Personality Cafe banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just one more food decision loop, I promise (though I cannot speak for everyone else, which makes that statement useless), :tongue:
Me (INFP), Sister (ENFX), Father (IXTJ):

Dad (while driving): Let's go out to eat somewhere. Where do you guys want to go?
Sister: *talking to me* Uh, where do you want to go?
Me: I don't care, you can choose anything.
Sister: Yeah, but I don't know where, you choose.
Me: But I chose last time, it's your turn...
Sister: Fine, how about 'so-and-so'
Me: Eh......how about something else...
Meanwhile my dad is calmly resisting the urge to kick us both out of the car XD.

Back to the thread,
of the INFPs that I know, I have typed in secret:ninja:,
so I have no idea if I am a reliable source or not.
Now that I remember, there was this one girl who I think was an INFP.
We would have really good conversations online,
But in real life we were a bit too shy to even say hello to each other :laughing:,
or maybe it was just me.

Although I guess an INFP's introversion may be translated as antisocial behavior at times,
I'm always willing to talk if you start the conversation,
Unless I'm not feeling like it.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,592 Posts
I thought topic said "honest" opinions? Why is this thread so full of evasive maneuvers then? lol

No not trolling, just sayin.

Would you guys sacrifice authenticity for harmony?
Huh? Really?! *looks around* :rolleyes:

As for authenticity versus harmony, there are things that will affect that at any given moment. If im feeling shy and insecure, i'll probably keep the peace but feel resentful through gritted teeth. And the worse the value violation, the more likely I am to speak up. I try to do the balance thing and be diplomatic though.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i have an infp friend

i think hes a victim of his emotions

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I think INFPs can offer the world a lot of meaningful creations. It just a matter of them getting up, going out there and doing it. Coinciding their values, ideals, imagination with action, they can create beautiful things.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I know 4 in real life :)
And they rock my world!

Enough for one to be a very good friend of mine :)
She's so funny and we can't stop laughing around one another!

I'm even going on a date with one this Saturday!
So the ones I know have been great :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know two INFP males. Both seem a little flaky in terms of getting things done.

I love their dreamlike qualities and artistic points of view.

If they get emotional, I can usually console them with a mix of empathy and rationality.

If they open up and show you a fantasy or a memory, it is magical.

·
MOTM June 2012
9,331 Posts
INFP. Insecure. Negative. Forgettable. Pathetic. Probably the worst type. I can't stand them. So whiny, emotional, helpless. Ugh. makes me sick. SO depressing, immature, can't think logically AT ALL, awkward as all hell socially, I really feel sorry for them. If I could push an NF off a cliff, you bet it'd be INFP. Too bad they aren;t like lemmings and they'd just walk off on their own. Ohhh and their subforum is one giant cesspool. Worst forum on PerC EVER.

LOL JK JK YOU GUYS RULE!!! So uhhh pretty much the complete opposite of everything I said above haha. Here, have some icecream INFPs, you deserve it!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Don't want to offend anyone but they are really annoying... way too sensitive and are forever stuck in the "teenage girl" phase. Maybe mature INFPs aren't that way, but so far, that's my opinion on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What do I think of myself? I would never date someone like me. LOL! On a more serious note, one of my closest friend is typed as an INFP. They are wonderful as friends because we spend hours day dreaming about things together and are always supportive in whatever crazy ideas I come up with. They will actually do them with me! What I dislike is how slow moving INFP's can be. Sometimes I would like to get things done by a certain time and he takes his sweet time and tells me to calm down...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I really don't know. I know quite a bunch of INFPs. My sister is hot and cold - when she's warm, she's really warm, but she can definitely throw me under the bus if she feels a slight bit conflicted and just invalidates me emotionally. She runs away from conflicts, but I thrive with conflict as it is a chance for us to come to an understanding and grow. My boyfriend is one, and he's very warm in nature. He feels internally conflicted and sensitive to the feelings and thoughts of people around him, but we have a great way of talking and supporting each other. He too runs from conflict, but he comes back and talks it out. Another friend of mine is all about authenticity - there is a novelty in being different. They're all different shades of cool, but you really don't want to hurt these soft souls or hard son of a banshee.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts