Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me it goes from turned offed, to there's a very slim chance, to a snowballs chance in hell.

Just cause something turns me off doesn't mean I will write a girl off. But She'd better be special.
SJ's turn me off. I don't know why. But something about Sensing Judging types tends to rub me the wrong way.
Over weight and/or out of shape. I work out every day and am definitely not attracted to fat chicks. It's a sign of laziness to me.

Very slim chances.
Cruelty towards others.
Laughing at other people's misfortune.
Talking bad about the homeless and showing a lack of understanding.

Snowballs chance in hell.
Girl I've met before who I asked out, that lied to me and said she wasn't looking for a relationship only to date someone else she met three days ago. I've run into girls who've done that and found out their relationship with guy they knew for three days didn't work out. Then they ask me out. "hahahaha. No" is an appropriate response in this situation I think.

Racism. A girl who shows any sign of racism is immediately crossed off my list of potential candidates.
Sexist views: e.g. I saw a girl crying at a party cause some guy punched her in the face. I asked why he hit her in the face "Cause I hit him in the face, and punched him in the throat, and tried to kick out his knee's. But I'm a girl and guys shouldn't hit girls." I don't condone violence, but if someone punched me in the face, and the throat, and tried to kick out my knee's I'd swing back since clearly they aren't going to stop and I need to defend myself.

Trying to get me to buy things for them: If a girl tries milking me for money she's instantly off my list.

·
mafia mod
13,333 Posts
Beer Bellies. Wont even consider a guy who has stomach the size of saturn

Smell. Dude wear deodorant; cant stand the smell or look of sweat.

Doesnt like animals. I love dogs. There is something about non animal lovers which rub me the wrong way

Whiners and complainers. Perhaps it the ENTJ, but grow up and get over it already

·
Registered
536 Posts
Any sign of hygiene deficit. That in itself incorporates approximately a bajillion things.

Willful ignorance or stupidity.

Use of the words "bro", "YOLO", or anything like that.

Cruelty in any way.

Blondes. I guess it's not a turn off per se, they just don't do much for me.

Those stupid MMA shirts. Tapout or something? Studded or rhinestoned jeans. Basically a guy who cares more about fashion than I do (which is little). Not to be confused with style.

A guy who spends too much time checking/staring at his phone.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beer Bellies. Wont even consider a guy who has stomach the size of saturn

Smell. Dude wear deodorant; cant stand the smell or look of sweat.

Doesnt like animals. I love dogs. There is something about non animal lovers which rub me the wrong way

Whiners and complainers. Perhaps it the ENTJ, but grow up and get over it already
Yup... pretty much all turn-offs to me too.
Can't really stand when people hate animals.

Any sign of hygiene deficit. That in itself incorporates approximately a bajillion things.

Willful ignorance or stupidity.

Use of the words "bro", "YOLO", or anything like that.

Cruelty in any way.

Blondes. I guess it's not a turn off per se, they just don't do much for me.

Those stupid MMA shirts. Tapout or something? Studded or rhinestoned jeans. Basically a guy who cares more about fashion than I do (which is little). Not to be confused with style.

A guy who spends too much time checking/staring at his phone.
I don't mind mma or tapout shirts. But people who're obsessed with it are a little irritating. I watch my fair share of mma [okay, only if it's on and I'm around] and do martial arts. I'm just annoyed with people who's lives revolve around it. And I think tapout shirts are funny cause tapping out is forfeiting the match. So their slogan is basically "Give up.". Makes me chuckle a little bit. Mostly guys do all of this and I'm a heterosexual guy so it's not really a concern.

But those girls that're into WWE [formerly known as wwf] I absolutely refuse to date and am uninterested in them completely. Well, there was one chick I knew who liked to watch wrestling because she thought it was funny, but she wasn't as delusionally into it as most of the sports fans are.

Ignorance. See, I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I try to keep learning. I hate it when guys are just.. So shallow.
Same here with girls.

Abundance of indifference
same.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,491 Posts
People who are far too judgemental about superficial nonsense. I may be fat and have ADHD, but I wouldn't hold that against any of you. Laziness is not a crime. It is a response to ineffeciency.

Reactions: AstralSoldier

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
People who are far too judgemental about superficial nonsense. I may be fat and have ADHD, but I wouldn't hold that against any of you. Laziness is not a crime. It is a response to ineffeciency.
Laziness is gross and a major turn off to me.
So is being fat. Eating less and working out [also known as hard work] will prevent a person from being fat. Also someone who works out and eats less displays they have a level of self control that a fat person doesn't have. And fat people are generally less attractive physically than someone in shape. Also skinny people may be more attractive than fat people but they're still less attractive than healthy people who work out.

And of course you wouldn't hold it against anyone else if they were fat while you're also fat. Personally I don't see any problems having fat friends and all that, but I'm not at all attracted to it. Then again I put in work to stay in shape and I like to do active things like climbing trees, hiking, jogging, etc.. A fat person isn't going to want to do this with me. Or wont be able to. Some of my over weight friends will come hang out with me while I'm in the woods with some of my friends who aren't over weight. The in shape friends will want to go climb up the side of a steep hill and then into a tree and hang out up there. The fat out of shape friends will slow us down and try to convince us to stay with them on there ground. To be polite a lot of the time we'll stick around with the out of shape friends... but we really want to go climb that hill and into that tree and sticking to the ground is pretty boring.

ADHD... that's not something you can help and/or change. You can work on it and all that, but you can't just stop being adhd. So I'm not inclined to be judgmental about a person who has this. I don't really find it unattractive though [don't find it attractive either]. I try to be fair about things people have no control over, but I'm still unattracted to SJ's and tend to not get along with them.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,491 Posts
Laziness is gross and a major turn off to me.
So is being fat. Eating less and working out [also known as hard work] will prevent a person from being fat. Also someone who works out and eats less displays they have a level of self control that a fat person doesn't have. And fat people are generally less attractive physically than someone in shape. Also skinny people may be more attractive than fat people but they're still less attractive than healthy people who work out.

And of course you wouldn't hold it against anyone else if they were fat while you're also fat. Personally I don't see any problems having fat friends and all that, but I'm not at all attracted to it. Then again I put in work to stay in shape and I like to do active things like climbing trees, hiking, jogging, etc.. A fat person isn't going to want to do this with me. Or wont be able to. Some of my over weight friends will come hang out with me while I'm in the woods with some of my friends who aren't over weight. The in shape friends will want to go climb up the side of a steep hill and then into a tree and hang out up there. The fat out of shape friends will slow us down and try to convince us to stay with them on there ground. To be polite a lot of the time we'll stick around with the out of shape friends... but we really want to go climb that hill and into that tree and sticking to the ground is pretty boring.

ADHD... that's not something you can help and/or change. You can work on it and all that, but you can't just stop being adhd. So I'm not inclined to be judgmental about a person who has this. I don't really find it unattractive though [don't find it attractive either]. I try to be fair about things people have no control over, but I'm still unattracted to SJ's and tend to not get along with them.
I apologize, I just saw the first few posts in this thread and they seemed rather shallow to me. As I've gotten older, I've become more tolerant of things that used to turn me off. Of course, I'm not in the dating scene anymore. I make a bigger distinction betweeen turn-offs and deal-breakers. A turn-off is something I might be able to overlook, depending on the woman in question. A deal-breaker is something more than just a turn-off.

Before I married, I dated women of all shapes and sizes. I enjoyed the diversity, I learned more about what I wanted in a permanent life-partner (I found her, btw).

A woman whose got some meat on her, but has a dynamic personality and can keep up with my mind isn't going to bother me as much as someone who appears physically fit, but has no depth to them at all. I still climb trees and go for long walks, and I recently canoed a 26 mile stretch of the Colorado River. Being fat doesn't stop me from doing these things. If I don't think I can keep up with someone, I wouldn't go in the first place.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
Poor Hygiene: Seriously, people, keep it clean.
Trying to be cool: I'd rather someone be dorky and silly, than someone who tries too hard to impress me
Stupidity: Nothing is sexier than witty banter. If you can't banter wittily, don't even bother.

I've noticed multiple people say "overweight" as a turn off. Honestly, I think someone can still be attractive and overweight. As long as they keep up with their hygiene and don't smell weird. A big brain will help, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd have to say the most unattractive thing to me is the bulked up, exercise for a living, overly confident, under-educated, think-they-can-pick-up-any-girl type of men. Especially when they try to draw attention to themselves by being super loud in public/talking down to the under confident friend in the group to establish themselves as alpha-male. As a smart girl someone would need to be much more than a wallet and muscles to impress me!

On the flipside, I find nerdy guys really hot. :D

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does being verbally mean count? slight irony lol.
How is it mean to find laziness as a turn off.
also how is it mean to think fat people are gross with all the fat in their bodies that they could prevent from being there (how many fat people are in Africa? Why is it they're at that percentage? It surely isn't fast metabolisms or working hypothalamus glands... ). This is a standard I have, no fat chicks. Being fat means your too lazy to monitor what you eat or work out and youre unhealthy. Which is your fault. It says a lot about you if your fat.

Saying I'm not into that isn't mean

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was sort of joking.
I just thought it was a bit funny how you don't like cruelty toward others but you're talking so rude about people who might be a little overweight, that's all. I think it's fine to set standards and I agree to some extent but people of all shapes and sizes can have the right personality regardless of their looks.
I wasn't make some huger personal attack lol

1 - 20 of 124 Posts