Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Also, do you get along with your parents?

From what I've observed personality types aren't hereditary. I constantly clash with my ESFJ mother and INTJ father.

·
Registered
938 Posts
ESFJ mother, INTP father. I get along with both of them great now, but growing up, my dad and I had a hard time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ESFJ mother, INTP father. I get along with both of them great now, but growing up, my dad and I had a hard time.
yeah, I can see an INFP and an INTP clashing a lot. And ESFJs make very caring mothers.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Mother ESFP, father INTJ (no wonder they are no longer together :) ) ...so I'm a perfect hybrid :) I get along with them great, particularly when I try to relate to them through those two letters we share :)

Reactions: emmamadden

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mum: ISFP, dad: INFJ. I get along really well with my dad, we talk about ideas and have similar thoughts about a lot of things. Clash with my mum quite a lot, because we are so different. We have completely different priorities and opinions and have trouble even communicating - let alone agreeing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My mum's an ISFJ. We don't get along that well, our values are just too different. She's also a very judgmental and prejudiced person who tends to see the world in black and white. The only reason we don't clash so often is that I rarely say what I'm thinking.

My dad was an INTJ and I got along with him very well. He was a tinkerer, always looking to improve things. We shared our rather weird sense of humour and a way of looking at the world, a sort of positivity... (And it's killing me to have to use the past tense when talking about him.)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
My Dad is an INTJ, my mom is an ISFJ, and I am an INTP. I like them both, but, seeing as how they're both J's, they tell me off if they think I'm not doing something productive.
Trust me I'm in the same position. Being an ESTP with J parents can be very restricting on me. My mom complains about my carelessness and spontaneity while my dad gives me that "are you fucking kidding me" look after every dumb thing I do or say.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My Dad: ISTJ

Mom: ENTJ

Me: ISFP

Trust me I'm in the same position. Being an ESTP with J parents can be very restricting on me. My mom complains about my carelessness and spontaneity while my dad gives me that "are you fucking kidding me" look after every dumb thing I do or say.
I feel you. Imagine having an extraverted thinking dominant parent...

·
Registered
269 Posts
My mom got ESTJ on an online test, but I think she might actually be an ISTJ. My dad got ESFJ, which seems accurate. As you might expect, I sometimes disagree with my mom's less empathetic approach and their SJ "accept traditional society as it is" worldview, but I have good relationships with them.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
ESFJ mom and INTJ dad. We get along great now, but Mom and I had some epic battles when I was a teen.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm literally the only NF in my entire extended family, even the only N.

Dad: ESTP
Mom: ISFJ
Grandma: ISFJ
Great Grandma: ESFP
Aunts: ESTJ, ESFP
Uncles: ISTJ, ISFJ
Sisters: ISFJ, ISTJ
Cousins: ESFJ, ISTJ, ESFP, ISTJ, ESFP
Me: ENFP

And they wonder why I find MBTI so validating....

I don't get along very well with my parents. But we aren't constantly at odds either. They are awesome and our personalities I think have t times caused white a problem.

Reactions: Jessica1173

·
Registered
354 Posts
On one test my mom got ISFJ and on another she got ESFP. I'm pretty sure she's ESFJ, and that's what I've told her. Whatever she is, she definitely uses Si and I'm quite sure that she's an extrovert. I gave my dad one test and he got INTP, I'm not sure if it's right or not. I would have said he's a sensing type cause he's so pragmatic and outdoorsy etc. I'm pretty sure he uses Se too. I'm thinking he's ISTP. I'm quite sure he's a thinking type that uses Fe. I asked him about morality and he said he can objectively explain why he believes certain things are right and wrong. I don't think one could say anything that sounds more like a thinking type using Fe. :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts