Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the key to happiness in life? Is there such a thing as living a fulfilling life without any regrets?

·
Registered
206 Posts
To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women.

To answer your question, I don't think there's such a thing as a life without regrets. Regret is a natural reaction to living, learning, and realizing what would have been different if you'd possessed such knowledge before. I'd also present the idea that a fulfilling life and a happy life are two different things, and need not be connected.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sad things happen and I get sad but my outlook is never sad or cynical. I am deeply grounded by the cycle and rhythm of life and if you don't lose sight of that then happiness is never far away. In a word: perspective is my happiness. Live in that place above the moment. Be infinite.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Accomplishments, essentially.

·
Registered
INTP
438 Posts
Living for God will give you no regrets, but it won't necessarily make you happy all the time (no one said it was easy) (depending on your perspective on what you undergo).
Drugs will only make you happy depending on a) the kind of drug, b) how much money you have, c) if you get caught using an illegal drug, etc. etc. etc.
Relationships will give you a thrill, but it will last up until either a) your introverted side kicks in and you get tired of the person or b) the other person starts irritating you, etc. etc.

But I guess the question should be, What exactly are you asking for?

Reactions: Powershower

·
Registered
591 Posts
ENTPs.

ENTPs will bring happiness into your life. And probably lots of other things.

But mostly happiness. Think of us as the stray cat that just sort of adopted your family. We're like that.
Tsc...Tsc...Tsc... Cocky one arent you? :3

I jest

Reactions: Powershower

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... things like expectations, standards, being judgmental, being unforgiving, etc. probably ruin it the most for me.
Other people doing these things or you doing these things? ....I'm curious.

I have been contemplating about being judgmental of people lately. I am very judgmental naturally, I think its my eF. I have decided to notice others weaknesses and strengths, but to focus on the good and be aware of the bad.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Surely you don't think an absolute state is possibly achievable by humans? Everyone will have regrets. I regret waking up this morning. There's one for you! Life sucks.

Sincerely,
A disgruntled intp who needs sleep and is sick of school.
You can't know good without the bad, is there a way that we can be grateful for the bad....even though it fking sucks to deal with? I have regrets sure. I have learned lessons from the bad though. Without pain, I would not know bliss. Without laziness, I would not know what hard work is. Without stress, I would not know what relaxing is. Without failing, I would not know what success feels like. Every single negative has its opposite. Can you know the good without the bad?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Accomplishments, essentially.
Is it overcoming obstacles along the way, IE.... the journey or the end results?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Approximating truth

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I have very little regrets, because I accept that in most cases, I would have made the same choices under the same circumstances.

I think acceptance might be able to lead to happiness.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts