Personality Cafe banner

What are your favourite (types of) colours?

• Brown

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Black

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Grey

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • White

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Orange

• Red

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Pink

• Purple

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Blue

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Green

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Metallic/Shiny Colours

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Matte Colours

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Bright/Intense Colours

• Dull Colours

• Light Colours

• Dark Colours

Votes: 10 25.6%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Color preference probably doesn't have anything to do with personality type but I thought it'd be a fun little poll, and who knows, maybe the results will be interesting :happy:

I also vaguely recall taking a personality test which was to do with picking colours in order of most favourite to least favourite.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm a mouse! :crazy:
..says the person with the cat avatar :crazy:

Grey is better than fluoro any day :happy:

Hmmm...I forgot to put 'fluoro' as a choice though I guess it comes under bright colours.

I generally like the more peaceful/calm colours as opposed to the yellows/oranges/reds

·
Registered
295 Posts
I love red. I like bold colours in general though, not pastel shades.

Reactions: Elysia and niss

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Just to clarify my choice of Blue/Intense:

I like blue, particularly along the lines of a deep royal blue. However, I don't wear such colors, for the most part. I wear grays, tans, blacks, greens, blues, reds, etc., but all of a much more muted intensity.

Reactions: Elysia

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Not going to partipate in the poll cuz I don't belong here (Purple FTW!) but I remember taking an online test like what the OP described, picking colors in order of preference and the results of the test were astonishingly accurate. (I usually don't put a lot of stock in that sort of thing)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Black is my favorite, and I like contrasting colors like black and neon green.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I remember taking an online test like what the OP described, picking colors in order of preference and the results of the test were astonishingly accurate. (I usually don't put a lot of stock in that sort of thing)
Yea, I think my rest was pretty accurate too (logical etc)

You forgot silver! D':...oh well. My probably absolute favorite color is the dark shade of blue that is cast by light streaming through a storm front...like in this picture. Google Image Result for http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/144/overrides/cloudsforetelltornado-752110_14465_470x300.jpg
Haha I figured that people who liked silver can just check the 'metallics' and 'grey' button :crazy: It's also why I didn't put gold as a choice :tongue:

That picture of the storm/house is pretty. I find that slightly disturbing as I should probably be thinking it's spooky.

Black is my favorite, and I like contrasting colors like black and neon green.
Wow, I'm definitely the opposite. If I was in a room with the walls painted constrasting black and neon green I'd be outta there :crazy:

I don't have a favorite color.
You're officially the first person I have ever met that doesn't have a favourite colour :happy:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I chose brown, black, grey, white, red, green, and dark colours.

Black, grey, and white, because... well, the typical ISTJ reasons. :tongue: They're neutral, practical, and unobtrusive. They go with everything.

Brown and green were more because I like nature. I'm not crazy about brown as just a color, but if we're talking trees, hardwood floors, or rich, moist earth, then I love it. Green is calming and peaceful.

And red--especially deep red--has always been my absolute favorite color. It's just gorgeous, don't ask me why. I can actually remember staring at a red stripe on my shirt when I was about 6-8 years old, just thinking about how beautiful the color was. :laughing:

EDIT: After posting this, I decided to Google a couple of those color personality tests.

http://shapetest.com/

^And this one actually took me by surprise. It's... well, it's deep.

Reactions: niss and Sela

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I chose brown, black, grey, white, red, green, and dark colours.

Black, grey, and white, because... well, the typical ISTJ reasons. :tongue: They're neutral, practical, and unobtrusive. They go with everything.

Brown and green were more because I like nature. I'm not crazy about brown as just a color, but if we're talking trees, hardwood floors, or rich, moist earth, then I love it. Green is calming and peaceful.

And red--especially deep red--has always been my absolute favorite color. It's just gorgeous, don't ask me why. I can actually remember staring at a red stripe on my shirt when I was about 6-8 years old, just thinking about how beautiful the color was. :laughing:
I wear a lot of blacks and greys simply because they match with everything and are more practical to buy. I do find them quite boring though.

I like greens and blues because they remind me of nature. Brown not so much but brown in the sense you meant, yes.

If I had to choose a shade of red, I'd choose a deep blue-based red.

Ok, I'm a sucker.:laughing::crazy::tongue:
My results to the 'shape test':

Diagnostic Overview:
Your responses indicate that you're basically normal, except for your obsession with sheep and running naked in the moonlight. Electroshock therapy might help; taking foolish inkblot tests on the internet sure as hell won't. Get a hobby (one not involving sheep) and try to keep your twisted impulses under control. People who answer as you did grow up to be successful prostitutes or drug-dealers (or both).

Long-Term Prognosis:
Your impairments will prevent you from holding a job, dating, having friends, experiencing love, or trusting other people. In other words, you're perfectly suited to become a patent attorney or game show host. Your obsession with hoarding means your creepy apartment will be jammed to the ceiling with old newspapers and discarded Kentucky Fried Chicken containers.

Additional Fears:
You're also afraid of gainful employment, bathtubs, and cats. This is silly- when was the last time cats caused you any harm?

:crazy:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
^^This is the same response I had. I suspect it is the only response.:cool:

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^This is the same response I had. I suspect it is the only response.:cool:
Unfortunately no. I chose the shapes I most disliked and the result was this:

Diagnostic Overview:
Your responses indicate that you are almost certain to die in a whorehouse, but not as a customer. Your self-destructive impulses could be put to good use and channeled creatively, but we both know that'll never happen. You also watch way too much Oprah. People who answer as you did are often hopeless idiots whose sole purpose in life is to serve as a bad example.

Long-Term Prognosis:
Your wild mood swings and fanatical belief in the Teletubbies will cause you trouble in life, the same way ice "caused trouble" for the Titanic. Don't feel bad- lots of worthless, messed-up people have similar problems, and you'll probably marry one. You're the kind of person that keeps divorce attorneys and homicide detectives in business.

Additional Fears:
You're also afraid of oyster soup, Pee Wee Herman, and hairbrushes. This is silly- when was the last time hairbrushes caused you any harm?

However this does mean that we probably picked the same colours/shapes initially so perhaps there is something to do with personality types and shapes/colours we like :crazy:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
My result

Diagnostic Overview:
Your responses indicate that you're basically normal, except for your obsession with sheep and running naked in the moonlight. Electroshock therapy might help; taking foolish inkblot tests on the internet sure as hell won't. Get a hobby (one not involving sheep) and try to keep your twisted impulses under control. People who answer as you did are usually reckless fools and terrible drivers.

Long-Term Prognosis:
Your impairments will prevent you from holding a job, dating, having friends, experiencing love, or trusting other people. In other words, you're perfectly suited to become a patent attorney or game show host. Your obsession with hoarding means your creepy apartment will be jammed to the ceiling with old newspapers and discarded Kentucky Fried Chicken containers.

Additional Fears:
You're also afraid of Wednesdays, cats, and gainful employment. This is silly- when was the last time gainful employment caused you any harm
?

I'm rather uninspired....

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
My only concern was...how did they know about the sheep and running naked in the moonlight?:tongue:

Reactions: Elysia
1 - 20 of 51 Posts