Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
380 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's a source for the claim that INFJs are the type most likely to become published authors:
students.usask.ca/current/life/employment/PDFs/INFJ.pdf

In response to taptap's question:
1. Most published authors aren't INFPs.
2. INFJs are the rarest type (about 1.1%), so even though they're more likely to become published authors than any other type, they still account for a small percentage of the total. There are 3-4 times as many INFPs as INFJs.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Acting is my thing, writing comes second. I'd rather make or be in a movie than write a book. I'm definitely an introvert, I prefer to pretend the audience isn't there, thus making more of a journey inside of myself as an actress and as my character. It's not about performing for people, it's about self discovery and it just plain makes me very, very happy. My INFP best friend is also an actress but writing comes first for her so maybe I'm just rare within the INFP group.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well im an INFJ sculptor.
Ive always been atracted to amking thigs though doing it well hasnt come easy
Ill admit ive always been atracted to wrighting, though i recived so much abuse over it at school
it was very diffcuilt to imagine i could do it (mind you they told me i couldnt o art iether and that cleary didnt stop me!)

and now i find myself working on picture books for adults , right about the time i discover (at 40) im infj and one of our biggest strenghts is wrighting and art.
So rember kids teachers dont no the butts from ther elbows.ignore them if they tell yous somthing you dont belive (if your an INFJ reesults may vary for other types)

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
@bronze crow : I assume you are dyslexic. I haven't heard of adult picture books before, I imagine they are aimed towards dyslexic people or adults who only became litterate in adult age? How is the market for this?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Cactus oh i just meant ilustrated storys (though the weight on images more than words)

So yeah ther are already ilustrated books just for adults (i rember finding one in the childrens section of a libray the librain was very shocked when i drew it to her attention)

but alos ther are lots of cross over books like Maurice Sendak

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I make gaming videos for YouTube as a hobby. That's as close to "art" as I'll ever get. In a more perfect world, I'd probably be a writer, but whatever. I'm content with my current hobby. :eek:)

1,750 Posts
ENFP - writing, acting
ENFJ - music, performance art
INFP - writing, painting, crafts
INFJ - I don't know any that I'm aware of :(

21 - 30 of 30 Posts