Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attracted in a strange way to other people, and I'm wondering if any ISFJs are the same way.

I'm attracted mostly to the way people act. Like in the way they walk, and the way they laugh, and the way they look at things or the way they touch things. Maybe it's a super Si thing... I don't know. Along with that I'm attracted to the way that person would speak to others.

So generally I'll like you if you have a smooth walk, a strange laugh, and look, talk to people, and touch things with gentleness and consideration.

Having similar interests is also very important, so we have things to talk about.

I also have to be physically attracted to the person, obviously because anyone who says they aren't attracted to appearances completely are liars, but the physical attraction plays a small part.

What attracts you to a person?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Personality. I wouldn't say i'm searching for someone, but the ideal person for me would probably be someone that will always listen to you, never be afraid to come to you about personal issues, and to be able to stand up for themselves. I've never liked the trope that guys are the only people who can stand up to threats while the girl does nothing but stand back and praise their boyfriend for being "so strong" and act so innocent. That doesn't sound like a relationship i would want.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Personality-wise, I like my men to be on the responsible side with a kind heart, a splash of goofiness, sprinkle in some dorkiness, and garnished with a sense of (controlled) adventure.

I want someone who is not afraid of voicing out their disagreements and is willing to hash out any differences. While I would like to say I want a more dominant partner, I'm starting to think that I would be best matched with someone who is slightly a pushover and winds up doting on me. Because I'm pushy, pouty, and like to get my way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Energetic playfulness should be rather high on the list. Thought provoking ideas should closely follow. Health awareness is something I attribute to the appearance but it's not a perfect correlation.

·
Banned
227 Posts
I'm attracted to different people for different reasons, but there are a few underlying ideals that draws me to someone, friend or otherwise: intelligence; an open, honest, positive attitude; the ability and desire to communicate; a sense of humor and playfulness; love of animals and music; loyalty and kindness; and a driven, passionate desire to live life fully. It may seem cliche, but it also matters to me how they treat others- friends, family, the doorman, waiter, cab driver, etc. I think you can tell a lot about a person by watching their interactions with others.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm attractive to the mysterious. When I can't read people, I want to get to know them better and be close to them. Another thing I'm attracted to is when someone is very shy and have a hard time speaking to people, again it's mysterious to me and I have to try hard in order to get to know the person. I've always been the type of person that wants a challenge when I'm getting to know the person. Other traits that I enjoy is people who voice their opinions, different from others, animal lovers, very kind and friendly, quiet and doesn't care what other people think of them. I want someone who is strong deep down and loves to have deep conversations.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
The way they act and talk? Hmm I guess so... since it forms a general impression of who that person is. Do you like figuring out how the little things a person does makes them who they are, as well as trying to predict their interests or behavioral patterns based on what they do?

Certain things about people attract me yes, but I'd rather just go out and find people then try to dwell on all of this right now. I usually make an impression of if I'm going to like someone instantly, and many times these hunches are correct, but sometimes they're not and I'm just a judgmental ass. I'm working on open mindedness. Sometimes I think I like a person right away, and then later I hate them. But if you're off, a danger to me, creepy, I get the feeling instantly. Something is "off". But sometimes I trust too much, wanting to believe the best, and I fucked myself over. I gotta trust those inclinations more damn it.

But I guess I just like funny people, interesting people, anyone who can challenge me, people I can just click with. Those people who can see sides of every situation. Anyone I can completely be myself around, though that's a tricky topic to get into. I rarely find those people, so it's masquerade mask for me. Maybe I need more trust, to care less about what others think of me. But that's a hard concept to swallow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts