Personality Cafe banner

What Are Your Thoughts on Traveling?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this isn't a hypothetical scenario where you're rich, because we all know you're poor. That said, in your current state, what are your views on traveling? For me, I don't like traveling for the sake of traveling. If I travel, I want to specifically do something. Like go to a convention, sports match, or see someone specifically. Otherwise, I'd rather stay home.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
So this isn't a hypothetical scenario where you're rich, because we all know you're poor.
Lol! :laughing:

Did you just assume my financial status?:shocked:

I like travelling when I actually learn something interesting or have some sort of epiphany. I dont want to go to some foreign country and spend time doing things I normally do here like going to a park. Thats so pointless.

Also I like travelling when I get at least an hour to just be alone with my thoughts and I get to process the day. Usually, everything gets so rushed and my mind is left spinning because we're doing so much at once. I need a little time to make sense of it all and reconnect with myself.

I dont like aimlessly wandering around not knowing what Im doing. I like some planning because after all the times I've travelled with my family, Ive come to learn that we're a total disaster because we're so spontaneous. It ends up being stressful because we'll decide to go to a different state the day before actually going.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Epic waste of money, tiring, not terribly interesting, unnecessary contribution to pollution, and potentially dangerous. I'd rather unload riches on the poor and oppressed.
I like your perspective. :happy:

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
I'd love to travel as much as possible, but hey I'm not rich so the farthest I can go is Canada prolly.

Reactions: Vast Silence

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I'd be interested in becoming a digital nomad for a while at some point in the future. Basically I'd spend extended periods of time in a few different locations so I can immerse myself in other cultures, while cutting down on living costs compared to what tourists would usually pay in their travels. If I can make freelance developing work out for me, I could basically work for anyone from any corner of the world so long as I have a laptop and an internet connection.

I would make it a point to learn the language of the place I wanted to stay at first before staying there, which isn't a chore for me since I love languages. Being able to make local friends and eat street food or watch a movie in a different language with them would be far more rewarding an experience than taking selfies of myself with some monument you see everywhere in travel brochures.

There is no "I would like to travel a lot more if I can afford it" option, so I didn't vote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love travel, although I don't get to do it often. I like seeing other places and seeing all these foreign environments. I love to experience new things. I also just like to get away from home in general too, because I get stressed out so easily and just getting away is a relief.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I have traveled around the U.S. a lot and try to travel somewhere at least once a year. If I could travel several times a year, I would.

In 2013, I drove from Michigan to NYC, stayed there 2 nights, then stayed in coastal Massachusetts for 2 nights, drove back to Michigan, and then at the end of the year, drove/moved to Oregon. Had my feet in both Atlantic and Pacific oceans in the span of a few months, drove through every time zone.

That was a fun year.

As far as international travel, hasn't happened, aside from Windsor, Ontario. Not going to be able to go anywhere abroad for a long time, if ever.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love travel, although I don't get to do it often. I like seeing other places and seeing all these foreign environments. I love to experience new things. I also just like to get away from home in general too, because I get stressed out so easily and just getting away is a relief.
Hey first post. I guess you decided to travel to PerC!?

Reactions: septic tank

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I have traveled to other countries in the past and more often than not, I didn't like it, thought it was not worth it, would have gladly prefered staying home. That said, I am young and lack maturity so perhaps in the future, I would be more open to the idea of traveling.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I always felt that I would enjoy travel so much more if I had time to truly explore the places i go, to learn about it. Even a week isn't enough for me to truly delve into the average destination.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I love traveling. It honestly doesn't matter too much "why" I'm going, at least it doesn't have to be a super specific reason. I can't get enough of experiencing different cultures. I do need to be home, but home is an emotional place for me (with family/loved ones). Plenty of times I've been gone for weeks or a month or more, and I'm sad to go 'home.' After spending a month in (mostly Northern) Italy, I felt homesick for weeks afterwards. I do have family there, but they only took up less than a week of the trip. It was mostly the culture, and the part of myself I found, that I missed so much.

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
I love to travel. Explore. Discover new things. Unfortunately my finances keep me from doing it often.

As a kid, my family traveled a lot. I've been to 45 US states and 4 Canadian provinces. I enjoy both cities and the wilderness. Overall, I'd say I would lean towards the mountains as my favorite type of place to travel.

Unless it's scenic or deserted, I find most beaches to be overrated and boring.

Traveling can be exhausting, though. Mainly because I don't like to stay in one place for too long. After a good week/week and a half, I'm ready to go home.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I like camping and hiking in new places, but I wouldn't want to travel a whole lot. Being in a new place all the time would tire me out.

Epic waste of money, tiring, not terribly interesting, unnecessary contribution to pollution, and potentially dangerous. I'd rather unload riches on the poor and oppressed.
I can respect this attitude. :)

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I don't mind travelling if I'm tagging along with someone who know where they're going and all that. But on my own, I only travel for specific reasons. I don't do it spontaneously.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts