Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 700:
1) When guys wear jeans that should be at their waist, at their knees.
2) When people walk lackadaisically down the street, stopping abruptly and slowing me down (I feel like this is very anti-INFP of me, but that's what NYC does to a person, I guess)
3) Texting constantly at the dinner table or at the bar when you should be TALKING!
4) Chewing with an open mouth.
29) When people complain too much (I'm being a bit hypocritical here ha)
30) Hypocrites...
31) Myself?
109) Socks with holes in em.
603) Being cold. OHHH do i hate this.
644) Bad waiters/waitresses.
674) When I sleep in past 12 despite all my efforts to get the hell out of bed.

The list goes on, lemme hear some of yours!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Loud television
Being told what to do
My nephews running around the restaurant and my sister not doing anything about it
Hot days in October
Fluoride in the water
Dumb people/Assholes
Super Chatty Teenagers
..I also hate bad waiters/waitresses

·
MOTM February 2014
4,787 Posts
- People saying "ruh roh" or "wuv" or anything else of the sort. It's not funny/cute/awesome and you're not an animal, so just... don't.
- People not caring enough to write using basic English skills. There's a limited amount of excuses that I'll let you off for.
- Background, loud, or pointless noise. Like having the TV/radio on "for company" or watching a movie (listening to music, etc) too loudly.
- People being attached to their cell phones or iPods or anything similar.
- Revealing clothing. The "I can see your boobs/butt/inner theighs" type. It's not sexy and you don't look hot.
- Using "Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting" in the majority of fight scenes. Can't you think of some other song that like 90% of movies haven't used?

...I actually feel better now... :crazy: There's more, of course, but it's a good start.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Women are so critical of this!

1) When guys wear jeans that should be at their waist, at their knees.
But it's their fault! Often mothers know about the growth spurt children will go through so they intentionally buy larger clothing (to save money) as they figure the child will grow into it. Kids become accustomed to this and it just becomes a general comfort thing.

End Note: I don't wear my pants like that, I hate it too :p.

Reactions: whiterwair

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I hate any repetition. People clicking their tongue or flicking their pen repeatedly make me want to strangle them.

Bringing a screaming baby to the movies with you.

Texting during an entire movie, and the keys go *CLACK CLACK CLACK!* and the light is at maximum brightness and everything.

Reactions: whiterwair

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
being around people while they bite their nails
when people on crowded buses/trains take up seats with their bags
when people correct you on the most insignificant shit ("actually, it's 17 degrees outside today, not 16" -smug expression-)
going to english class

·
Registered
752 Posts
A big pet peeve of mine is when I'm just hanging most likely doing nothing, and someone will pop up and randomly ask me if I'm okay. Multiple times. It's freakin annoying. Most of the time, in my mind, I'm like: ...What, do I not look okay?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
- People saying "ruh roh" or "wuv" or anything else of the sort. It's not funny/cute/awesome and you're not an animal, so just... don't.
- People not caring enough to write using basic English skills. There's a limited amount of excuses that I'll let you off for.
- Background, loud, or pointless noise. Like having the TV/radio on "for company" or watching a movie (listening to music, etc) too loudly.
- People being attached to their cell phones or iPods or anything similar.
- Revealing clothing. The "I can see your boobs/butt/inner theighs" type. It's not sexy and you don't look hot.
- Using "Everybody was Kung Foo Fighting" in the majority of fight scenes. Can't you think of some other song that like 90% of movies haven't used?

...I actually feel better now... :crazy: There's more, of course, but it's a good start.
hahahahahaha that last one made me laugh. And I agree with all of the others, especially the English language one and the "rut roh" BS. My friend does that and it makes me cringe.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Three more that I can't believe I left out:

- When drivers don't turn off their highbeams when I am approaching.
- When people wear four bottles of cologne/perfume.
- When people use the air conditioner in 60-degree weather.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A big pet peeve of mine is when I'm just hanging most likely doing nothing, and someone will pop up and randomly ask me if I'm okay. Multiple times. It's freakin annoying. Most of the time, in my mind, I'm like: ...What, do I not look okay?
Ohhh I hate that sooo much too! I also can't stand the "You look tired" thing. Seriously, that's the worst. Thanks for telling me I look like ass.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree all the way on the whole "people stopping for no reason right in front of me" thing. I have some sort of magnet and this happens to me all the time. If it's me in that situation where I have to stop, I am checking my surroundings for a minute to make sure I am not going to be in anyone's way.

When I'm somewhere cool like an amusement park and the people I am with have to use the bathroom 4-5 times in one day. I usually don't even go in once...it's like my body shuts down that stuff to make room for fun.

Funny how the "are you ok" askers are usually the people that cause me to have that glum face in the first place!

Don't really know the difference between pet peeves and annoyances.

When I notice something outrageous in public and assume my gf has been looking at it the whole time(usually a person and their attire) and then I wait 20 seconds to ensure they are no longer in hearing distance and my gf has no idea what I am referring to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have about 700:
3) Texting constantly at the dinner table or at the bar when you should be TALKING!
YES! I hate when someone obsessively texts every few minutes or so. Even if they didn't get a text, they feel obligated to check their phones. It's even worse when everyone at a table is not talking and texting instead. Sometimes when a group of friends go out for dinner, and the texting madness begins, I always have an urge to take out my phone and mass text everyone saying: "whatsup guys.. STOP TEXTING!"

So, my pet peeves:

- When someone ruins a song that you like and adore very much, by replacing it with obscene phrases and words, just to get a cheap laugh.
- When people go through your things or uses them uncaringly, and leaves a big mess without considering how you originally left it.
- When people mock the things you like to do (hobbies etc).
- People who jump to conclusions as soon as they see/hear something.
- When people repeatedly bother you about going to a party/event when you've already told them "no thanks" about a billion times... even though you probably are just going to stay home that night anyways, doing who knows what (probably listening to music, browsing forums, daydreaming).
- When you forget where you put something really important (like your passport) and when you finally find it, it's in the place where you most expected it to be. But you didn't think of looking there because it seemed too "obvious".
- When someone asks you where to eat, and gets annoyed/mad when you don't give them an answer. :mellow:
- When you ask someone what they just said to you while you were genuinely preoccupied, and they reply with "nothing".
- Rude drivers on the freeway.
- When someone asks or tells you something in a round-about way. Just give it to me straight! I already know your motives!
- When you have your wallet in hand, walk out the door, forget your keys, go back to get your keys, and somehow walk out the door again, but now without your wallet!
- When people, whom you know very well, act completely different in front of other people, almost as if you don't know them anymore.
- When rules don't make sense at ALL.
- When you just about finish writing an essay, and realize that your thesis and conclusion don't match at all, despite writing passionately about a certain subject. Now you've got to either rewrite the essay, or change your argument completely.
- Obnoxious people looking for attention!
- When someone fake's knowing something in a conversation, and you can totally tell that they're pulling stuff out of their behinds.
- People making situations overly awkward, when you're trying your best to not make it awkward, and it's not working.
- People who disregard your emotions, and act or persuade you to act brashly.
- When people mistreat animals in any form.
- The feeling that you're forgetting to do something. (because you know when you get that feeling, it's never a false alarm :eek:)
- OH and last one.. people that use the acronym "lol" in every single sentence they type.

That is all! but wow.. I didn't realize that many things got on my nerves.. D=

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
My pet peeves

The idea of getting brainwashed by older people
When people try to make me doubt my deepest thoughts
When people downgrade intuition..They forgot that intuitive curiosity and inspiration have brought mankind closer to logic!
When people think they are superior based on only their fixed ideas and views
When people try to tell you it is wrong to think beyond the box
When girls show off about my exes (Oh..I had been with them at some point..deal with it, honey)
When people create stereotypes out of their asses

Hmm maybe I'll update the list (maybe)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts