Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
At the moment,being overly hospitable. I don't want to be treated like a princess and it really freaks me out to be constantly waited on.

·
MOTM November 2013
2,702 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't want to post now, Boss's answer was almost too perfect!

One thing I would like to add is a lack of passion. If there's one thing that is an instant deal breaker for me, it's someone who has no enthusiasm and is happy to just passively live without being remotely excited or even interested in the world around them.

Reactions: puppies454 and Sina

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Smoking
Overweight
Bad hygiene
No skills (in....anything)
Boring conversationalist
Too submissive
Too controlling
Passive aggressive
Does not communicate (if something's wrong...tell me)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Plays games. No time for that. It's immature, unnecessary and boring as hell.
Isn't hygienic. At least take the time to take care of yourself! like a normal person.
Is boooring. And then makes stupid excuses like "duh, life is boring, and relationships will always be boring". Yeah, because you're a BORING PERSON.
Shallow, unspiritual, bland, likes to oversimplify things, think wishfully, be selfishly dumb and consider themselves smart while at it. Arrogance. Yuck.
Hurt, offended by, and holds a grudge against life, ungrateful, takes things for granted, incredibly pessimistic for no valid reason. No love or compassion in the heart.
Cares about status, grades, image, perfect looks excessively in a way that they'd dump you if you got sick and missed 2 weeks of school and failed a class because of it or lost your reputation or got uglier from it or something- shallowness - no love.
Doesn't have hobbies or passions, doesn't like the arts, it's too "nerdy" for them.
Judges too quickly, assumes, generalizes. It shows stupidity, shallowness, lack of caring or compassion.
Doesn't think logically. Isn't interested in politics, current happenings, or others' opinions. A happening in the world doesn't have to affect you directly or even relate to you to be meaningful..
:/

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
it's too "nerdy" for them.
I'd just like to say anyone who uses the word "nerdy" to put something down or put something up.

"You actually know things? OH YEAH, C'MERE A MINNIT 'N' CHECK OWT DIS NERD"
"i played skyrm lol im so nerdy xdddddd"

Being intelligent != uncool.
Playing mainstream video games != nerdy (it'd be like if I went and saw the biggest three blockbusters of each year and started calling myself a 'movie buff') != ironically cool.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts
Turn offs for me:
Dirty finger nails, bad hair, overweight, bad kisser, immaturity, recklessness, bad breath, insensitivity, chauvinism, disrespect, sexism, racism etc, someone who has no grip on their temper, too much inhibition.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's such a turn-off when someone I don't respect tries to control me.

Also, doormats really turn me off. I mean, I'm all for helping people, but if someone is clearly taking advantage of you then you need to stop.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ugh I know! and also speaking of that, people who describe things as "cool" or "uncool"-and-that's-that. judging things so generally as cool or uncool. Just the word cool is dumb to me because some tard will be like "omg eating your own crap is so COOL since everyone does it now.. dur" It's so vague and is an opinion word anyway.. 'smart' or 'stupid'. it's all that should matter, right? i know it can be an opinion too so I'll go with logical or illogical. Another turn-off, when people get what you mean but have to freak out and find flaws on flat surfaces. i find it logical but stupid. ;) And I meant nerdy in its older meaning, haha.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Serial daters.

I think this goes without saying that serial daters are kind of... I don't know, like I don't hate them or anything, but I don't take them seriously. I dated a serial dater for over a year. Supposedly I was the only girl for him but from the talks of my friends and even my own brother, he messed around with other girls behind my back, like he's dating them too. Ever since that, I find serial daters to be one of my biggest turn-offs. When I say serial daters, I mean people who:

1. Always rebounds. Never takes even two weeks to just be like, "Okay, maybe I need to take a break from the dating scene." or make themselves better so that their next relationship can be great.
2. Always dates other people while seriously dating one person. Like... if you want us to be casual... cool, I'll just dump you and find someone else. Don't tell me I'm the only person in your life when there's obviously other women calling you while we're together. Shut the fuck up.
3. They treat their exes like shit. I mean, okay, if you have that one evil ex who took a crap on your heart, I can understand your bitterness... but if I see a pattern where you hate like all your exes... nah. You dated them once, you loved them once, you cared for them once. If you treat them like crap, you're a monster. Because at the end of the day, they're human beings, with feelings. Just stop.

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you are feeling lazy just read teh bottom, before I knew what was happening my fingers typed a lot of pointless stuff...
sorry..

Guys who are intentionally mean to others and well...

never had a relationship, but generally I really love anyone and everyone or at least have no dislike for them whatsoever, even fictional I am generally pretty tolerant, 'hate' is a very strong word for me...
but I must say, I don't mean to offend anyone, but the character (I know this a shallow way to put it, but this is one of the only poeple I've ever hated..) Jacob from Twilight... and I'm not saying I hate the actor, teh creator of the character or anything liek that... it's just that the character of Jacob... I absolutely HATE him... I don't feel it that strongly anymore... but after I finished reading Twilight (yes, i know, I'm lame... sorry, everyone goes through phases okay...) I hated him with a passion. He made Bella be unfaithful, and he wasn't really consirerate enough of her at all... I really didn't like him when he took advantage of her being single and... I don't know.. this sounds so awful and gossipy...

The only other person I can think of that I hate(and may I remind you that I don't use this word lightly when refereing to people, even in jest) was my mum's most recent ex-boyfriends... (and she's had other who I liked all, or at least didn't mind), bt this guy who I hated was quite racist, and not open to other views, and really rude, and also had a crude sense of humor... he found peopel being upset amusing in certain situations taht I don't think others would find funny...
but it did turn out he had depression, however, no matter what, I know another person with depression who is actually really lovely, and I wish there was something I could do for her... but I don't know what...
Anyhow, I knwo that's not the issue, so I'm not saying I hate people with derpession, I'm just saying that may be part pof the reason why so much negativeity and unsensitivity cam eout of him...

Anyhow, if you just wanted a summary sorry for wasting your time...
I find discriminative people, and people who take advantage of others in weak states (or other I guess), and also people who are intentionally cruel?mean to others and get pleasure out of others' pain are definitely put offs...
but I guess in friendships too...
Sorry it's so long~!! >~<

·
Registered
325 Posts
Rudeness
Obnoxious
Consciously ignorant
Closed minded
Argumentative
Unaccepting
People who don't like to try something different or new
People who don't enjoy to read books as a leisurely activity
People who don't like to have deep meaningful conversations

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Desperate grasping
Other guy in the picture with no definite status
Way too sexual on first date
Angry at ex
Negative self image
Flirts with other guys on first date
Can't handle her own kids
Felony charges
Can't hold down a job
Gets angry at me for not remembering things she assumed I knew
Way too touchy
Smelly

Put them all together and you have a date I was on a couple of weeks ago

No sale

Reactions: LQ9

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
neediness, facial hair (aside from a bit of stubble), corny romantic gestures, a sense of humor that is incompatible with mine, pessimism, insincerity, sexism, bad breath!, a need to always be right, shortness (sorry), hair in places one wouldn't normally expect it, whininess, interrupting people, dislike of the outdoors, lack of imagination, douchey outfits

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
Promiscuity
Lack of your own moral compass
Lack of integrity
Person who breaks their word--ever.
Serial dating
History of drug use
History of alcohol abuse
Criminal record of any kind unless it involves sticking it to the man in which case I understand :tongue:
Thinks life is a game and never contributes to the world in a meaningful way
Smoking
Thinking physical pleasure in any form is the end all be all of life.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
so like, is it a turn off if a girl is absolutely ridiculous and exaggerates and is animatedly silly for no reason?
For me it usually is, because it often seems like a tactic to get attention and play the manic pixie dream girl (/boy).

I am all for silliness, but only if it's genuine and not 24/7.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts