Personality Cafe banner

what can an infj hope ?

[ENFP] 
2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  The King Of Dreams 
#1 ·
when in relationship with enfp ?

#3 ·
more precisely , i love enfp' s usually, but what about long run ? what about clash between J and P ? what about the fact that infj is the shadow of enfp ? and the socionic sayd that it s a relationship of extinguishment ? I 've already read that it depend of course of each individual. But it doesn't give enough details in order to understand how theses question are in real life solved .

#10 ·
Well, there's an INFJ I've wanted to date sometimes, and she's wanted to date me too. But we've always moved away from each other and back, or been in relationships while the other was single, so just haven't crossed wires at the same time...Yet.

I respect her noble heart, she wants to run her own battered women's shelter and she's very interesting. Great conversations, sociable 1 on 1, etc. We've sparred a few times. Once me "not making enough effort" to see her when she visted, and more annoyingly, she didn't like when I donated money to a homeless person. Which, uh, got me. Especially the hypocrisy of her wanting to make her own charity lol! But that was a one off. Overall I think it's a great match, and I know not one but TWO male ENFPs not of these boards who married INFJs...

#7 ·
Epic awesomeness.

For real, these Fi/Fe clashes are funny things. I have a close friend that's an infj and when he tells me something that's going against the grain I tend to stop right away. I always thought to myself, "I should be angry since he's stepping on my independence!" but I never do. I just innately trust it.

Seriously, you'll love it.

#8 ·
Awesome passion, love and trust...

INFJ (Ni Fe Ti Se) and
ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si) are very similar. They GET us and we GET them.... I love the relationship between these two types.... Even friendships between a ENFP and INFJ guys are awesome.

#11 ·
I'm 6 months into a relationship with a beautiful girl - who so happens to be an INFJ as well! Our passion and love is amazing together - it's ecstasy when we're together.

We tend to have a lot of Fe vs. Fi clashes - but we work thru them and get better. It's funny that even though we get each other on such a deep level, the Fe vs. Fi clash is still there. We are both just committed to making it work though and figure it out.

I think the INFJ personality is perfect for me and the ENFP personality is perfect for her. I know every ENFP has their preferences and she most definitely is mine... everything I ever dreamed of in one girl.

#12 ·
I have to admit I was never really interested in a romantic relationship with an INFJ but I’ve since been converted :tongue:. It’s a great mix, though yes as was touched on before the Fe/Fi clash can be a bit of a challenge at first but when both parties are aware of it, it makes things run so much smoother.

The dynamic is an easy one, even with the opposing functions since the preferences are still in the same order so rather than clash they seem to fit together very well. We can learn from each other and with us sharing the love for the abstract it’s a very natural attraction.

I’m just at the beginning stages of getting to know an INFJ guy on a… well a much deeper level and I have to admit its one of the most amazing connections I’ve experienced. Though he did go through quite a period of in-and-out introversion at first as I guess he had to sort some things out in his mind etc. That was especially difficult because I wanted to talk to him all the time and he needed that space. I think a lot of people tend to find that introversion session quite scary/off putting because you guys have the ability to completely disconnect. But since then we’ve been totally inseparable… which is not easy because there is a fair bit of distance between us as to where we live.

With a (healthy) ENFP I think an INFJ can expect an incredibly soulful connection. Sharing a passion for the abstract, ideas, possibilities and future planning. I haven’t experienced anything in the physical side of a relationship with an INFJ… yet… but I can tell you now the attraction is most definitely there :proud:.

We do tend to create this huge iNtuitive bubble… like an entire universe together.
The down side is that if we’re not careful the practical things that need to be done like chores and dishes etc seem to be left to the wayside a bit, although Js seem to notice this a lot more than Ps. I tend to let things reach a point before I explode into psycho cleaning mode. The P/J factor isn’t toooo bad however. I don’t mind fitting into other people’s organization/plans (in fact I would prefer it), but at the same time I’m always capable and ready to take over if plans go astray.

I know an INFJ/ENFP married couple (married for 25 years now) and they’re still crazy for one another. They make an awesome team! I’m sure as with any other relationship there will be huge hurdles and obstacles on the way but in all it’s a pretty sweet dynamic in my opinion. :happy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.