Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never have nightmares. I had one when I was younger after watching "The Ring" which consisted of the actual movie (the one from the video tape) replaying in my head ad naseum. I apparently stored every single grisly image in that video.

Anyway, I never have nightmares.

I have read that in general this means I am a stable, relaxed, positive type person with few stresses. I agree, because it is true for me.

But what say you?

·
*Triple Thanks*
3,287 Posts
It means you are the next Ted Bundy waiting to happen! ;p

I buy the stable, relaxed, positive type person with few stressors explanation. I think nightmares are the result of stress, anxiety (which is a form of stress), and eating way too much food right before bed.

I'm curious what others have to say.

Reactions: bluh and sanari

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've had a couple of nightmares in the past where I would scream my lungs out. Funnily enough I've never been conscious of them.. So if you ask me it never happened.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
It's very possible that you have had nightmares that you don't remember. We don't remember a great deal of our dreams, nor are we aware of all of them.

I don't think it means anything if you haven't had nightmares. What do you interpret that it means?

Reactions: bluh and Popinjay

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It means you are the next Ted Bundy waiting to happen! ;p

I buy the stable, relaxed, positive type person with few stressors explanation. I think nightmares are the result of stress, anxiety (which is a form of stress), and eating way too much food right before bed.

I'm curious what others have to say.
I *have* been watching the Hannibal show, maybe I should start my M.O.

Perhaps paper cut slowly to death, with a hari kiri finisher?

Reactions: Popinjay

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's very possible that you have had nightmares that you don't remember. We don't remember a great deal of our dreams, nor are we aware of all of them.

I don't think it means anything if you haven't had nightmares. What do you interpret that it means?

I am pretty conscious during my dream life. My dreams become memories. As silly as it sounds, I can never recall waking and not remembering what I dreamt.

I am very in touch with my dreams, I would have to say. I have same locations that host different dreams, I can smell, feel, taste. I never fly or see strange things like elephants with wings or fantastical creatures. I am extremely boring, lol. But my dreams serve a purpose sometimes.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I think your interpretation is correct. It could indeed mean that you don't have many (or any) anxieties. I only have nightmares when I'm in a stressful period of my life. Whatever they are, I know how to interpret them most of the time and how to link them to stuff that are happening to me or that I'll soon have to be confronted to.

Reactions: Popinjay

·
Banned
2,715 Posts
I think people are simply full of shit when they talk about their dreams and consciously modify them so they make some sort of sense. Just stay real.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I think it means you know how to processes the negative things that happen to you while you're awake, so your mind doesn't have as much need to try to process them while you're asleep. I also don't have a lot of nightmares. Or if something bad happens in a dream, it either doesn't feel real enough to bother me or I find a way to deal with it in the dream. I have had some very realistic nightmares, but they really don't happen very often. I think in my case, it's because I'm confident in my ability to survive and/or solve problems. Could that possibly be what's happening with you?
Some people also believe that eating a lot of salty foods before going to bed can cause nightmares, so maybe you don't eat a lot of salty foods right before bed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I never have nightmares. I had one when I was younger after watching "The Ring" which consisted of the actual movie (the one from the video tape) replaying in my head ad naseum. I apparently stored every single grisly image in that video.

Anyway, I never have nightmares.

I have read that in general this means I am a stable, relaxed, positive type person with few stresses. I agree, because it is true for me.

But what say you?
It makes me wonder if your dreams are so horrid that you go through memory loss!

Um... I have nightmares due to my arachnophobia & my extreme hatred of math.
I also notice a lot of the time I'll "say something" to someone in my dreams when I know I'm 100% sure & the people either ignore or don't do what I advise & I end up having to save them which usually ends up costing my life. Fun fun.
Huh. Well I'm an ENFP so stress; yes. Including overthinking things to the point I'm stressed.

Just wondering, do you experience R.E.M. sleep?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it means you never remember your nightmares. I have tons of dreams and nightmares, but I never remember them that well, or at all.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It makes me wonder if your dreams are so horrid that you go through memory loss!

Um... I have nightmares due to my arachnophobia & my extreme hatred of math.
I also notice a lot of the time I'll "say something" to someone in my dreams when I know I'm 100% sure & the people either ignore or don't do what I advise & I end up having to save them which usually ends up costing my life. Fun fun.
Huh. Well I'm an ENFP so stress; yes. Including overthinking things to the point I'm stressed.

Just wondering, do you experience R.E.M. sleep?
Yes. I dream every night, and write down my dreams upon waking.

Those who suggest I just do not remember do not know how much I actually recall. I have very little stress in my life. Not because bad things do not happen to me, but because when they do, I do not stress over them. Life goes on, and what may kill me will - so why stress?

I believe in my past lives I was a monk or a hippie.

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
I can't say I'm not stressed and stuff but I had few nightmares in my whole life... I also wonder if we should count dreams that seem objectively nightmare-like but do not make the dreamer feel bad/afraid/whatever. Like, I had a few dreams with considerable amount of gore and/or other standard horror movie themes but neither was I afraid in the dream nor after waking up. When I had a dream in which I killed off everybody I met and then got hunted down and killed by another person, I woke up and was like "Sick... Meh. Time for breakfast."

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I very, very rarely have nightmares (or never remember them!) but I think I am pretty average when it comes to stress and stability. I tend to be anxious and emotionally unstable, though I have a fairly stable outward life. My anxiety just doesn't come out in nightmares for whatever reason. I guess since a lot of my stress is reality-based, I don't have much reason for it to carry over into a non-reality dreamworld!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts