Personality Cafe banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
Seriously, why don't one of you just start a poll? Or use an excel spreadsheet? Or ask an ESTJ? You guys can do it. I believe in you. :)
Or you could just pounce around ideas of what type in astrology fits INFJ. Compare and contrast why or why that can't be.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I think we scared them away....sorry. I was actually trying to be helpful, not mean or intimidating. It's just, if you want to find something out, the best way to really understand it is to do it yourself, not have someone else do it for you. If you are interested in astrology, explore it in any way that suits you best.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I think we scared them away....sorry. I was actually trying to be helpful, not mean or intimidating. It's just, if you want to find something out, the best way to really understand it is to do it yourself, not have someone else do it for you. If you are interested in astrology, explore it in any way that suits you best.
We did? And to think I just arrived. Come out little INFJs....we didn't mean to scare you.

Agreed but I think they wanted us to move the thread along and we shut it down.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
What is the goal of the thread? To figure out if there is correlation between specific astrological signs and being an INFJ?
No. The title of the topic is: "what astrology sign do you think an INFJ is most like?"
Hence, the goal of the topic is to find out what astrological sign shares the largest number of characteristics with INFJs, not what sign is the most common among INFJs.

I'm not an INFJ, but I'll drop my two cents here: Archetypically*, Cancer is the closest to the INFJ personality by definition. Being a water sign and also a cardinal sign, it can be associated with both Feeling and Judging. Pisces is a mutable sign, so it's associated with Perceiving and Scorpio's ruler is Mars, an aggressive planet.

* Archetypically = meaning that the concept, the definition of Cancer is the closest to the INFJ personality. It does not mean all Cancer people are INFJs or that other signs can't be INFJs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Going by Sun sign is way too simplistic.
Introverts have their Sun in the water houses, i.e. 4th, 8th and12th. The 6th house Sun also points more to an introvert (Jung, for example).
Moon in the 12th is 99% an introvert and often an ISTP.
Saturn in the 1st = introvert (Jung, again).
Pluto heavy charts > meaning Scorpio Ascendant, emphasized 8th house or placement of personal planets in Scorpio.
Four of my co-workers are typical ISTP. One has Capricorn Sun, the other has Leo Sun but both have Scorpio rising. The third is a Scorpio Sun and the fourth is a Taurus Sun, I don't know his Ascendant but I wouldn't be surprised if he was also Scorpio rising.
With INFJ it is more difficult, since I don't know any.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I happen to be a Virgo sun with an Aries rising and a moon in Pisces.
I'm Aries sun (childlike and impulsive) with Capricorn rising (earthy, serious, and levelheaded in outward appearance) and moon in Sagittarius (needs fun and relaxation on an emotional level). But the most telling is my Mercury in Pisces, which basically is...I think with my feelings and communicate that way all the time.

·
MOTM Oct 2014
1,912 Posts
What is the goal of the thread? To figure out if there is correlation between specific astrological signs and being an INFJ? If so, you don't need an INTJ to help you. Just make a chart listing the signs, then stick in all the responses from the thread. If the distribution is close to random, there is no correlation. If most people share the same signs, there is a correlation. You should also watch out for your sample size - the smaller it is, the less meaningful your results will be. I suspect your sample size here is probably too small, so you should try to get more INFJ's signs.

Of course, this is assuming that none of you are mistyped, which is unlikely.
Typical extroverted thinker LOLZ!! "What is the point of this and how does this apply to anything in the real world?"

Can't say I put a whole lot of stock in astrology... but I am a Taurus. Kind, generally quiet unless in rut, love to chase butterflies and smell the flowers, certainly stubborn, mostly calm unless provoked then beware of my hidden rage. I will gore you and trample you to death.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Personally, I know I most resemble Pisces. But I can't say whether I can relate to it most from being a 4 or if it's due to being an INFJ. I'm not a Pisces, but the majority of the descriptions I've read about them sounded more like me than any of my own sign descriptions.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm not an INFJ, but I'll drop my two cents here: Archetypically*, Cancer is the closest to the INFJ personality by definition. Being a water sign and also a cardinal sign, it can be associated with both Feeling and Judging. Pisces is a mutable sign, so it's associated with Perceiving and Scorpio's ruler is Mars, an aggressive planet.

* Archetypically = meaning that the concept, the definition of Cancer is the closest to the INFJ personality. It does not mean all Cancer people are INFJs or that other signs can't be INFJs.
I disagree, archetypally I think Cancer has too much of a "mother/child" thing going on which kind of makes me think SFJ for some reason. NFJs kind of have a 'motherless/childless' feel to them, like they just spring up from the middle of a cabbage patch or something. Or alternatively, the intense sensitivity Cancer is supposed to have to emotional contact (above the other water signs), and their secrecy makes me think maybe Fi dom.

One thing that I personally think interferes with this question, is that in astrology the element of intuition is actually fire, or rather fire represents intuition in the cerebral sense, say conscious imagery of symbols in a state of dynamism reflecting abstract concepts, etc. Water is also often interpreted as intuition, but it's arguably actually closer to the unconscious (rather than the subconscious), or perhaps instinct, and it has more of an emotional dimension to it. Even more confusing is that Air signs are frequently described as intuitive (but also rational), so who the heck knows.

To me though if I was picking a water sign, Pisces seems more INFJ-ish to me. There's the element of lacking 'identity', a lack of a 'psychic barrier', and ego dissolution, which seems much more Fe than Fi. The image of Pisces ruling over mental institutions, death, etc, seems pretty shamanic in a way. I've always attributed interest in that, at least partially, to a kind of temperament or attitude that INFJs can have where the image of oblivion and dissolution doesn't actually seem imposing. Where people of most perspectives would see it as a kind of black hole, or deep sea chasm, INFJs are more prone to feeling comfortable or familiar with it in some way. But it's hard to articulate what my basis for that association is, apart from it applying somewhat to myself and making the facile assumption that it must apply to all of us.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello! I have recently discovered I am an INFJ. My sun is in Leo, Ascendant in Taurus and Moon in Scorpio. I took one of those quizzes "What sun sign are you really" and the results showed Aquarius. I think Aquarius fits the INFJ type most because they are seen as the humanitarians of the zodiac.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm on the Leo/Virgo cusp (23 August). Before I found out about MBTI, I found out there was such thing as cusp signs. I found the write ups and groups on the net about Leo/Virgo cuspians comforting because they talked about the huge contradictions in the Leo/Virgo personality. Leo and Virgo are basically complete opposites and one of the most incompatible matches in the horoscope... weird, right? Below is an example of the contradictions. I've put what I am in bold...

Leo:
Arrogant
Impatient
Dominating
Posessive
Egoistic
Headstrong
Loyal

Straightforward
Optomistic
Energetic
Kind
Big-Hearted

Virgo:
Judgemental
Conservative
Harsh
Fastidious
Fussy
Overcritical
Modest

Reliable
Analytical
Practical
Intelligent
Meticulous

I'm bang in the middle of the turn over to Virgo, so I literally have a foot in both camps (a recurring motif in my life apparently...).

I have real beef with compatibility logistics and judging who wont go with who. My partner is a Cancer, and Leos and Cancers just do not mix. He's also an ESTP which doesnt fit his own horoscope, like Leo doesn't fit INFJ and ESTP's dont fit INFJ's, yet we both share commonalities with our horoscopes and our relationship is rock solid... Hmmm...

Sun Signs: the Leo-Virgo Cusp

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I think INFJs are more likely to be Scorpio. Cancer as well, but their facade is Scorpio, their essence is Cancer, their core is Pisces.

I need to hug them all. :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
I think INFJs are more likely to be Scorpio.
This.

I've recently met a person who's possibly the most INFJ person I've met. She's a Scorpio.

She's much more determined than me (she's a J after all), but it seems that my insightful views on the topics she's interested in is becoming like a magnet to her.

Every conversation we have brings up four new topics or questions. Eventually we just get blissfully lost in the conversation, which doesn't bother neither of us.

It's a bit of a shame she's busy much of her time and she rarely has time to sit down and start writing. But when she starts and I'm there to write back, hours go by.

I can still already sense the Fe and Se of her through the writing. Even though I would love to be in a relationship with a person who's this much interested in deep talk, mysticism and sharing of knowledge, the emotional turmoils and turbulences during the possible lowpoints would leave me gasping for air.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts