Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your hobbies and interests that you enjoy. Post photos to if you want.
I thought this would be a good way to get to know one another by sharing what we like doing.

These are the things I enjoy...

I love photography. It is something I started doing about two years ago. I photograph mostly nature and wildlife. I enjoy sharing the beauty I see with others.

I do a lot of reading. I read a lot of self-improvement and spiritual stuff. I visit our local library a lot. I also love to write poetry.

I love vintage things and antiques. Antique shops are so much fun and I love visiting historical places. If it is haunted...that's even better.

I love to hike and spend time in nature. We live close to Lake Michigan so I spend a lot of time there. I also like birdwatching.

I like gardening and I am interested in self sufficient living.

I like making things with my hands. My first passion was cross-stitch but I am learning a few other things like crochet and sewing. I also love to cook and try new recipes.

I collect old rag dolls. And I have a small collection of Russian Nesting Dolls.

And I love doing family research. You wouldn't believe the skeletons I found in the family closet.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I love threads like this!:):

I like:
-Reading (especially psychology, self-help, topics on autism and other conditions I have, philosophy, young-adult and some children's, some fantasy, soft science-fiction, magical realism, fairy tales, mythology, and non-fiction about archetypes, fairy tales, and mythology.
-Watching anime and reading manga (as well as some other comics like Sandman)
-Writing of all kinds, but journalism
-Hiking/going for walks in natural areas
-Spending time with friends, doing almost anything
-I have a large collection of My Little Ponies and unicorns (and other things fantasy-related)
-I have a small collection of Pullip dolls (expensive Japanese dolls)
-Tarot card reading
-Meditation
-Watching movies and some television series
-Art (drawing and painting with watercolor or acrylics)
Here is one of my drawings and a couple of my paintings:

2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
-Watching movies and some television series
What are your favorite movies and television shows?

I love Jane Austen movies. I like a lot of BBC movies. I also like; Wuthering Heights, Little Women, all of the Anne of Green Gable movies, Australia, Ever After, and the Love Comes Softly movie series. I don't watch a lot of television but I do like anything on HGTV, the History channel and the Hallmark channel. I have always loved the Little House On The Prairie series. I am going to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum when we go on vacation in May. I just started watching a show called Obscura Antiques & Oddities. I love that show and I would love to visit their store. :)

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I love Ever After!:D I also love Labyrinth, Amelie, The Fountain, American Psycho, Stardust, Mean Girls, and Disney movies. For television I like Lost, Once Upon a Time, a lot of cartoons, Who's the Boss?, and The Facts of Life. I want to watch American Gothic and Downton Abbey. I would like to watch more movies based on Jane Austen's books... I liked Pride and Prejudice (the book and a movie version I saw many years ago).

Edit: I also watch Pretty Little Liars.

What are your favorite movies and television shows?

I love Jane Austen movies. I like a lot of BBC movies. I also like; Wuthering Heights, Little Women, all of the Anne of Green Gable movies, Australia, Ever After, and the Love Comes Softly movie series. I don't watch a lot of television but I do like anything on HGTV, the History channel and the Hallmark channel. I have always loved the Little House On The Prairie series. I am going to visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum when we go on vacation in May. I just started watching a show called Obscura Antiques & Oddities. I love that show and I would love to visit their store. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
snowangel, pretty much everything you mentioned I am interested in. Have not fully explored those interests though. I do a little bit of reading (used to read much more as a child and teen), walk around the neighborhood, always take time to look at the birds... Hiking is something I have been very interested in doing lately. I have never been really active so it would be cool to have that sort of activity in my life. I'd like to have a little garden. And use my sewing machine! I seem to struggle with motivating myself to take action and do the things I want. May I ask how you motivate yourself? How do you keep up with your hobbies and not leave behind a bunch of started projects to never finish them?

2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snowangel, pretty much everything you mentioned I am interested in. Have not fully explored those interests though. I do a little bit of reading (used to read much more as a child and teen), walk around the neighborhood, always take time to look at the birds... Hiking is something I have been very interested in doing lately. I have never been really active so it would be cool to have that sort of activity in my life. I'd like to have a little garden. And use my sewing machine! I seem to struggle with motivating myself to take action and do the things I want. May I ask how you motivate yourself? How do you keep up with your hobbies and not leave behind a bunch of started projects to never finish them?
I noticed that I start a lot of things. And not every project gets finished either. I have a lot of unfinished projects. I need to work on that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts