, and trust me with hers. A special one, who loves me as a special one also. :sad:

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I'm having to reorder a lot of these things in my head because, well, I've suddenly had a light switch turned on in my life and realized that I don't have to or really want to settle for tolerable or adequate anymore.

Career - I will be a psychiatric nurse practitioner. It's going to take a lot of work and time since I am starting from nearly as far down as you can - LPN license without the college pre-reqs (yay for cheating through the army...) and a long road up to finding my way through to get my Bachelors in Nursing, my RN license, enough time in the field with that license and then being accepted into a program for a Masters w/focus on clinical psychiatry and then finally get prescribing authority... I'm looking at a minimum of ten years, longer if I don't get my ass in gear.

Family - I was ready to write this off, but I do want to find the man who I will spend the rest of my life with and be happy and never be bored and experience life in all its wild adventures with him. I do want to have children, two preferably, possibly three. I want to teach them how to live life to the fullest and not be afraid.

Where we'll be living or anything like that is so far up in the air because I really haven't decided. I love Colorado, but I also enjoyed Seattle/Tacoma area, and well, really anything up in the Pacific North West. I didn't mind the desert in Southern California/Arizona/Nevada. I wouldn't mind living out of the States either... Um, yeah, so, really that's more up for debate/adventure.

That's as far as I've gotten in that part of my thinking. Who knows where I'll be looking next.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also dream of finding a true friend irl. Someone who loves me as much as I love her. Someone who wants to spend time with me often, do things together. Someone who doesn't cringe at my (platonic) touch. Someone I can call any time, who will talk with me. Someone who trusts me as much as I trust her. Someone who will dry my tears, and trust me with hers. A special one, who loves me as a special one also. :sad:
Oh my God, are you me?!?

I seem to DREAM of having a best friend like this... Everything you described her is the exact description in what I want for a true best friend... I hope to find that person someday, and I hope you do as well! :blushed:

·
Registered
582 Posts
I want to become a wildlife biologist and actually make a living..Not a mediocre amount of money with student loan debt.
I want to travel to beautiful places and photograph landscapes, flowers and animals..anything exotic really
I want to start some type of charity or foundation for wildlife conservation..

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
I want to slow dance with a woman to John Lee Hooker's - My Dream.
I want to fall asleep snuggled up under a blanket with a woman.
I want to walk through the city and find the opportunity for random acts of kindness.
To be self confident in most situations and completely independent.
To go a country and befriend locals.
To be a better man.

·
Registered
24 Posts
-I want to become a man. Not just some boy who thinks he's a man, or a musclebound ignoramus who thinks manliness is all about hot chicks, grilling, and monster trucks, but an authentic man of virtue and intelligence.
-I want to become a great artist, and land a career in animation. I'd love to be the next Stephen Hillenburg or Pen Ward, but I just hope that I can have a business partner who can be the assertive/directive voice.
-The thought of being a missionary field for two years is good for character. Spreading hope and joy while battling some of my inner demons is a choice rite of passage into manhood(for me at least).
-Someday, I want to wander around the country before I get married.
-If I ever get married in the first place, I would want to have a loving wife, with two beautiful children. If I ever have a son, I am naming him Benvolio. If there's a girl, she's being named Maria. The simple thought of reading 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea to a little daughter or son of mine is charming to me.
-I wish to make restitution to all the people I've hurt out of ignorance.
-Owning a cat(even though I'm allergic), or two. Maybe even three.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hope to travel to many places in all the continents - even antartica if possible - and take a single shot off a polaroid of a landscape or maybe even a person or a tree or anything that really summed up the place for me.

I want to have met the love of my life - the definition of "love of life" is unknown to me, I think I'll know when they come along.

I want to have a lot of sex.

I want to be wise.

I want to be creative, make deep connections, and maybe have a family of my own.

I want to have made the world a better place in some way, for some one, before I bite the dust.

Reactions: lifeisanillusion

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts
I'd like to live in a home one day (or an apartment) without having to worry about whether the income is enough to cover the expenses. I'd also like to be living in a place with snow every year so that when it's winter it'll be pretty and snowy and cold.

I'd also like to get a degree in something. Ancient history, Philosophy, Psychology, or something else, I'm not too sure.

I would like to learn another language.

I'd also love to travel across the country on a train...

Those are some :happy:.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
To travel. I want to do lots of back country skiing and hiking in the mountains. I also enjoy learing about different cultures. Maybe own a nice little coffee shop somewhere in the mountains.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts