Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went wine tasting last night at a wine school and I'm fairly certain the instructor was ENFP...my first known encounter!

Anyway, as she taught us about Pinot Noir, she was obviously so full of passion over the topic; you could just feel the passion for wine coming through her. The way she explained, instructed, and answered questions was so very Ne Fi Te Si to me...it was like listening to myself :)

What are you passionate about? Specifically something that if you were to talk about it with others, they could see or feel the passion for it coming out of you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Art?
I don't know.. I just start loosing myself when I start drawing or something. I loose track of time and I just get so deep into the art that I don't even notice that I haven't ate for the whole day.
I don't know if that counts as a passion hah

·
Registered
124 Posts
ART, love looking at it, talking about it, drawing, painting, sculpting, creating, it's an overwhelming passion!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Music. Rhythm, dance, language, emotion, passion, - those are all things that come with music. I play the piano. I love to compose and to play on it. I also play some guitar and ukulele. But music is something that connects. It's a bridge. It's a perfect thing to express anything. Sometimes words or paintings simply can't touch on the emotion music evokes. It's definitely a passion of mine.

And then I just love helping people who I know are in a troublesome situation. "Troublesome situation" can be anything, big or seemingly minuscule. :) I like to "guide" or "advise" when I can. Seeing people on the fringe and helping them out, too... all of those things, they are things I am passionate about as well.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Anything to do with psychology or behavioral science, in particular existential therapy and positive psychology. Gardening is another. Birds...I love birds and I know more than anyone else cares to know.

I have this professor right now that most everyone else hates but I think the man is a treasure! He is so passionate about what he teaches and I can't help but be completely fixated on his conversation. But the people who aren't as passionate about his topic, I guess, are less affected. I don't think he is ENFP, though. He has talked about his introversion but obviously when he teaches he sets his introversion aside.

I get excited and passionate about just about anything I am really interested in. Pinterst? Anyone passionate about that? Oh wait, maybe that is considered an obsession. lol

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*Music...ahhhh, it's part of my soul. I think my soul sings my thoughts :)

*Dancing...this is very related to my love of music. I adore moving to it as a way of expressing how much I feel it.

*Painting, drawing, creating...again, another outlet of expression for me. I can paint out my emotions if I play songs that bring out certain feelings that go along with thoughts I have swirling in my head.

*Living life for yourself/individuality...a huge passion of mine that I can get lost "inspiring" others on :)

*Relationships...I adore giving relationship advice and talking about how to make romantic relationships work :)

*Parenting according to a child's individual needs...I do not believe in "one size fits all" parenting. I also use unconditional parenting (Alfie Kohn concept) as a tool in raising my children.

*Anything to do with the mind...specifically perceptions, cognitive functions, mental disorders, general psychology, mindset, etc. etc.

*Anti-circus...as in the ones with elephants and other exotic animals; they aren't meant to live that way, traveling in cages, rehearsing, and performing their lives away so that humans can be entertained for a couple hours.

*Respecting and admiring nature and the wonders of the world...I can be moved deeply by beautiful natural sights. I witnessed someone cut down a beautiful tree in full bloom once; watching it fall to the ground covered in flowers was so sad to me.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
*Music..ahhhhhh, it's part of my soul. I think my soul sings my thoughts :)

*Dancing...this is very related to my love of music. I adore moving to it as a way of expressing how much I feel it.

*Painting, drawing, creating...again, another outlet of expression for me. I can paint out my emotions if I play songs that bring out certain feelings that go along with thoughts I have swirling in my head.

*Living life for yourself/individuality...a huge passion of mine that I can get lost "inspiring" others on :)

*Relationships...I adore giving relationship advice and talking about how to make romantic relationships work :)

*Parenting according to a child's individual needs...I do not believe in "one size fits all" parenting. I also use unconditional parenting (Alfie Kohn concept) as a tool in raising my children.

*Anything to do with the mind...specifically perceptions, cognitive functions, mental disorders, general psychology, mindset, etc. etc.

*Anti-circus...as in the ones with elephants and other exotic animals; they aren't meant to live that way, traveling in cages, rehearsing, and performing their lives away so that humans can be entertained for a couple hours.

*Respecting and admiring nature and the wonders of the world...I can be moved deeply by natural beautiful sights. I witnessed someone cut down a beautiful tree in full bloom once; watching it fall to the ground covered in flowers was so sad to me.
See? You are inspiring me already!

I completely agree that parenting isn't a "one size fits all". I wish I had learned that earlier in my life, though. I don't know if I make a very good unconditional parent BUT I like the concept of it and I try. Im getting better at allowing my children to own their own thoughts, in a respectful manner. I don't like the idea of emotionally hijacking my children and making them "think" a certain way. I do want them to think about consequences though. More along the lines of "love and logic".

Individuality! Love that also. Yes, be who you are meant to be and what you want to be.

Panting and drawing and creating. I love that stuff.

And the respecting and admiring nature...love that also. My ex-husband cut down a tree after I moved out because the whole time we were together I wouldn't let him touch it. I felt so crushed over it.

And the circus? Ugh, why in the world would anyone put a bear on a bicycle? I don't get it.

Music and dance. While I can't dance and I am not naturally talented in playing music, I still love it. Music is so important.

Creating. <3

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
  • Writing and Reading
  • Physical and Emotional health
  • Human Rights
  • Animal Rights.
  • Bullying awareness.

Reactions: Enfpleasantly

·
Registered
140 Posts
This thread is full of AWESOME.

I love writing weird esoteric poetry and creative stories that no one understands! Drawing / painting is really fun too.

Some other random objects I like: hot air balloons, bicycles, little white daisies, nature in general, rain, sunshine, fluttery dresses, ferris wheels, and the face of the person I like.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love music. Listening to it, making it, and even talking about it makes me happy. I use it as an amplifier for my feelings. Music's a huge part of my life and I probably can't live without it at this point.

I also love helping people, no matter how big or small the problem is. If I think about it though, I only give them words of advice and that's about it. Hahaha. Psychology's become part of my life only recently, but it's also become a huge passion of mine. I can talk about it for hours and hours and you'll start wishing that I would shut up about it. XD

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I'd say my passions are:

•Music - I love to drum and write my own beats. I enjoy dancing or losing myself in timbres, melodies and layers of music. I love the way the minor chords can haunt you, or the way major chords can send you to the top of the world. It's a journey every time I listen to or play some music. And I can't listen to music without dancing a little.

• Wine - I love red wine. I'm particularly fond of Cabernet Sauvignons, and I'm quite enamoured of new world Cabernets at the moment, especially Argentinian ones. They have a luxurious almost chocolatey swish across the palate.

• Poetry - Another extremely beautiful art form in my books. The ability to paint canvases with nothing but words is something that I admire about humans. I like the way deep meanings can be explored, the ambiguity of the senses of macabre and life affirming, the overlap between personal and general, the lyricism etc.

• Landscapes - I'm big on landscape paintings/photography. Especially Hockney's latest studies. There's something breathtaking about a huge canvas painted to pull you away from the "real" into the world as created by the artist. The opportunity to see the world as it is perceived by another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love films, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction and Some Like It Hot to name a few. Music (playing and listening) and dancing and breathing and eating. Walking. Astronomy, Psychology and uh, desserts. I love making awesome desserts. I especially love eating them. Looking at them is fine too. Puns. Why did the mushroom go to the party? Because he was a Fungi. Ba dum tsh. Anyway yeah, that's me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts