Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed, every type has a different ideas on this one.
behaviours are explainable by the function connections.

for some reason, i find others who use what i myself do (Ti > Fe), tactics to get what you want from other people, as offencive, like they treat me as a mere object to be used. and its very ironic, considering i have that connection in my own type.

and on topic, ive realized other people too, find their inferior > dominant connection very offencive when used by others. like some people often accuse others of lying without basis in reality, when they themselves do it due that connection. its weird, i dont know why everyone views this inferior > dominant connection of theirs own so offending.

when i understood this connection in depth, it made me sick in my stomach to think that people do this stuff. including me. even though its the _healthy_ <.< .. i guess, its some kind of irrational hate of your inferior function? =| (especially that it actually dominates your dominating function, which is hard to fathom. because we'd like to think that our dominant is the one in control. while reality is, they all work as a team.)

i also realized, that the function following our feeling function is the hting, we _very_ selfishly want. like for me, Ni, it means, that i will manipulate others into becoming interesting. yeah, i know, its a GOOD thing, but i cant fathom, that my motivation is still selfish!

like unhealthy intj's: Fi > Ne: means they only care about Ne, which for them is information. thus, arrogant, information hungry unhealthy intj's were born.

i know this new insight into types is really great, but im deeply disgusted from the idea, that we are _all_ selfish..
it just goes against my world view.. figures, an Fe dom. -.-

ok, enough of my rant about humanity and all animal life being deeply disgusting, what do _you_ find unacceptable?

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Outside of illegal behaviour that will get you locked up?

Wandering slowly holding people up. Driving below the speed limit. Walking slowly taking up the pavement/sidewalk/path/aisle. Would you wake up and get the hell out my way already? I just want to high five them in the face. If you're moving slowly, leave space for people to pass.

When I get hurt and people insist on going in my space when I'm trying to cool off. I don't want to be mean when they ask if I'm okay, but I'm not okay yet so back off a minute. If I answer to soon, I'm in pain and I'll verbally take it out on them. Give injured people space!

Swearing loudly around little kids. Stop being a dick.

Am I getting pissed off at my inferior Ni? I don't know.

·
Registered
225 Posts
-Driving absent mindedly, especially if I have to ride with you. I usually prefer to drive.
-Passive agression. If you have a problem with me or something I did, just tell me, don't beat around the bush.
-Not being straightforward- again, if you have a problem, tell me. I'm not gonna break. (part of my job now involves sales and I run into this sometimes with people who have no intention of buying from the get go, but would rather say they are going to and dodge me for weeks to avoid the confrontation)
-Taking too long to tell a story- get to the point.
-Long phone conversations
- Asking me how I feel all the time, being really gushy

·
Registered
225 Posts
Oh, I forgot one. Being overly nice/complimentary to spare my feelings or whatever.

I have a friend (she's an enfp, btw) who I generally get along with well but sometimes when I'm talking in matter of fact terms she thinks I'm putting myself down. For example the other day we were in a boutique and I said, "I get frustrated with these places because the larges usually don't fit me. My shoulders are too broad for them." She said, "Oh, I don't believe that! You look great!" Moments later I asked the woman working in the store to get me a pair of jeans and she said she'd bring me a size 5. I was like, "Well if you want me to get them over my hips you're going to have to bring me a size 9 or an 11." Her response was also, "No way, that can't be true!" Since when was my being my actual size my putting myself down? I'm always baffled. I know I look great. But I'm 5'7" with a large frame. My husband has always referred to me as his amazonian (which my enfp friend also interpreted my talking about as putting myself down- I'm proud of it) I look slim, but it is just a fact that I'm often a size large and I tend to wear a size 8 to 10 and I see nothing wrong with it. I've even told her multiple times, "Hey, I'm not putting myself down, I like how I look. These are just facts." She responds with a shocked look on her face and doesn't say anything else until the next time. Anyway, that always frustrates me. I can't seem to get across that I am not insulting myself, I'm just being a realistic person, lol.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Being disingenuous, claiming to care about people but really collecting allies, excessive use of personas over authenticity, an air of self importance not earned, those that put others down to elevate themselves, whose that devalue warmth and caring as 'ulterior motives' when selflessness is offered, anti intellectualism, dominant-submissive roles played when equality is better goal, people shaming when someone has not upset another, empathy that becomes manipulative, game playing, selfishness being a norm, how people become 'offended' when asked to reciprocate efforts of another as if 'inconvenienced' somehow.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
This one's a HUGE thing for me: People who try to mold others into themselves or push their values (or society values) onto them. Controlling people.
(I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. It's one thing if the person's actions are directly impacting you, but why the fuck do you care if they have different views/lifestyles/values/thought, especially if their lives don't impact you at all? Why even bother with all the effort)

·
Registered
354 Posts
-Being two-faced, like pretending to be someones friend but talking behind their back when they're gone.

-Any kind of bigotry, racism, homophobia, etc

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lying to avoid punishment for a mistake made. On top of that, twisting the truth to make it seem like it was someone else's fault. I was friends with a very emotionally manipulative INFJ who did this to me all the time. I felt like everything that went wrong was my fault for a while, because he refused to take responsibility for his actions. When I would come out and tell the truth to everyone he lied to in order to set things straight (who knew he was lying already) he would become very aggressive with me, calling me the least trustworthy person on earth among other things.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Playing the blame game.
I have zero tolerance for it, I will literally stop talking to someone on that alone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The sort of actitude pesimistic, and the stellas, who do they think they are?, and of couse to sum up what ihave to say, every kind of behaviour that make pain and suffer to other human

·
Registered
177 Posts
Inconsiderate of other peoples space, ideas, opinions, feelings, plans;

disruptive for their personal emotional benefit and only to my detriment in mood (or something else);

attempting to harvest attention purely based on a personal need to do so, and with no respect for others around them (e.g. yelling small talk at your friends from 30 ft when you can just walk up to them) #ESFP;

ignorance to aspects of topics of which they influence decisions;

imposing your sense of "what is", i.e. right, good, hot, ugly, popular, stupid, cool, etc, on other people, in spite of the fact that they are other people.

etc; really just basic social considerations, usually has something to do with not appreciating a "common denominator" of everyones acceptances in a given situation, and the actions that manifest from that ignorance.

Just noticed an INTJ made a good point of one above - the difference of listening and perceiving with bias in a discussion, argument, etc, very annoying and un-constructive.

·
Registered
580 Posts
This one's a HUGE thing for me: People who try to mold others into themselves or push their values (or society values) onto them. Controlling people.
(I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. It's one thing if the person's actions are directly impacting you, but why the fuck do you care if they have different views/lifestyles/values/thought, especially if their lives don't impact you at all? Why even bother with all the effort)
Eh... It's kinda like you're playing a character in a play. If you see someone steal and don't do anything about it makes you equally to blame even though you weren't directly involved with the crime. It's like supporting people to go out into the world and steal stuff.

It's just a value thing and sometimes people take it way out of proportion.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Being disingenuous, claiming to care about people but really collecting allies, excessive use of personas over authenticity, an air of self importance not earned, those that put others down to elevate themselves, whose that devalue warmth and caring as 'ulterior motives' when selflessness is offered, anti intellectualism, dominant-submissive roles played when equality is better goal, people shaming when someone has not upset another, empathy that becomes manipulative, game playing, selfishness being a norm, how people become 'offended' when asked to reciprocate efforts of another as if 'inconvenienced' somehow.
Wow. You've just described everything I dislike about English culture!
Out of the 100+ people where I work, there are about 5 who don't do any of this except as a last resort. All the others do at least some of these on a regular basis.
My husband and I have both noted that some English people have a whole array of faux personas, deflections, ego defense mechanisms etc. That in itself isn't all that strange... but then they use them to distract from or hide perfectly innocuous matters that the average European person wouldn't even notice or judge. Dafuq what's going on?

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Wow. You've just described everything I dislike about English culture!
Out of the 100+ people where I work, there are about 5 who don't do any of this except as a last resort. All the others do at least some of these on a regular basis.
My husband and I have both noted that some English people have a whole array of faux personas, deflections, ego defense mechanisms etc. That in itself isn't all that strange... but then they use them to distract from or hide perfectly innocuous matters that the average European person wouldn't even notice or judge. Dafuq what's going on?
What I dislike about media influenced western cultures... then again what is one to say or do besides striving to attain maturity and self awareness so they can remain authentic to themselves.

I particularly dislike how many people will do practically anything to avoid 'shame', inferiority, admitting they are not always 'an expert', being seen as vulnerable or human and willfully partitioning their true selves off from others (outside of professionalism of course).

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Inconsiderate of other peoples space, ideas, opinions, feelings, plans;

disruptive for their personal emotional benefit and only to my detriment in mood (or something else);

attempting to harvest attention purely based on a personal need to do so, and with no respect for others around them (e.g. yelling small talk at your friends from 30 ft when you can just walk up to them) #ESFP;

ignorance to aspects of topics of which they influence decisions;

etc; really just basic social considerations, usually has something to do with not appreciating a "common denominator" of everyones acceptances in a given situation, and the actions that manifest from that ignorance.

Just noticed an INTJ made a good point of one above - the difference of listening and perceiving with bias in a discussion, argument, etc, very annoying and un-constructive.
"imposing your sense of "what is", i.e. right, good, hot, ugly, popular, stupid, cool, etc, on other people, in spite of the fact that they are other people."

you know, it affects to me. as i grew up to this world, pretty much everyone drank alcohol and taught me too. it made my brains worse, possibly permanently. how could ive known its a bad thing if everyone says its not? these kind of destructive substances should be eradicated entirely, they only cause harm, and not only to their users. ive also been a victim of alcohol induced violence. and if my mother followed my values, she wouldnt had caused a permanent injury to me that has made my life a complete misery.

Eh... It's kinda like you're playing a character in a play. If you see someone steal and don't do anything about it makes you equally to blame even though you weren't directly involved with the crime. It's like supporting people to go out into the world and steal stuff.

i never report crime. why? because the laws do NOTHING to punish them, they are mere recommendations. this is an unjust world.

Reactions: O_o

·
Registered
5,261 Posts

Idk dude, as far as I'm concerned, the ones doing the "punishment" are generally criminals themselves in one way or another. So what if they steal? Who knows what situation the person is in which lead them to steal, why should I slightly fuck their life over and most likely have them pay fines much larger than required to some folks using that money for god knows what reason. But regarding my previous text, I wasn't really referring to things like that (criminal things, things which impact others) I was specifically referring to individuals that push such morals like religion, morals, ways of life onto someone for no apparent reason other than that that is how they feel the world should be. It's selfish and pointless.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts