Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is inspired from the INTJs' forum. Pardon me if this was already created before.

*Cockroaches (I'm trying to overcome the fear)
* fear of being one of the common people in the crowd.
*having an unsuccessful life without achieving my dreams
* fear of being manipulated and used
* fear of being raped and inability to fight

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Heights. Shoot me now. I can't even walk easily on the second floor in shopping malls... Airplanes go along with this one. I get dizzy too.

Elevators. I am a bit claustrophobic. o__o I especially hate glass elevators that take you up somewhere high. Again, shoot me now.

The more serious fear of being blind to a different perspective.

I fear making mistakes. That sounds silly, but it's definitely there.

Going deaf. I'd rather be blind and mute combined than be deaf.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Heights. Shoot me now. I can't even walk easily on the second floor in shopping malls... Airplanes go along with this one. I get dizzy too.

Elevators. I am a bit claustrophobic. o__o I especially hate glass elevators that take you up somewhere high. Again, shoot me now.

The more serious fear of being blind to a different perspective.

I fear making mistakes. That sounds silly, but it's definitely there.

Going deaf. I'd rather be blind and mute combined than be deaf.
That's a tough one, about going blind and mute..
Although I'm absolutely obsessed with music, I would go nuts if I was unable to chat it up with my friends.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Not being successful: Ever since I was young, I always would come up with a million back up plans.. But what if none of them work either?
I'm really not that afraid, but sometimes things look bleak.. And my Dad's an ENTJ, I'm sure he probably has some expectations.

And most of all, not being able to move out of this town:
This one is mostly a worry that affect the upcoming year? maybe.
I live in a TINY town of 1740 people.. I hate it.. They're a bunch of weird southern people, many of them border on redneckdom.
I hate it.. Anyway, there aren't really jobs around her.. Most people drive about 18 miles to their jobs.
I need money to get a car, but don't have a job to get money, to get a car.
That's why I am planning on building my pulsed laser gun soon... If I can build it, and sell the schematics (ha.. what schematics. lol), and make a lot of money.. I can finally move out, to a large city.

I actually wanted to move out by 17, but on my birthday, my mom told me that there is no way that I'm moving out before I graduate.
And she refused to let me graduate early (finish stuff at a higher pace), because she didn't want me to move out early.
But now I am 18, so it's about time I go on my way.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Spiders, big black hairy ones.
Drowning
Being raped and beaten.
How i die, probably the only unknown that frightens me.
Losing my independence ( sight, hearing, physically mobile )
Flying. Long flights over seas/oceans/water. Again relates to drowning ( possibility of crashing )

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
That's a tough one, about going blind and mute..
Although I'm absolutely obsessed with music, I would go nuts if I was unable to chat it up with my friends.
But not being able to hear anything ever again? Count me out! O_O Even if I were to be blind or mute, I could still compose and play music, and hear other people speak. I would overcome communication issues. I would be able to still play the piano, too. I could still share pieces of music with people.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
But not being able to hear anything ever again? Count me out! O_O Even if I were to be blind or mute, I could still compose and play music, and hear other people speak. I would overcome communication issues. I would be able to still play the piano, too. I could still share pieces of music with people.
Fair enough.. I'd really rather just not think about it though.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
My greatest fear is losing passion for life, things that interest me, people, etc. I want to always be able to feel strongly about something in my life. Losing that would be far worse than brutal torture and a slow painful death.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My greatest fear is losing passion for life, things that interest me, people, etc. I want to always be able to feel strongly about something in my life. Losing that would be far worse than brutal torture and a slow painful death.
I think I can relate to this too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Drowning
Heights
Death, disease, vehicle crashes
Insects
Rejection
Becoming blind

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
32 Posts
Things that I can change like ending up unsuccesful are things I have (some) influence in, I fear it but I know I can fight it.

What really freaks me out are inner fears that come from inside, like ending up alone. Sometimes I picture myself waking up and realising everyone in my life is gone.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ultimate - of dying unhappy

Other - of being controlled, of being tortured, of not completing my bucket list

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reply people.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
It must be the season... this exact topic came up in a group of people I was hanging around with and we beat it to death. Since then, I have thought about it more.

At this point in my life, I cannot come up with anything that I am honestly afraid of. Over the years, three things have helped that happen:

• I have faced many of my fears along the way and most of them have turned out to be far less scary than I had made them out to be. The "worst case scenario" almost never happens.
  • As I have worked toward living more in today, I worry a lot less about what *might* happen and I prepare more for what is *likely* to happen.
  • I am better prepared to face the things that might have previously scared me and know that I can hold my own if they actually happen. Prepare for the worst and you will usually be over prepared.

It works for me, but your mileage may vary.

With that said, I don't much like spiders, but I am not *afraid* of them. Just don't drop one down my shirt or I might run around in circles like a little girl with a spider down her shirt...

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
--- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

1 - 20 of 39 Posts