Personality Cafe banner

What Are Your Favorite Monsters?

[INFP] 
1K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Super Luigi 
#1 ·
In the spirit of Halloween, what are your favorite monsters? Do you relate to them? How do you type them as?

#6 ·
For me personally, it's gotta be Kane.

A seven-foot, 300-pound, remorseless, tortured, sadistic sociopath of a monster who walks through hell, fire, and brimstone, wreaking havoc and causing widespread destruction upon anyone who dares set foot in his path. We just recently passed the twentieth anniversary of the introduction of the character in October 1997. Truly sports-entertainment's version of Michael Myers.

#7 ·
Figurine Lawn ornament Garden gnome Fictional character Animation

I don't relate to Roz at all, but she was my favorite character in Monsters, Inc.

Totally taking a stab in the dark at this but ISTJ 1w9

I joke, I joke (but seriously, I love Roz). My favorite monster is probably the dragon. (Not necessarily Halloweeny, but I guess they're still monsters.)

I'd like to think that they have individual personalities, so I'm not sure how I'd relate to them or type them, but if I'm going to try and type them based off of what is typically expected of dragons...

ENTJ 8w7 sx/sp

Reactions: 7rr7s
#8 ·
I like giant spiders. :blushed:
I guess the way I relate to them is Id like to be eaten by one because theyre so spooky.
And I would type them INTJ just because I like INTJs.

Reactions: Judson Joist
#9 ·
My favorite monsters are the Munsters :happy:

I guess I relate to them because they are a close family.
They do things a little differently from the norm.
They often seem naïve to others, but they're not dumb.
Even though things are different about them, it always works out in the end.
Life is fun, and it's okay to be oblivious to the way everyone else wants you to be.
They encourage me to be curious about what I don't understand, rather than afraid.

I don't know what I'd type them as, but they're complimentary to each other!

#16 ·
Onryō.

:kitteh:

"In traditional beliefs of Japan and in literature, onryō (怨霊, literally "vengeful spirit", sometimes rendered "wrathful spirit") refers to a ghost (yūrei) believed capable of causing harm in the world of the living, harming or killing enemies, or even causing natural disasters to exact vengeance to redress the wrongs it received while alive then takes their spirits from their dying bodies."

The character (Hisako, Killer Instinct) in my avatar picture is an onryō. I purchased Killer Instinct a few years back for two reasons. The fact I played the original as a kid and I am very much a nostalgic person, but more importantly, because of Hisako. Unfortunately, I am the least competitive person on Earth, so I quickly stopped playing the game.

#20 ·
Definitely południce. They are demons from Slavic mythology, looking like women wearing white dresses and carrying a sickle. People used to believe, that they are walking through the fields, killing everyone they met or causing a terrible headache. They were also believed to kidnap children and bury them alive. Południce are created of souls from women who died after their proposal or shortly after marriage.

#24 ·

Ickis from 'Aaahh! Real Monsters!'. Likely INTP, though more "emo" than "nerd." The neurosis, the anxiety, the food addictions, the inferiority complex, the moments of manic delirium, the tendency to indulge in escapism. Yeah, I can totally relate to him.
:tongue:

#25 ·
Another monster I like very much, since I first saw him back in the late 90s.

"S.T.A.R.S..."

The concept of an almost unstoppable, almost unkillable beast chasing Jill through Raccoon City amazed me at the time. Resident Evil 1, for the most part, had very basic zombies (understandable as it was the first game and they improved this aspect in the remake), Resident Evil 2 gave us G (the mutated William Birkin), but as good as G's mutations looked, he wasn't nearly as scary as Nemesis T-Type in Resident Evil 3.

Nemesis was the first monster in a video game to make me put the controller down because I couldn't handle the stress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.