Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a recent interest an ESTP. She doesn't know how to understand him or how to "woo" him. She's an ISTJ.

Do these two types work well? And what attracts ESTPs? What makes you interested and coming back for more?

Reactions: leilli

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
My friend has a recent interest an ESTP. She doesn't know how to understand him or how to "woo" him. She's an ISTJ.

Do these two types work well? And what attracts ESTPs? What makes you interested and coming back for more?
From my experience; fun, excitment, risk taking, adventure, and also quite a few are really into partying as well. Many are also very physical/kinesthetic from my experience as well and often enjoy doing things of a physical nature.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can't go off experience and say that I work well with an ISTJ, but I think TreeBob can give you more info on that topic. As for what attracts me - I go for a person who likes to have fun, doesn't take things seriously, likes to joke around, makes a lot of physical contact with me (whether it's romantic or playing around, I can't get enough of it!) I also like a girl who is not afraid to talk about sex and other "taboo" topics. I guess I go for more of the liberal type. She doesn't have to be a big partier, but it's a plus that she can go out, have a few drinks, and just want to have a fun night. Pretty much what NatetheGreat said is a good synopsis of what I look for. A girl who loves to go on adventures is good in my book

·
Registered
578 Posts
I like your type of Girl Derosa!

I also don't know if I have experience with a ISTJ before, but I'm sure TreeBob or some one with experience knows. :laughing:

Lmao. I guess what attracts me is what you find attractive about me and I love it when she puts all her attention on me.
Yea, when all the fun slows down a little bit and we've gotten to comfortable with each other, I'd like it if took the initiative to know me on a 'deeper' level.

Do'nt get me wrong! I love to have fun all the time, but when I think it's right to have that 'deep personal' talk (which could be the moment we first start talking or 3 days after we known each other), I want to know what you are all about and if you fit my "Standards".

Am I getiting off topic? "What attracts the ESTP"
Hmmm, getting back to the question...
I'm like all normal people.. People who likes having an egg fights, balloon fights, kicking watermelon, eating massive amounts of cheesecake.. but what really attracts me,, is what makes you soo attracted to me..
I kinda don't know what im saying but i think its what i mean and its been in the back of my head for the longest. Just another part of getting to know myself a little better

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I do have experience with ISTJ. As I have mentioned on numerous occasions I believe ISTJ is ESTP's perfect mate (I can't verify this with male ISTJ female ESTP). Basically, if you want him to like you (assuming he is moderately attracted to you physically of course) just get yourself known to him. With the ISTJs I've interacted with as soon as I got to know them a bit, I was usually attracted to them (at least in personality). We like talking to people a lot, especially at first. Ask about his interests and counter respond on what he says. If it seems like you care he will probably start to babble on about it. We like people so if you pay attention to us (and we don't think you are annoying) we will usually want to get to know you more.

I should mention we like witty sarcastic insults. We ESTP men love a good ribbing so's long as we know you are joking. If you insult us and then we insult back in jest you are doing good.

Regarding what others say about their mate, it isn't a good idea to act differently then you normally do to try and woo an ESTP. Just be yourself and let him except you as is. If you are really introverted and he is really extroverted then it may not work. For myself, I love going out a lot but I find I get most of what i need from my girlfriend at home. I need to go out though a couple times a week to play sports or socialize with a group. I encourage her to come out but I don't try and force the matter. Just let him have freedom!

EDIT: Like E/I if you are a high J and he is a high P watch out. You might find his messy, carefree life nice at first but it may grate on you later. I find you anal Js cute when you pick at me.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mind if I butt in with a little question for the ESTP guys about the whole attraction thing?

Somehow I was under the impression that ESTPs like verbal spars? Not serious fights, but more like teasing and sort of dissing each other just for the fun of it? Or am I wrong to assume that?

Because I did that with an ESTP I was sort of flirting with, and during the conversation he didn't seem to mind, but in a later conversation when he was pissed off (though initially not at me) he seemed seriously ticked off by my previous teasing... (Even though it wasn't all that insulting since it was obviously just joking around about his ego, and he had been the one to start teasing me...)

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Mind if I butt in with a little question for the ESTP guys about the whole attraction thing?

Somehow I was under the impression that ESTPs like verbal spars? Not serious fights, but more like teasing and sort of dissing each other just for the fun of it? Or am I wrong to assume that?

Because I did that with an ESTP I was sort of flirting with, and during the conversation he didn't seem to mind, but in a later conversation when he was pissed off (though initially not at me) he seemed seriously ticked off by my previous teasing... (Even though it wasn't all that insulting since it was obviously just joking around about his ego, and he had been the one to start teasing me...)
OK yes we do like verbal spars and it can be a form of flirting for us. That said My best friend is an ENTP female and there have been times when she is trying to be playful and it just doesn't work. Her sarcasm is more mean then funny. ESTJ and somewhat ISTJ as well are good at this.

So remember just cause you think you are being "cute" it doesn't actually mean you are to all types.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts