Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 5333 Posts

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Right now none, posting instead. just finished 'Prometheus Rising' for the second time by Robert Anton Wilson and before that read 'The Illuminatus Trilogy' by same guy.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Right now I'm reading Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman and Paradise Lost by John Milton. I've been wanting to read Paradise Lost for a long time, but now I'm finding the style is a bit tedious

My husband just brought me Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, and I will probably start that tonight.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Currently reading Sunshine by Robin McKinley as I thought I would try a different genre then what I usually pick up. Not sure what I'll read next as I've run out of new books. Might re-read my Kushiel books by Jacquieline Carrey.

·
Registered
826 Posts
i'm always reading several books at the same time. sometimes it can take quite a while to finish one.
now i read:
1. "the great railway bazaar" by paul theroux. very good, probably the best travel book ever.
2 "the historian" by elisabeth kostova. too many details, too childish, great atmosphere, would be great if it was darker.
3. "a time to every purpose under heaven" by karl ove knausgaard. a brilliant book by a brilliant norwegian author.

·
Registered
534 Posts
How to Snag a Chick in Seven Days....just kidding...or am I.

Currently reading Hellblazer: War Lord by John Shirley

Reactions: x_Rosa_x

·
Premium Member
15,241 Posts
Choosing A Jewish Life: A Handbook for People Converting To Judaism & for Their Family and Friends by Anita Diamant.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I'm reading The Illuminatus Trilogy by RAW ,the tales of H.P. Lovercraft collection of short story's , neverwhere by Neil Gaiman , and preacher(comic) by garth ennis & steve dillon
Right on! RAW is an infinetly interesting read.

·
Registered
675 Posts
What Happy People Know by D.Baker and C.Stauth.

What do they know? And how can I exploit it? :dry:

Reactions: x_Rosa_x

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Small Places, Large Issues: An Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Currently reading Dragons of the Highlord Skies (Lost Chronicles Vol II) by the masters Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. After I am done that I have waiting The Eye if the Heron by Ursula K. Le Guin

Reactions: Notus Asphodelus

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
I'm reading Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. pretty much awesome so far
Saw the movie, that shit was fucked up, lol. (If the movie is based off the book that is, the book could be about watching trains for all i know :p)

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
Just picked up 'The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger' again. Interesting reading again now that i know about different types. Plus Roland is a fellow ISTP :)

1 - 20 of 5333 Posts