Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

since I'm fascinated by MBTI at the moment, I've made some of my friends do the test, as well, and would be curious to hear what types my fellow INTPs spend time with. I hope there hasn't been a thread like this already!
My closest friend is an ENTP who can be pretty infuriating sometimes, but also very interesting to talk to. He's infuriating because he's vain, not self-critical, can be patronising (thinks he knows exactly what I'm thinking), somewhat pedantic and aggressive. Still, we share many common interests and outlooks and conversations are usually very interesting.
Another of my close friends has tested as an ISTP. I get on very well with him on a daily basis, in fact he never annoys me like the ENTP does, but I certainly couldn't have similarly interesting conversations with him, since he is more down to earth and not terribly interested in more abstract things.
I haven't tested any others yet, though I'm eager to! :laughing: I'm pretty sure one is an ESFP Entertainer and another is somewhere between an ISTJ and an INTJ.
What are your friends like? What type annoys you?

·
Registered
988 Posts
The teacher I was closest to was an INTJ; he was...odd, though, and not entirely to my liking. The only acquaintance I have typed is an ISFP, and I more or less made her a springboard for my ideas, and vice versa, and we never quite became 'friends' in the intimate sense, because we were never interested in the same topics, on the same 'level', so to speak. As for my former neighbor (most likely voted as 'friend'), I have inclinations towards INFJ, and my accomplices in writing were most likely INFP's and ISTP's, judging by their behavior.

So...more or less, Introverts Unite. The only Extrovert I saw on a daily basis was most likely an ESFJ, and I more or less disliked her. A bit of an attention-seeker, she was. :dry:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well, my best friend is an ISTJ. She's grounded, down to earth although she can get the gist of what I'm saying most of the time. Then there's my ISFP friend... we're not that close and don't have a connection (although he keeps insisting that we do...). It's funny because someone else on this thread mentioned that her ISFP friend was like a springboard for her ideas... Omg, that's the same here for me. Although he never really understood my motivation and intentions for those ideas. But oh well, it's better than discussing them with my ESFJ cousin. God, within less than half a minute she'd be twirling her hair and going something along the lines of, "Eurgh, I think I've gotten fatter! Do you think so???"... it's tiresome because she's obviously looking for an ego stroke. I rarely do that (only to shut her up) which just pisses her off, much to my amusement ~

Anyway, I think I would get along well with any NT,NF and ISTJs. They could get me on different levels.
SFs.. not so much, but ISFX are alright.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
One who I know took a test is ENFP.

Others, I've tried to type, but I don't think I'm very good at it. I type almost everyone as an N, and it isn't clear to me whether that's my inability to distinguish between N and S or if it's just a coincidence. One friend is, I think, INTP, but I'm never sure if I just find the things we have in common and exaggerate them. My other close friend is ENTJ. Those two are pretty big leaps. I don't bring up MBTI to my friends unless they've already expressed some sort of interest though. I'd be interested to have more of my friends tested so I knew their types.

·
Banned
596 Posts
My band:

Vocals - ESTP
Other Guitarist - ISTP
Bass - ESTP
Drums - INFJ

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
This is all speculation:

IN/SFJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP, ISTP, ENTP...

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
My three friends are ISTP, INFP, and ESFJ.

My father is ISTJ. My mom is INTP. Siblings: Sisters- ISFJ, ISFP. Brother- not sure what type he is.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have friends of all different personality types, but my closest friends are mostly INTJs or INFJs (I think). One of my very best friends is an ISTJ, though that is an anomaly as I usually don't connect with Sensors.

I've had a couple of INTP friends. I like them, but I usually can't get super close to them. I can't put my finger on why that is. It's weird.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I only know a few for sure;

ENTP x2
INTP
INFP
ESTP x2
ESFP

The rest would be speculation.

I call myself a "vanilla NT," because after tireless research I've wound up in the position of my whole Ti/Te/Ni/Ne thing being so balanced that I just said "fuck it."

:tongue:

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
I have friends of all different personality types, but my closest friends are mostly INTJs or INFJs (I think). One of my very best friends is an ISTJ, though that is an anomaly as I usually don't connect with Sensors.

I've had a couple of INTP friends. I like them, but I usually can't get super close to them. I can't put my finger on why that is. It's weird.
Maybe it's because INTPs need their space. I don't let people close to me (unless it's a significant other). I have tried multiple times but have never succeeded.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't have any friends {{spooky voice}} will you be my friend?

Erhem. Scrub that. I don't really have any close friends, more acquaintances, apart from my SOH, who is ISFP..maybe J...hmmm

I think INTP get on with most people, most of the time. I get on very well with ENTP, but the only other INTP (for definite) I know is my dad. A few ExFx irritate me with their over-exuberance...

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Maybe it's because INTPs need their space. I don't let people close to me (unless it's a significant other). I have tried multiple times but have never succeeded.
I want close friends, it's stupid defense mechanisms that get in the way, but I am trying to work on being better about letting people in!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can give a different perspective for you INTPs! I have many friends that see me regularly but only those that can hold a meaningful and intellectual conversation are usually the NTs. Having that said, the best conversations I have had were always with INTPs simply because the P lifestyle is preferred on my part. I can be very vulgar, random, and straight forward without offending them. Even if they are offended, I think they just keep quiet about it. Good thing is (I hope!), they don't hold grudges or view me in a peculiar way at least that is what one of my INTP friend told me. :tongue: Having that said, most of these discussion friends I make are INTPs. The old (people from past association) friends often are not and I hold back on many of my thoughts so in essence they will never truly understand what goes on in my head and why I look at things the way they are.

Hi everyone,

since I'm fascinated by MBTI at the moment, I've made some of my friends do the test, as well, and would be curious to hear what types my fellow INTPs spend time with. I hope there hasn't been a thread like this already!
My closest friend is an ENTP who can be pretty infuriating sometimes, but also very interesting to talk to. He's infuriating because he's vain, not self-critical, can be patronising (thinks he knows exactly what I'm thinking), somewhat pedantic and aggressive. Still, we share many common interests and outlooks and conversations are usually very interesting.
Another of my close friends has tested as an ISTP. I get on very well with him on a daily basis, in fact he never annoys me like the ENTP does, but I certainly couldn't have similarly interesting conversations with him, since he is more down to earth and not terribly interested in more abstract things.
I haven't tested any others yet, though I'm eager to! :laughing: I'm pretty sure one is an ESFP Entertainer and another is somewhere between an ISTJ and an INTJ.
What are your friends like? What type annoys you?
I think ENTPs can definitely be infuriating but it also has to do with the maturity of the Fe tertiary function.By developing the Fe tertiary function, the ENTP would understand that they have offended somebody. We may seem patronizing only if our ideas clash or if both party has hit some misunderstanding. In my world, I just wanted to get my opinion out of my mouth, not to make things uncomfortable. My way to clarify the situation is to state that whatever discussion we have are only opinions and there is not a right answer to anything. This allows myself and my INTP friend some space between us. I hope...Anyway, I think this occurs because, being the NTs we are, we put a lot of confidence behind our logic. So if anything does not agree, an alarm goes off.

I still love INTPs because I can be vulgar, crazy, wild, and talk about anything with them. ENTPs must be very mature to keep that conversation with me, which I think is rarer than INTPs in general. After all, I think ENTPs are kids whenever there is nothing serious to take care off. I am one :crazy:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts