Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brought u joybeams & peace as a kid? When last have feeling as an adult? How?

You know that peaceful, joyous feeling of childhood play? Lack of inhibitions. Freedom.

Excepting those in child-slavery and similarly severe circumstances, even those with the crappiest backgrounds had at least a few experiences where the world felt light, mysteriously fun & full of promise.

I can think of building forts (tree, snow, blanket). Making things out of sticks and mud and flowers, while looking for tadpoles. Racing down hills, rolling our bodies to see who could reach bottom the fastest. Looking at clouds and thinking what shapes they resembled, hoping I would disappear to a secret world in the spaces in between...

For a long time I didn't have those feelings. Now, I find them in travel overseas. Trying new things. Swimming or sleeping without clothing. Saying no to things I don't think are right for me.

What about you?

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I don't smell anything offensive so its not that, and I can hear you just fine. Thinking of how to answer this, will post something when I've worked out what I want to say. Some threads just don't take off quickly, and the better the question the more time it takes to formulate an answer, take heart.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
What brought u joybeams & peace as a kid?
I had a weird childhood but I think a happy one, I keep trying to remember specific things that inspired that feeling but I'm having trouble. I think I felt that way for a lot of my early years. I do keep coming back to a few images of when I'd explore the woods with my dog, an intrepid little cairn terrier. When I was riding my bike really fast and jumping over things on it is another. The first time I walked over a sand dune and saw the ocean, this image stands out, I remember looking out over the water, the breeze in my face and knowing that that water led everywhere. That I could get on it and go wherever my desire and the wind could take me.

When last have feeling as an adult? How?
The last time I had that feeling was right now and for the past week or so. I really don't feel comfortable in going to a lot of detail about it, but I'm in love and thats a really hard feeling to beat. I keep seeing infinite amazing possibilities stretching out before me and its almost overwhelmingly joyful, and also a bit scary, but thats part of the fun. I never really thought this would happen to me again so its taken me quite off guard.

·
Banned
1,186 Posts
What brought u joybeams & peace as a kid?

When last have feeling as an adult? How?
The last time I had that feeling was right now and for the past week or so. I really don't feel comfortable in going to a lot of detail about it, but I'm in love and thats a really hard feeling to beat. I keep seeing infinite amazing possibilities stretching out before me and its almost overwhelmingly joyful, and also a bit scary, but thats part of the fun. I never really thought this would happen to me again so its taken me quite off guard.
OMG! How wonderful for you! I haven't had much contact with you lately and it looks like a lot has been happening. I'm happy for you, T. Looks like you are well. You definitely have a sparkle in your eye and a glowing heart. All the best to you, comrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts