1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well, what do you want to do?

·
Registered
707 Posts
There's no answer to that. Although I have considered suicide...hmmm...
Here's the thing if you're not interested in pursuing a graduate degree, or working in the public sector, or even the nonprofit sector than you'd need to work on skills that will ultimately apply to the job you do want. So an individual can study philosophy while simultaneously mastering Java or Ruby, and still manage to get a job as a programmer. That's why I asked what do you want to do.

Your degree doesn't dictate what you do

Reactions: cam3llia and Coburn

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Each degree has a list of possible and profitable career paths. That's what I asked for. What you're telling me applies to every human being who's willing to work. Catch my drift?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the thing if you're not interested in pursuing a graduate degree, or working in the public sector, or even the nonprofit sector than you'd need to work on skills that will ultimately apply to the job you do want. So an individual can study philosophy while simultaneously mastering Java or Ruby, and still manage to get a job as a programmer. That's why I asked what do you want to do.

Your degree doesn't dictate what you do
Sorry...I'm depressed and angry and used you as a punch bag. Please forgive me. However, it's like I said, I just want to know the jobs within the IR field...generally...despite what I want...

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Work for an embassy.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Each degree has a list of possible and profitable career paths. That's what I asked for. What you're telling me applies to every human being who's willing to work. Catch my drift?
An International Relations degree alone best prepares you for the foreign service test, the exams they administer to those wishing to become diplomats. Aside from continuing your formal education in graduate or law school, your degree does really afford you any real options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts