Personality Cafe banner

What Are Your Thoughts on Traveling?

• Total voters
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I travelled professionally for 30 years and have had my fill. Travel is more difficult now than it used to be and not nearly as comfortable. There once was a time that air travel was pleasant, now it is a pressurized 600 mph spartan hell. It can also be costly. Often there is jet lag, and by the time your body adjusts, it is time to go home. Then you get to be jet lagged a second time.

If you choose to fly, consider a foreign carrier with a good safety record. They have a history of professional civility toward their clientele.

I prefer to stay at home, which is a new and enjoyable experience. I’m also an introvert who is completely content with his own company.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I love to be home, but I still travel as much as I can. Always have - even as a student when I had almost no money I managed to travel regularly, because in poorer countries you can get by on very little, if your standards aren't high and you're not in a hurry.

Now that I don't have as much time I use all my vacation days (plus all unpaid vacation that I'm allowed) traveling abroad, and spread the days throughout the year so that the next little trip is never far away. The next four trips that I've booked will take me to February (shortest is 2 nights, longest 12 nights).

I travel with my kids, with friends and alone - each option fun in its own way.

·
Banned
2,480 Posts
I love traveling, I've been to 15 different countries/islands thus far. This year I went to California, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, & I will be going to Arizona, next month. I'm going to see one of my favorite comedians, catch a hockey game, & watch a concert while there, not to mention eating at some of my favorite places. I go to Arizona yearly, preferably in the winter months, when it's not as hot.

Last year was Alaska, & Florida. I haven't been outside of the United States in a couple of years. But I'm definitely planning on going to Thailand, Japan, Spain, Morocco, Croatia, Iran, & Chile. One of these years, I want to do a train trip across Canada too. I usually fly, because it's faster, I only have 2 weeks vacation from work. I take vacation every year, but since the last 2 years weren't international, I took 2 vacations, a week for each city. I also try to getaway, whenever I have a long weekend.

I make the most out of the time I will be visiting, by scheduling ahead what I want to experience, where I want to eat, & if applicable who I want to see. I cram in, as much as possible in the time I have. I'm really good at traveling on a budget too. Right now, I'm trying to figure out, where I can fly to, between now & April, so I don't lose my miles. The only bad thing about that, is the black-out dates for redeeming them. I may go visit my sister, we'll see what I come up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, there great article and useful too. I just booked this accommodation so exited Expecting a great holiday.
balivillaescapes.com.au/?villas=villa-shanti-4-bedroom-at-the-residence

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
if I travel I definitely want to see the sights
for the most part I enjoy being home
I knew if I mention you, you would be here.

Reactions: VinnieBob

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,652 Posts
I'd like to travel occasionally. But my favourite thing would be to move to a different place/country and live there in a quiet little town/village surrounded by all my friends and we could go up mountains or chill on the beach... That would be nice!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I travel whenever and wherever I can. It doesn't matter what the destination is - you learn/understand so much about yourself and others every time you step foot out of your comfort zone. That being said, no lol, I am not rich so I don't go nearly as often as I like. I work hard and then take off as soon as I get the chance. Start over and repeat.
Until I find someone to build a life and family with I'll continue to be this way and bonus points if he wants the same thing! Lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like being home or close to home most of the time but I do love a good change of scenery once in a while when the opportunity arises. A friend not too long ago asked if I wanted to ride along as he was making a trip out of state to pick someone up. Hell yeah I'll go, and off on the 2000 mile trip I went. :cool:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
I'm not very fond of travelling, I find it very resource consuming for how little I consider it offers me in exchange.
Then you're probably not traveling right. I can literally see a huge swath of the United States for under $500. I got to see how great the beaches of Mississippi and Alabama were compared to the beaches of the Carolinas.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts