Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's their relationship like? Are you married to/do you see yourself marrying someone like one of your parents?
I think my mom is an ISFJ and my dad is an ISTP. Their marriage= EPIC FAIL. I don't want my future spouse to be at all like either of my parents. They never communicated their intentions properly to each other and my dad never expressed his feelings. Their F and T functions really clashed, but if they had made an effort they probably could have coped with it better. After witnessing the slow death of their relationship, I'm convinced that as an F, it is necessary for me to marry an F who is sensitive and in tune with his emotions and easily expresses them.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My mom is an ENTJ, my step dad is an ESFJ, not sure what my biological father was. My step brother is an ISFJ, and my sister an ESFJ. You can see where being an INTP could cause problems lol. Well, my little sister is only 11 so her type is up for debate, especially the whole J/P, I think the other ones are accurate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My mom is an ENTP. I'm not really sure about my dad I just know he's probably a ESxx, most likely a P. They don't get along at all and I wouldn't want to marry some one like him. I have no idea how they are even still together..

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think my dad is INxP... my mom, ESFx... Their marriage didn't work out for a lot of reasons, but I don't think it was necessarily personality type.

My husband is INTP. I think my brother is INFx.

·
Registered
926 Posts
istj father + intp mother works fine istp brother is ok but I get where the lack of showing emotion can be frustrating

·
Registered
615 Posts
Both ESTJs, hahaha. :3 Can't wait to get into college and live independently! However, they used to be very...frightful to me, when i was little. Now, they are much better, and have developed their F enough to get along with me, and not start any real fights.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
dad - IxTP
mom - ISFP

my parents divorced for a lot of reasons, but one of their personality conflicts was that my mom was too sensitive for my dad. however, i get along fine with both of my parents most of the time. i feel like my dad switches from being iNtuitive to a Sensor, but i'm not quite sure.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hmm...I think my mom's ESFJ and my dad's ESTP. Not really sure, though.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Dad - I don't know. I had him as an ISTJ, but that doesn't seem right at all, really. I know he's a Thinker for sure. He's very loud, complains (also cusses and yells) a lot about little things which no one else in the family cares about, he talks on and on about really specific subjects which again, he's the only one that cares about, he never follows any rules put before him, he works hard for his family. *shrugs* What type is that?
Mom - An INFP with a propensity to fake other types as the situation calls. The MyPersonality on Facebook app typed her as an ENFJ, and she can "speak Sensor" rather well.

Reactions: TaleofMisunderstood

·
Registered
648 Posts
My dad is an ESTJ. My mother is too unhealthy to type. I'd peg her as an ISXJ, She's introverted(hates people), Sensing, and Extremely organized, but I can't say whether she uses thinking or feeling because it honestly seems that she uses neither.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Mom-INFJ she is super nice i honestly think INFJs make the best parents!
Dad-Ixxx i haven't tested him but he's very introverted, we get along, he dosen't understand me though

·
Registered
37 Posts
ESTJ Dad and Step Mom. We have alot of trouble seeing eye-to-eye. But they do have things to offer that im weak in, like organization, independence, etc. My real Mom, Im not sure what she was. she may have been (when I think about it) either between ENFP and INFP or ESFP or ISFP.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My dad is the most authoritarian personality: ENTJ He never understood me. He was always trying to "force" me to be less shy, which, as you can guess, did more harm than good. He also treated me like his puppet, making me study all this music and perform for everyone he knew... But, he has a good heart, and we get along great now that I am in my 30s, and he has accepted me for who I am.

My mom is the EXACT opposite: ISFP. The sweetest mother I could ever imagine...

Since my parents are exact opposites, there was sometimes HUGE tension and yelling from my ENTJ dad. However, my sweet ISFP mother IS strong in her own way. They are now in their 60s, and love each other so very much.

BUT, I didn't want someone like my dad. I don't want to be controlled. I don't want to be yelled at out of the blue. So, I picked a husband who has the same personality as my mom: ISFP So kind, so caring... He sees the world through different lenses as me, but we are also similar in many ways, and our house is a PEACEFUL house! Amen!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts